02 October 2015

A Candlelit Birthday



Hello, hello, good friends! I am now back from a bit of an unintended temporary absent leave from the blogging world.

Thank you, first off, for all your comments in the previous post; reading these, along with replying to design order requests and commenting on other blogs during my spare moments of the day have been the only way I have kept "in touch" with the blogging world. Life still isn't the greatest, but it has improved to some degree—I guess it’s like they say at rehearsal and what I have taped onto my theatre binder: When something goes wrong in your life, just yell, “plot twist!” and move on. And, of course, don’t forget to be singing through life. Thank goodness that in rehearsal, no one judges for spontaneous singing.

This exact photo is on my binder. Credits

That said, I had recently ended up celebrating my birthday! I’m not saying what my birthday is—you may guess it right, you may guess it wrong, but my age is one of those things that I won’t reveal, but of course, many of you are aware that I am old enough to enter school competitions at the high school level.

The day of my birthday, all the teachers of the entire school were having a quick ten minute meeting in the library. Of course, this aggravated me a bit because the library is one of my only places of solace in the middle of my hectic schedule, so I sat outside near the benches, and once the teachers came out, I—in all my four feet, eleven inches—pushed passed the teachers, who are all about five feet and seven inches, into the doors.

Caged Graves is one of the best historical fiction books I have ever read in a long time. 
Yes, there is a love triangle but it's one that isn't annoying!

My two teachers from the previous year ended up giving me this peculiar look as I, in return, stormed inside. I tried hard not to crack up in their presence. Awkward expressions just crack me up sometimes.

The day of my birthday, it was flooded with food. Except my giftwrapped locker, all of my presents were food. I baked brownies the day before. My best friend gave me a cake slice which I still haven’t even eaten yet.


Fourth period, in choir, what was on the agenda of things to do? There were only two things: Eat food... and sing on the karaoke machine.


After lunch period, what happened? LUNCH = MORE FOOD.


Fifth period? I had to eat grapes, full of seeds, and it took twice as long as I would have liked while I failed inconspicuously to hide I was spitting out the seeds into a paper napkin.

Sixth hour, what occurred in the final class of the day? Several people decided to go order pizza and had it delivered to our classroom. The pineapples distracted my friend and I from reading our pages of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.


After rehearsal, my parents decided to buy pizza and chocolate pretzels for the cast, which the director had agreed to beforehand. 

May I raise my hand and just say, I am tired of eating so much food? Is that a bad thing to confess?


The following day, my family went to go to the movies. While my parents went to go watch The Intern, my brother and I took our grandmother to go see The Scorch Trials, which, I must say, is nothing like the book and rather, mixes up several of the plots of both the second and third novels. If the directors are changing so much, can I just say to change up the ending of some plot points that did occur in The Death Cure? For example, my ship ended up sinking and one of my favorite characters dies. There has to be a reason why the final movie installment won’t be coming out until 2017, if I remember correctly.

The day and date are blurred out in order to keep my birthday private... I liked this one better than the first, and it's surprising: my grandma despises horror scenes, but she sat down all the way through this movie.

I won’t say much more fangirl related items except for these three: The Fever Code. The 5th Wave. Kung Fu Panda 3. If you wish to discuss these with me, then please tell me in the comments, and we shall fangirl to our hearts’ content.

Before the movies though, I went to musical theatre class, and can I just say: if I had to place where my acting stood compared to where my acting ability was two years ago, it’s definitely improved in the comedy department—a lot of my choices for improv scenes are very comedic-eccentric, like when I was improvising a solo scene where one of the things I did was trying to wrestle a mini golf plastic flamingo from a sleeping five-year-old’s grasp. I am very proud of this scene.

Reading the book adaptation of the production I'm in, The Phantom Tollbooth. I'm singing a lot more than I expected, seeing that the singing part of my audition was filled with nerves. I haven't been posting as many photos as I would like because my director is all about respecting privacy, and that's understandable.

That’s all I have for today! Up next—I am serious about this, for sure—a topic in which I will tackle in depth. More to come on that.

40 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! :D I hope you had a good...MORNING *wink*. Your photographs are gorgeous, especially the ones with food! Because we can never have enough food. I'm sorry to hear that your life's been so hectic, hope the blogging break helps! I'll miss your posts but breaks are totally worth it—I would know, I just got back from mine. Hope the cake was nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, I saw what you did there! I love puns! :D The cake was nice! ^.^ I'm two weeks back from my blogging absence (again) and then, depending on what is decided this week, I will end up probably being gone for most of November and a part of December-- I'll be updating so much better than what I've been doing lately, though!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday, girlie! Glad you had a good day. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne! :D I feel bad I haven't sent you an email about critiquing... I'll have to send it after November, only because of NaNo. ^.^

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  3. EEE HAPPPY BIRTHDAY MORNINGGG!!! It's funny being older because you hardly notice you've changed, but when you look a year back, you see how much you have. Oh man. And all of that sounds lovely! Especially the food. ;-) But I don't blame you for getting tired of it. XD Also, The Phantom Tollbooth was an amazing book....I just kinda...sorta...forgot what it was about. I remember things in feelings! Don't blame me! But I should totally get it from the library and reread it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CALLY MY DEAR I LOVE YOU SO SO MUCH!!!! Like, I've looked back from last year, and around this time, I would have been fretting over the fact that all of my hopes were crushed, big time, and then my blog, for awhile, went silent... The Phantom Tollbooth is such a great book. The production is different from the book, but I'm sad that our closing show was yesterday... :'(

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday Morning, I hope you had a great time! The photos = wow, particular number 1 and 8!!!

    - www.whatlexieloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lexie, thank you so much! :D

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday!! (our birthdays must be very close!) And that first pictures is especially amazing!!

    xoxo,
    megann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and the picture of the library as well... Love them!

      Delete
    2. Wow, really? When was your birthday? ^.^ The candle photo is my favorite!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday!!! Wow- so much food! Have fun with Phantom Tollbooth!!! That's so much fun:)
    xoxo
    Grace Anne // http://totallygraced.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Grace! There was so much food... my stomach still lurches from thinking about it! The Phantom Tollbooth was so fun-- even though it's been one day since closing, I miss it so much!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  7. Happy birthday, it sounds like you had a wonderful day! I always envy all of your musical theatre involvement ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, thank you so much! It was much better than my birthday from the previous year ^.^ Musical theatre is life! Some people don't like how there is just so much singing, but a tune does help survive the day.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  8. HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAY *throws confetti* *bakes cake* *eats all the cake* oops.

    Lucky, you got a child ticket! (at least, assuming that ticket stub is yours) I'm always having to pay for the adult one and I'm like "so I'm too young to hire, but old enough to charge $3 to $5 extra?" ugh. life.

    But happy birthdayyy! \^o^/ Yay for birthdays! Especially ones filled with food! ^^

    O | Life as a Young Lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OLIVVVIIIAAAA!!! *gets another cake* *offers the entire thing to O*

      No, the child ticket is someone in my family; I actually have to pay for the adult tickets :/ Ugh, I am so with you on jobs! I should be job hunting... but I want to do extra-curriculars for college prep and I have to choose which one I want to do!

      Birthdays are fun! Miss you, O! I know you're on blogging break, but still <3

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  9. Happy birthday!! ^_^
    Also, I just read your about page and realized you're an INFP! I'm an ENFP, so we're practically twins. Almost. Sort of. haha Still, pretty cool. :)
    Fun post! :D

    xx Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! ^.^

      Yay, an ENFP! Most of my friends are split 50-50 between being introverts and extroverts... or are people with NT or SF. I'm so glad to meet another person with the temperament of the Idealist! :D

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  10. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Here's some cake. Did you enjoy it? I made it myself.
    Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU OAKSTAR! You know the reason why I haven't been able to comment lately besides being busy with life? I've been eating your cake. It was so good, I wanted to ration it, but then I finally gave in and ate all of it. XD

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  11. Happy Birthday, Morning! *throws party* *no one comes* kay woops.
    haha, i hope you had a wonderful day! yeah, as much as we people like food, there comes a point when it's just a tad too much :) you baked brownies? See, you have to have some kitchen skill to do that :) i'm sure they were super good. you sound really busy ^_^ i think this is the season when everyone's caught up in their schedules. oh life... that quote is really good!
    - autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Autumn m'dear! I'm so sad no one came to the party you hosted... when your birthday pops up I will try to remember to have a little birthday party over at the comments section of your blog!

      Yes, brownies! It's kind of sad that it's the only thing that I am actually capable of baking-- I once made these cookies, and the recipe said to "churn the butter". I pretty much threw in the butter without actually churning in, two sticks full, and then when I added all of the ingredients in, it took me forever to mash all of butter to be the consistency the mix was supposed to be. >.< Life is totally caught up on us, for sure! I'm just like, "Is it break yet?" Urgh. :P

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  12. Hi Morning! A huge happy belated birthday! I hope you had an amazing day - you deserve it!

    Ps. I just thought I'd let you know that on your second blog 'Designs by Morning' your template page is under construction and says check back August 1st! I was just wandering if you did that a while ago or whether it's August 1st next year? Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Miss Internet! Thank you so much! <3 <3 <3

      xoxo Morning

      P.S. Thank you so much for bringing that up! My templates aren't ready; this school year has me really caught in a whirlpool that I haven't had much time to finish them...

      Delete
  13. Happy birthday! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy belated birthday, love. I'm glad you're blogging again.

    thatladym.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! You're back! Happy birthday!
    Also I am really loving the new design! It's totes fab :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to be back, even if it is just for a couple of days! Thank you! ^.^

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  16. All these food pictures make me hungry! I hope you had a fabulous birthday!
    Also...loving your design :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah, I'm so sorry that I'm making you hungry! O-O XD Thank you so much!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  17. HAPPY BIRTHDAY 😋😋😋😋
    Awesomebloggerblack.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness, looks like you had SUCH a fun time!! Thanks for sharing!! Happy belated birthday :)

    Emily | Lynde Avenue

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Abigail Lennah