27 January 2016

Lord of the Rings Movie Marathon!




Hello, everyone! January has been slowly moving along—a lot of the choices that I have made over the month required much of my needed attention and preparation; specifically, the demands of studying and school. Many of the choices I have made are seeds that will launch into full fruition over the course of this entire year, and hopefully, you will be able to see the journey which it will weave!

One of the activities which I had partaken in was attend the Lord of the Rings marathon that my youth group held! It has been awhile since I had attended youth group, and besides, I had never seen the movies or read the books, despite the fact that my family owns The Return of the King. Not only did they bring on the best of the best with the extended editions (and I forgot to bring blankets, because I've been told blankets and couches are needed for marathons), but they also decided to serve all seven hobbit meals—a valiant feat, having to eat nearly 2.33 times more than I usually do.

When it comes to eating, the hobbits sure know how feast well.

Apparently, the hobbits do have six or seven hobbit meals. I’ve been told the book hasn’t been clear on that, but again, the only thing I knew about Lord of the Rings before this event was the remixed music video of Legolas saying, “They’re taking the hobbits to Isengard!”

I must say, that the movies were incredible; I can’t believe that I had not seen this series, at all! Frodo’s got some good friends behind his back, for sure. Samwise Gamgee is, literally, the most loyal friend you would ever want to have—like, he could have gone back to the Shire, but he made a promise and that promise he kept. I cannot express it enough; he’s my favorite character! When the Took brothers were separated, for apparently they’ve never been away from each other before (correct me if I’m wrong) that broke my heart, so much.

They’re something I would love to rewatch! Now, if I can only get my hands on The Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers…


First Breakfast had milk, cheese, and scones.

 Second Breakfast contained French toast, bacon strips, and fruit cuts of strawberries and bananas.

Elevensies consisted of warm apple cider (which seemed a bit too sweet to my liking) and if I remember correctly, another scone. 

For lunch, there was potato soap (the alternative was anchovies soup, but it wasn't that bad) and buttered bread.  

 Yum! Raspberry tea and muffins for (you guessed it) Afternoon Tea!

More milk for Dinner, alongside ranch covered spinach, rice, potatoes, corn, beef, and a deli roll. Yes, I asked about that too, and the volunteers said, "If the hobbits knew about deli rolls, they'd have them for dinner, too." 

Lastly, Shepard's pie for Supper! 

11 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! :') But yay, I'm glad you got to see LotR. Truly incredible feat of cinema. Did you like the books or movies better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I just literally finished reading The Return of the King last night (and three days ago I just finished The Two Towers). That's so crazy though. LOTR has just found itself into everyone's lives, eh? *grins* But oh yes. Sam is totally like me and I adore him. AND MERRY AND PIPPIN. MY BOYS. I cannot wait to hear about when you read or watch the books and movies. :D These books are life, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I just got into Lord of The Rings and I'll have to say I'm hooked!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MERRY AND PIPPIN ARE MY FAVORITES FOREVER

    *whump*

    Also this looks like soooo much funnnnn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for LOTR!!!!! It looks like you had a amazing time, and you've inspired me to host a similar event, complete with the seven meals!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you haven't seen them! Looks like you had fun though.

    hottowncoolgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO MUCH YES YES YES! I'm so glad you've finally experienced the epicness we call Lord of the Rings. Welcome to the club :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY WORD THIS LOOKS LIKE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING IN THE WORLD AND NOW I'M HUNGRY BYE

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a fan of the Hobbit so I've never seen LOTR.

    OMG THAT'S A LOT OF FOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That food looks sooooo good! I've been meaning to get around to reading LOTR, and all that food may very well be the motivation I need :-)

    Love your blog!

    -Asha M.
    aftw.net

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Abigail Lennah