17 April 2016

Recently.


// There are only five weeks left in the school year for me, and my summer schedule has gotten me extremely excited! I will be traveling out of state for two weeks, then once I head back, I will be engaged in a numerous amount of activities. Church conferences and engineering camps are on the plate again over this upcoming season, but there are several new activities I'll be immersed in. Two specifics volunteering at the library and working as a camp help at a residential camp are two of these, although at the moment, the extent my involvement is within these two activities is a somewhat unclear prospect. Lastly, I may be potentially get a summer job, which I won't downright say what it is right away; it involves children, music, and the performing arts building where all of the national Broadway tours come in to perform. It may not sound as flashy or appealing as my internship last year, but to work for a local music group is actually great, because I get to work with music, and I just have a general love for the fine arts.


// Also, I'm thinking about binge watching shows. Both of these shows ended over the course of the past several months, but people have been getting on my case to watch Downton Abbey and Gravity Falls. I know the latter is a Disney cartoon, but many have told that it has a bit of a well-rounded writing style with a mature tone, and honestly, if the show's writing is good with well-agreeable characters, then it doesn't really matter to me if it's considered a "kids" cartoon or not. Over the course of the summer, I won't be seeing some of my friends anymore, because of traveling issues and whatnot, which makes me pretty sad.


// After more than six months, the hard physical copy of the Total Girl Magazine which I had contributed to during my internship arrived in the mail! I'm so glad it came, and now, I officially have at least two writing credits to my name!


// I was recently involved with Grease, the 1972 Original Broadway Version, which had closed a week ago, and if one thinks that having watched the original 1978 movie or the Live! Special does the musical justice, it doesn't-- there are so many well-composed songs within the musical that were in the original, such as "Those Magic Changes," "Mooning," and "It's Raining On Prom Night." One has to admit though, ninety percent of the people were there for "Summer Nights" and of course, "We Go Together." I loved working with everyone in the cast, as it was the longest and most intense production I've been in, despite being in ensemble. When our closing show finished, all of the middle schoolers in our cast (as it was a joint high school - middle school production) started crying, and it took me quite some time to console them. Being a part of the production was slightly the reason why I appeared somewhat incognito to the blogging world, although now that I am rehearsal free, I'll be able to blog more often.


// I'm playing softball for the first time ever this year, and it's somewhat nerve-wracking. Minus the skills needed for the game, such as batting, throwing, and catching, I honestly have no idea what I'm doing. Even at yesterday's practice, I had to ask people what I was doing because I wasn't entirely sure. I'm trying my hardest to observe how the game is played, and I'm slowly getting the hang of it. The one aspect which I need to immensely improve on is throwing at far distances. The ball arches like a rainbow and "kerplops" ten feet away from the other person catching it. Not the best throwing distance idea to be dealing with.

I want to catch up with you all, so tell me, what's going on in your lives? How have you all been? 

18 comments:

  1. I've been pretty good, yeah. I just started a new blog to celebrate my grand return to the blogosphere, so there's that.
    I'm so happy about your internship! And I'm glad that the production went well. I LOVE Grease, and Rizzo is my dream role next to Miss Hannigan from Annie and Roxy Hart from Chicago.
    I hope your softball goes well. With practice you'll get better, don't worry! If it's anything like netball, it'll soon be second-nature to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy, it's been awhile! I love your dream roles-- I could never play roles like that, as they aren't in my type range. I end up being casted for a sweet, ingenue, or a boisterous loud child. Or a boy. And softball has been fun, yes! I actually got the highest batting average out of my entire team, but I still can't throw that far yet.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. Wow! It looks like you have a busy summer on your hands! Good luck! I'm volunteering at my local library this summer too. (!!!) Have a great day, Morning.

    anna | annaish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! You should post about how volunteering at your library goes-- my first shift went quite well, and I'm so pumped for my second one! I only go once a week. ^.^

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  3. Sounds cool! I'm going to Matilda the musical (it's touring round Australia) and have devoted myself to it ;)
    awesomebloggerblack.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky! I'm super sad, Matilda in the US is closing. I was hoping to see it on Broadway, but sadly, that isn't going to be the case. Well, at least it's still on West End and Australia! Tell me how Matilda goes, okay?

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  4. You're trying so many new things and wow that's exciting.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is pretty exciting when you do try new things, after all.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  5. How exciting that you got to participate in a musical! I don't think I have ever seen the original version of Grease, but now you have me all curious. *goes to listen to original music* Your summer certainly looks busy! But this is the best time of life to be pursuing these kinds of opportunities.

    Oh, and your blue ukulele is absolutely awesome. I might be a tiny bit envious. ;)

    Dani xoxo
    a vapor in the wind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my uke so much! I can only play a couple of songs, but it's one of my summer goals to at least go halfway through the songbook that I bought a couple years ago and learn songs from it.

      *listens to original music with you* Summer is the land of opportunity! It's literally the best time of the year.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  6. Your summer job sounds so cool! And oh my gosh, GREASE!!!!!!!! I love that show so much! I'd love to be in it at some point, even just as an ensemble member. It sounds like your life is super busy, but really exciting as well!
    I've been crazed lately, we've had to go out of town a lot, had a bunch of family stuff going on, and I'm in an upcoming musical, which is exciting! Plus, prom is on Thursday, so I can't wait for that haha. XD
    Loved reading this post, Morning!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grease is defintely fun! If you can, try to be in the full two-and-a-half hour version, because the amount of singing and dancing done in those hours is just so vast, even if you're just ensemble! :)

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  7. That Total Girl internship sounded so cool - I'd definitely like to have the chance to do something similar to that, do you think you may continue with journalism and/or acting after you finish school as a job.

    Loved this post (as usual)

    - www.whatlexieloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lexie! Journalism and acting are more hobbies of mine-- I don't think I'm going to pursue them professionally, but I definitely think that I'll be able to contribute to them somewhat, even if it is just some place local.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  8. It's so sad that the original movie for Grease didn't contain some of the best numbers. In the original Broadway version, so many more characters were able to shine. I'm singing Mooning this year, and no one even knows what it's about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ARE YOU SHISH KEBABING ME? "Mooning" is literally one of my favorite numbers ever-- it has some of the best comedic parts!!!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  9. If I was at a Grease concert I'd definitely be there to either see Summer Nights or We Go Together.

    I was wondering if there was any chance you could check out my new post:
    http://unicornsnarwhalsandme.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/filling-empty-hole-on-this-blog-holes.html

    -Ines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel really bad because it's been two months since this comment but I never commented back on your post, even though I did read it then (I know this for a fact because I always read links except for when I'm 99% it's a spammer). I'll still comment on your blog, though!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Abigail Lennah