28 March 2017

Regal Hearts Book Tour: Interview With Livy!


Good morning, everyone! Today I have a wonderful surprise-- I'm participating in the Regal Hearts book tour to promote this new mini-series! Now, usually don't do interviews, but I've read the first two episodes and absolutely loved it. It's really good. Here to join us on the blog today is Livy, the creator of the mini-series as well as the founder of Crown of Beauty Magazine, to give a bit more insight about the first ten episodes of the season.

L: Regal Hearts begins with the dramatic birth of our main characters - royal daughters who get whisked away in the middle of the night, just after the Queen of Bella Adar (their Mother) is murdered. The girls are then placed in the care of the URIA who finds secure homes for each of them. Fast forward sixteen-years, and each sister (who all live radically different lives from one another) discover secrets from their past, and embark on a roller-coaster ride of adventure and craziness in search of their true identity. 
L: The character I relate to the most is definitely Emma! She's much more introverted than I am, but I absolutely relate with her desire to lock herself up in her room, clam up at social situations, and stumble awkwardly through life. It's been really fun hearing reactions from the readers, discovering that Emma is a favorite character of others as well. Even though Emma is somewhat shy and reserved, she has very strong opinions about the things going on around her. The story which breaks out in her life is a little bit insane, but Emma would never imagine herself as a lead or a heroine. I think she's just so incredibly normal that most everyone can see a little bit of themselves in her.

Emma is one of my favorite characters, too-- she reads a whole ton and just watches the busy world around her.
L: Something that each of the sisters have in common, is their search for true identity. I'm so fascinated by the idea that they grew up their entire lives, sixteen years of thinking a certain thing about themselves and their world, when suddenly something crashes in and challenges everything they've ever known. All at once, their comfort zones and secure anchors are shattered. That intense confrontation between their old and new identity means that they now have a choice to make: are they going to continue to be the old person they always thought they were, or step out into the unknown and be the person that God is calling them to become?

In the first two episodes, we're introduced to three different sisters, each living drastically different lifestyles: one is in Europe, another is a famous Hollywood actress, and the last is an Amish girl living her life contently. Pictured above would be an interpretation of Aurora, the actress, donning a pair of shades.

L: I love playing around with this idea in a fictional sense, because in some small way, we are all dealing with this in our lives. There's a continuous struggle between the person we used to be, and the person God is calling us to become. We see this in the Bible over and over again! God called Gideon, Abraham, Sarah, Esther, and so many others to abandon everything they used to know about themselves, and step into their new identity. Just look at Saul to Paul! In Christ we are a new creation, and the old has passed away...but we have to choose to let go of the past. Like a caterpillar, we all need to go through the process of enduring the painful and uncomfortable cocoon before breaking out into the butterfly God wants us to be. And that's what each of these characters experience. The process of metamorphosis.     
L: The villain in this story can easily be labeled as the enemy of our souls. In the same way that Raymond attempts to steal, kill and destroy the Bella Adarian throne - the devil is trying to do the same thing with us. The devil is trying to do the same thing with us. He uses fear, intimidation, and lies to keep us as far away as possible from our royal identity in Christ. But in the same way that the girls are given an opportunity to reclaim their royal heritage: so are we. If we choose to embrace and believe what God says about us, we don't have to give the enemy any room to keep stealing from us.

There's a bunch of underlying motifs and symbolism lying around...
L: There are a total of 10 episodes in Season 1, and Season 2 is already in the works! Season 1 is all about introducing the characters, drawing you into their stories, and confronting them with important decisions to make...but Season 2 is where things get really intense, as you begin to see the results of some decisions that are being made. And trust me, it's powerful, crazy exciting stuff! So anyway, my hope is that after Season 1, readers will be super stoked and expectant for Season 2, because the story isn't finished yet. I believe that God is going to use this story to speak to hearts about a variety of things, but as I mentioned earlier, I really hope that everyone will be encouraged to fully embrace the person that God has called them to be. My prayer is that fear is shattered and we all step out in boldness into the new adventures God has for us. That we're able to let go of the past, abandon wrong ideas and patterns of thinking about ourselves and our lives, and make some HUGE waves for God's glory and His Kingdom!


Eeep, thank you so much Livy for this wonderful opportunity! Are you interested in reading the series? Out of the three characters listed so far (although I didn't list their names), which one sounds the most like you? Be sure to read the first episode and catch the second episode, out this Friday! That's in three days! 


11 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for being part of the Blog Tour! I loved all of your questions, they were so thought provoking! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, Livy! I really enjoyed this opportunity! I'm trying to get my Kindle working so I can read Episode Three-- can't wait to see what happens with Aurora, Emma, Lena, and Elizabeth!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  2. Oh, I really enjoyed learning more about the mini series! Thanks for sharing with us, Abigail! :D

    (Also, I've nominated you for the Sunshine Blogger award! Here's the link so you can check it out: https://foreverandeverly.wordpress.com/2017/03/29/sunshine-blogger-award Hope you can do it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, May!

      ... shoot, I still haven't read it yet but it's getting late here! *flails and faints* I shall go read it tomorrow morning! Hopefully it's not too late for me to answer the questions you sent!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  3. EEEP It's so cool that you did this too! I loved the interview :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I practically squealed when I saw that you did this! :D

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed reading the interview!!! I can also relate the most to Emma. I'm shy and I love staying in my room most of the time. Now I'm really interested in the mini-series!! thank you so much!!

    - CREESIAN SKEEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super cool because a lot of girls in the blogging community are very much like each other. While we do have some extroverts, many of us do like to wind down after busy days in our rooms. xD So glad to hear from you, Creesian!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a really intriguing story, I would have to say I am most like Emma.
    Great interview,
    x TargetGirl
    targetgirlonline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so cool! I think I would most resemble Emma. I'm a bookish introvert who likes to hermit... XD
    ~Samantha, https://redheadwithabook.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, this sounds so cool, Abigail! I might have to go check it out now that you've mentioned it - thanks!

    Also, I tagged you - no pressure on you to do it, but here 'tis ...

    http://scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com/2017/04/the-sunshine-blogger-award-x2.html

    ~ Savannah
    scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Abigail Lennah