18 June 2017

snowy || an poem

Snow to match the poem-- I took this the same day the photo was made.

"It is snowing."

Outside, puffs of white swoon in the air
elegantly in the duration of the waxing snores.
I am snuggled under the safety of warm blankets,
two pillows, sock-free toes.
It must be really beautiful outside. 
Wish I could see it.

"It just is more shoveling for me /
But is beautiful /
Quietly falling all around . . ."

Shoveling? This
leads to recollections of old discussions:
driveways, ice cream, remote start for cars.
None of the above induced a terrifying sensation
so potent as the conversation we are having.

When did you become so poetic,
salvaging every piece of your weary spirit
to produce such words?
This tenderness, the softness of the flake
this is much unlike you.
I am scared of what this may mean,
but I won't tell you this aloud.

This is shoveling:
Shoveling just means a bigger pile 
to get snowballs from and a wall 
to protect yourself.
I wish I could be outside. Agree?

"It's really cold."

Funny.
In our days as innocent 
as the white Narnian banks,
Frost sat in our hands, humming in
nature's cadence of a man returning home.
You anchored yourself to rationality.
I grasp your hand as I soar in imagination.

Yes, it may be cold, but...
It's worth being here.
And hey, warm evenings just reading late 
(or just talking with you)
into the night as snow falls 
isn't as appreciated without knowing 
how cold it is outside.
Good night, friend.

“Good night.”

Because with you, I am warm.

--

An old poem from several months ago, for practice and contemplation.

Hello, everyone! Yes, I know it's not winter, but there are reasons for sharing this poem. It's that time of year again-- by the time you've read this, I will have arrived at my vacation destination, and will be gone for some time. I'm going to try my best to keep up with responding to comments, but please do not be shocked if I disappear for a week or so without connecting. I'll be back soon!

22 comments:

  1. This is a sweet poem and have loads of fun!!!!!!
    x Skye // A little inkling // http://alittleinklings.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Skye! :D

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  2. This is such a beautiful poem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you love this poem, Jollygirl!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  3. WELL HELLO. For some reason, I have not checked out your blog yet, BUT HERE I AM. I must say, it is amazing. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WELLO HI LAURA. xD I'M SO GLAD YOU HERE! *insert loud squealing* :D

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  4. I love this poem so much!

    - Fifi
    beyondthedysphoria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much love, Fifi! Also, I've been meaning to check out your blog but I just haven't had the time recently-- I will soon!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  5. Such a beautiful, atmospheric poem <3 I WISH I could live somewhere where it snowed!! I love the cold so much and snow always looks so gorgeous in photos :(

    Lovely poem, Abby :)

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU SHOULD VISIT A PLACE WHERE IT SNOWS. Alaska and Switzerland, I feel, are the best places for beautiful winter times. <3 Make snow angels, an igloo, a snowman... and YESSSSS have a snow ball fight!!!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  6. aww this makes me miss the colder weather! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss the cold weather right now, but I'm enjoying the heat as well! Funny how we crave things we want but take the things (like weather) we have right now for granted.

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  7. Gosh I love this so much. It's perfect, Abby. <3

    I hope you have an absolutely wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GAHHHHHH funny you say that, as you actually know my rambles and may have an idea what my inner brain was hinting at *cough cough*

      I LOVE TRAVELING SO MUCH. xD

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  8. This was amazing. So beautifully written. x Nikita

    BLOG//Jasmine Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI NIKITA! Thank you so much, m'dear! I'll check out your blog soon, once I get settled down at home in a few.

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  9. Lovely poem. I really like how you included moments and bits of memory - it gives the reader a warm feeling (ironically). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you in on a little bit behind the scenes on this: this poem is based on a texting conversation I had with someone late at night after a party. xD I'm so happy the warm feeling got through!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  10. Oh, this is so beautiful, Abigail! I hope you're having a wonderful vacation. ;) (And dude I remember seeing snow only like three times ever -- once when I was five, and two other times at a ski resort. TEXAS SUCKS.)

    may @ forever and everly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, May! I hope you'll have a wonderful vacation in Canada! Also, Texas does not suck. Some of my favorite people (like you!) live there. :D

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Abigail Lennah