11 January 2016

"Change = Entropy."


I don't know why.

"Change equals entropy," said my biology teacher,
but how much I wish I had learned this fact before,
to soften the pain.

Five different leaves of a single branch,
that's how we all were,
until that one day, when a girl asked,
"Are you two friends?"
Yes.

"No," you said,
and immediately I was shattered.

Little did I know that you would all float away,
but surprisingly cluster together.
My heart broke a little when I saw
you four together
all on the bottom footsteps of the stairs
laughing at who knows what
a small similarity that you all had
tossed away
into the wind
and I, myself, am a leaf floating away.

My love for your four never ceases to grow
yet those "what ifs" tend to mock me.
What if I spent more time,
what if I went to the same parties,
what if -- no.

I am the broken Melody of soft tunes,
and you each are the harmonies
picking up my shortcomings.

This is how it has always been.

And while I may be hurt, I am happy
that you found solace in one another
and here I stay, I shall always have 
great love and regards for you.

But for now, 
farewell my dears.

Goodbye puck, map, fish, and pi.

---

Welcome, 2016! I've been wanting to introduce a life update post. However, life has been rather mundane, while other parts have been to good to be true, thus the reason for this one poem which sort of ties with Watch, but it is more of a standalone. 

22 comments:

  1. Gorgeousness <3 I hate when that happens. I also hate when all the people you want to be friends with are suddenly friends with each other, which makes you feel even worse about yourself.
    Oh, and btw, love the new header!

    - Ellie
    http://ontheothersideofrealitynew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3 This poem isn't necessarily based on personal experience, but yeah, it does hurt, making your heart just feel broke </3

      Loving the new header, huh? Yeah-- I love how the look is just a little wild and fun.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. mm, baby. this makes my heart hurt. but i have to say, wonderfully written. i can relate to it. *hugs*

    p.s. i'm loving the new look. i snooped around a little and it's super nice. <3 i cannot wait to see the finished design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cally, thank you so much. Lately, life has literally been making me trip into puddles of poetry, and thus I've been inspired to do this poem. Perhaps poems are just a touch granted by this teenage blogger aesthetic? :D

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  3. Oh oh oh. i don't really know how to get this out of my bloodstream. maybe because it was there the whole time? God is good, darling. love you bunches. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is truly good. ♥♥♥

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  4. This is so poignant and so, so beautiful. This hurts but it's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, how sometimes the most beautiful, raw things come from the hardest pains. Thank you for your kind words, Grace. :)

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  5. eyyy darling, this resounds so strongly in my heart and i'm just ugh i know, i know <3
    you are incredible. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Elisabeth. Judging from all of the comments (and there are a good number of some) losing friends is a subject that people can definitely relate to, and at the beginning of this year, I just felt compelled to post it, despite how much raw emotion is in it.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  6. I feel sorry for you, yet the writing was amazing. Even if your friends are gone, at least all us fans will be there to support you. Stay strong xxx
    http://awesomebloggerblack.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mia. You're the best. ^.^

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  7. aaah yes. i relate to this too much. it's so beautiful, morning. i love this so much <3
    you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know who is even more amazing? You, Autumn. <3 <3 <3

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  8. Wow =( This is... really touching. And sad. Lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad poems are the teenage girl blogger aesthetic. XD Thank you; I'll stop by your blog when I have the chance!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  9. Beautiful! Lovely! It hurts, but yet, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saanvi, thank you so much! <3

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  10. aw. I love this. I mean really. If I wasn't in public right now I would probably cry while reading it. xoxo
    Sophia
    theteentrepreneur.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH my gosh, Sophia, thank you <3 I totally forgot to subscribe to your new blog; I have to go do that right now!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  11. Oh my gosh, I love this so much!! You have such a gift with words. You make it sound so poetic, but so relatable at the same time. This poem is sad, but it's honest; it's raw and it's you.
    Looking forward to reading more of your writing :)
    <3/ Audrey
    simplyaudrey89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Audrey. I don't know exactly what made me write the poem, but I did, and I shared it, and despite how much raw emotion was in it and how much it hurt to write it, I'm glad I did. :) I'll be sure to stop by your blog soon!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Abigail Lennah