14 June 2016

Travel Journal 2016: Flowers, Soda & (Actually) Finding Dory

This photo, which looks very Tumblr-like, was taken by my brother. Photo credits to him.


About several weeks ago, I was fortunate enough to go on a two-week trip to visit relatives of mine who reside in Atlanta, Georgia! I never had a complete taste of the southern urban experience, even though I had visited Orlando two times, as I had mainly ventured in the theme parks of the city. The trip was such a unique and eccletic experience that I'm extremely excited to share with you all!

The first place that I ended up visiting was a place that I had previously traveled to less than two years before: Walt Disney World. It was something that wasn't originally intended to be posted until a week before returning home, when I realized that it was important, making up about fifty percent of the trip. Now, unlike my previous Disney travel experience, only one post will be dedicated to this.
Many things changed since I was previously here!




One of the differences that my family had while traveling to this part of the country was that rather than traveling directly by plane, we ended up driving for six hours straight. Both times, going to and from, my car traveling experience was the same: I would sleep the first two hours of the journey, then awaken and watch the landscape for an additional two hours, then finally listening to my Spotify playlists for the remaining hours.

Unlike in December, my family was able to arrive in time for the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival. All over Epcot, there would be tons of character-themed topiaries, flower beds of nearly every kind of flower one can think of, and vendors selling food just for the occasion. It was actually quite beautiful!











A new stop that we visited was known as Flavors Around the World. In this soda shop, we were able to try different soda samples from different countries around the world, all for free! It was one of the coolest things ever! My favorite drink is Bibo, from South Africa. The flavor is so delectable! The Beverly was the most interesting, alongside Inca Kola-- the former one mentioned is VERY bitter while the other one tasted like pink bubble gum!


A new theme park that my family was fortunate enough to visit was SeaWorld. It was not a place I expected going, but I did have fun going on several rides, such as the Manatee, where a person ends up sitting on a seat which will move so that way you appear to be lying face down. Then, the entire rollercoaster ends up doing several full circles. The good part was that our feet was placed to a point where it would not dangle from the air. The bad part was that the amount of G-forces exerted on the ride were insane.

 Hey look! I found Dory!




One thing which I have to mention is about this one ride involving these penguins. The ride ended up experiencing technical problems, so the employees brought groups in at a time to see their penguin exhibit. Nearly half of the people left immediately because they were not used to the "extreme" amount of cold, while my brother, dad, and I looked at them and thought, "Phfsht, where we live, we go outside and shorts in this temperature," which is the truth.



The theme park which surprised everyone who was on the trip was Hollywood Studios, because the last time we were there in 2014, we weren't all that impressed. However, a lot of the events were much more enjoyable, including the night show known as Fantasmic.


You have no idea how awkward it was eating Olaf cupcakes while your entire family decides to take out their phones and film you.




Sometimes, I still heavily miss the trip-- my brother and I would spend our mornings watching a channel purely dedicated to Mickey Mouse cartoons in our hotel room, even though we, as teenagers, were both too "old" to watch them.




The last thing that I will have to share with you all: as of now, I am speaking for the entire blogging community when I say that we are praying for you, Orlando. What happened several days ago is a horrible massive event, and the things that were involved are things that people need to be aware of and take action. I haven't felt this shaken up about something this horrific since another event occurred in late 2012. If you're religious, please pray for them, and if you're not, keep them in your thoughts. At times like these, we all have to stand together.

16 comments:

  1. Nice post! I haven't been to any of the Disney Lands in America but they al look amazing especially Epcot.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are able to go to the Disney parks in the US, definitely go. Which reminds me-- I should be contacting you about the blog design!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. Oh, I love Disney!! It's so amazing. I love Fantasmic!! It's my favorite part of Hollywood Studios haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Disney as well-- Fantasmic is definitely a great show, but I can't choose a favorite, because they're all so unique in their own way, you know?

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  3. I love your new layout Morning! Those pictures are gorgeous. Sea World is so fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sarah! <3

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  4. I just went to Disneyworld, too.
    Loved all your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JOOOORDDYYYYY when did you go? It would've been really cool if we were both there at the same time!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  5. Loved your pictures! I went to Atlanta a couple years. I went to the place where you can drink a lot of sodas. Our guide told everyone to drink Beverly which was the best, so everybody drank it. And it was horrible. All the other stuff was pretty good though! :)
    Ellie R.
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the Beverly-- I cringe just remembering how bad it tasted! DX It's been awhile since I've heard from you. How have you been?

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  6. Oh wow! This trip looks like a lot of fun. The different kind of soda's is such a unique idea for a theme part, even if it is just a minor detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trip was fun! I think that besides the soda's being free, they're also just a really fun way to submerge slightly in different cultures, even if it is by just immersing in their beverages. ^.^

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  7. That looks like an awesome trip! I really wanna try those sodas now. I've never been to Disney World before but I have been to the land in Paris which was fun. Beautiful photography by the way!
    - Edie
    Mintyperfections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How's the one in Paris? There are so many neat theme parks in the world, I want to go and explore them all. If you ever get the chance to go to Disney World or Disney Land, go for it! You won't regret it.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  8. All of the bad things that have happened in Orlando in the last week are such tragedies, and the entire city is in my thoughts and my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same. This isn't a time to spread more hate and fear, but a time for loving and healing. It stinks, too-- a friend of mine screenshot a tweet from J.K. Rowling, who ended up posting a photo of a guy who worked at Harry Potter World and was killed. :'(

      xoxo Morning

      Delete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Abigail Lennah