17 July 2015

Metro Manila: Introduction





There are many beautiful places in the world. Some are obviously quite scenic and photogenic, like on my last trip in Florida; nearly everything is with a splash of color and vibrancy. The sun is always up, and it seems as if Disney World is as it says, another world. There are other places where, if you look with a shallow eye, it will cause you to remain uninterested because it doesn't seem as appealing. Metro Manila, at first glance, appears to be one of those places.

I stayed there for an entire month, and for the duration of the trip I got to know how everyday Filipinos lived their lives. I rode on their jeeps and tricycles and visited the air-conditioned malls. I dealt with the heavy humid sweat that feels sticky on the skin's surface. About half of the time the metropolis was doused in rain and gray clouds. It's not picture perfect pretty, but if you get past it, you can see what lies behind the surface: millions of faces with plenty of different stories.





What did I do on the trip? In a summarizing sentence, I ended up visiting for a family reunion and completing an internship for the Philippine's largest publishing company, Summit Media, so I can earn school credit. The things that I did and experienced are super cool. 

Yes, I know "cool" can be overused, but it describes what I accomplished on my trip. You will both end up hearing about the reunion and the internship in two separate posts! I'm real excited for you all to read about it, especially something Minions related I was involved in.





It feels good to be back, but honestly, I don't have a lot photos to show you. It's not the easiest place to capture photos when camera shooting is extremely rare, but thievery on the streets is common, if you aren't careful. My camera has survived!

As for how I've been doing since I got back home, I've slowly been recovering, health and sleep wise. I didn't get the best amount of sleep on vacation, and, mingled in with the constant rain, I fell into a bad fever but got rid of all of the symptoms on the last day! 

Note: This is not me. Sorry for the confusion.




I've also been working on some things, blog-wise. I have decided to relaunch my design shop newly branded Designs by Morning, which you can view here. I'm ready to take design orders; I already have two designs on my wait list! It's still slightly under construction so make sure to not into the miniature labyrinth there. Besides that, I am working on a brand new blog design for this blog. I just have to convince my brother to take photos of a few things.

Lastly:
Go wish my friend Christina a happy birthday. Even if it is a bit late. 
Go send blog anniversary wishes to my friend Oakstar. First year blog anniversaries are important!
And when Adelaide and Cally return from camp, go and greet them warmly that it reminds them of a warm peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Or better yet, let's go plan a surprise party for them (hehe).

34 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an amazing time :) Can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! I'm posting the family reunion part on Monday, though! ^.^

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. You have been tagged for something on my blog!! Check it out now!

    pengirl9

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! Okay, I just got back from vacation, so I'm sorry I haven't been able to check that many posts... I can't wait to see it!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you had a wonderful trip! I love all of your photos, and I can't wait for the other posts ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like all of the photos! They are kind of dark not because I intended them to, but because of the rain. Hehe. ^.^

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  4. Awesome pictures, Morning! I can't wait to hear more about your internship! Lol! The minion picture is cute!
    I actually just watched the first Despicable Me! I know I am totally behind the times:) It was a great movie and I can't wait to see # 2 and the Minion movie:D
    Awesome post as usual, Morning! <3
    -Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! :) And it's okay that you are behind back on the times! I'm behind reading so many books and watching TV series... The minions are hilarious in the second movie, but in the spin-off they were okay.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you had an amazing trip, Morning! Those pictures are amazing as always, and that minion picture was adorable.
    Can't wait to hear about this internship of yours, hope it goes well! Brilliant post <£
    (p.s- if you have the time, could you please answer the question on my blog? It would mean so much to me, and if you can that would be awesome!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minions are so cute! I'm currently fangirling over Bob the Minion and his teddy bear. I also answered the question on your blog, and I am in for going on about entering a writing contest!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
    2. Thanks for answering, Morning! The writing competition is actually up and running as of right about.....NOW!
      Thanks, and I really hope you can enter it.

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad your camera didn't get stolen! Pictures are great, even if you feel like you didn't get very many :) Can't wait to hear more about it! also loving your underarmor shirt. :D

    Chloe | Curious Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pictures are great, aren't they? Oh! That's not actually what I look like... I'm not that tall (and I usually do take all of the photos unless they're photos of me, which, if I were allowed to post photos of myself, I would credit whoever did the photo). :DDD Sorry for the misunderstanding!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  7. My name is Sarah from The Joys Of Life I recently found your blog, and it's amazing. I love Manila. I am also a filipina as well! Wonderful pictures by the way. They are so pretty! Check out my blog!

    ~ Sarah : )
    * The Joys Of Life *

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sarah! It's nice to meet you! ^.^ You're Filipina as well? Yay! I usually don't meet that many Filipinos in the blogging community. I'll be sure to check out your link as soon as I reply to all of these comments!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  8. A surprise party! That's actually what I wanted to do for you, but I couldn't get it organized right. Oh, well :P

    Loved this post! Omg an internship that does sound cool! Can't wait to hear all about it, and thank so much for your sweet comment on my blog! ^^

    O | Life as a Young Lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay! It's the effort that counts, right? Besides, parties do tend to freak me out; it often involves me trying to slip away quietly while everyone sings "Happy Birthday". The internship is way cool (I got tons of freebies)! And no problem about the comment. I love greeting others happy birthday (being fifteen is whoop whoop)!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  9. I love Florida sooo much! We've been there like six times and it's still our favourite vacation spot. And you have some amazing photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florida is great, and I miss it, but the Philippines is a unique vacation spot, too!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  10. YESS let's totally do that for Adelaide and Cally. I'm totally in.
    Looks like you had such an amazing time :) I can't wait to hear more about it. Oh well if there aren't a whole lot of photos, if one picture speaks a thousand words, hey, even a few would be plenty ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll contact you about surprising Addy and Cally tomorrow! It's the evening right now. Thank you so much for the reminder of pictures speaking one thousand words. I tend to write so many words I forget! *facepalm*

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  11. Sounds like you had a great time. I love the photos - especially of food. >:) Minions seem to be everywhere these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Minions are totally everywhere-- I don't think my brother or I can watch TV now without bumping to five Minions related commercials. It's crazy!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  12. I love how you can see through things and get to the good stuff. Your outlook on life and where it takes you is wonderful.
    I thoroughly enjoyed these photos and all the words you wrote <3

    -T. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tane. ^.^ There's actually a huge story as to why I have a positive outlook... you'll probably be seeing a post about that in two weeks, the beginning of August!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  13. It sounds like you had a good time! The photos are amazing! You're an amazing photographer! Even though the scenery doesn't look stunning to some people, they still have a sorry behind all of them! To me, the scenery looks nice, but I don't know whether that makes me strange or not! Oh yeah! The surprise party? I'm in! I'm glad you had a good holiday! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had such a fun time, yes! Compared to my vacation life, the mundane-ness of my life is really mellow! Hehe, I don't think the surprise party will be going all that well now... I completely blanked out about doing it. Oh well. Just end up surprising those two (and Hannah Joy; I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT ABOUT HER, *sobs*) when they come back tomorrow!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  14. Again, amazing photos and amazing post. Now my posts seem dull and not interesting, as I don't have such a great vocabulary (English is my second language). You are so lucky to travel so much! And I would love to hear about the internship, sounds so exciting! And I won't miss it as I have succeeded in following you haha:) The blog design thing, this is so awesome! I've been trying to figure out how to make a great design for my blog, but I would love if you could help me with that. Let me know if you'd like. Thank you so much!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, just because English is your second language doesn't mean that your posts aren't interesting; you get to travel to many places in Europe (which I want to visit so bad)! Besides, it comes with tons of experience! I'm still working on your design... I'm contemplating whether to change the color scheme or not, but it'll be done by around Wednesday next week!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  15. Hello! I immediately clicked on the blog post because I grew up in Metro Manila! Seeing people going at my hometown makes me happy! I hope you had a good time!

    Katrina
    katrinawrites07.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Katrina! It's nice hearing from a fellow Filipina blogger! :D I did! It was a lovely vacation!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  16. That internship sounds amazing. I'm so envious you had that chance. Hopefully it was an amazing experience. And those photos are so beautiful. I love the one with the fish. All those lines and silver and details. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interning was an amazing experience (I miss it so much)! The fish there are so surreal with the depth of their lines, I agree! I didn't take this in an outdoor market, sadly to say; the photo was taken in a grocery store there. ^-^

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  17. Enjoyed all the photos. That is a neat-looking church!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Abigail Lennah