19 June 2015

Life Stories


----

Looking back, I wasn't sure why I wanted the period to be over, but I did. My rather weird language arts teacher for the year kept raving onto the seniors of the daily news of the class.

"Beth is doing something, and so is Ben, and oh, look, everyone! Morning's looking at the clock." I turn away, embarrassed that I would be called out for doing such a thing.

----

"Why are you wearing a superhero shirt?" The King of The Three Musketeers asked, eyeing me curiously.

"Me?" I lookeed down at my outfit: black boots, jeans, and a navy blue t-shirt depicting the major characters of Justice League which was a bit too big on me. "Oh, right. It was Super Hero day at school. I didn't really have anything to wear... So I had to borrow my brother's shirt," I muttered the last bit to myself.

"I'm not into superheroes or anything. I'm actually quite mature for my age," our lead stated as to me and another cast member, the King, he climbed off from the heat ventilators. It was one of our first rehearsals. My parents had other places to be, so they dropped me off thirty minutes early leaving me with a bunch of boys in the cast. Except for them and the director, no one else was present.

It's extremely important to get along with all of your cast, to the best of your ability. The production goes on for about two months, and it would either be two months of ease or drama caused friction. I give a small grin, "Yeah, okay."

The two other boys present, Athos and Rochefort, stood over, gazing at the golden flag pole of the elementary school's cafeteria canteen. D'artagnan, the King, and I made our way over. I'm felt pretty confident about getting along with them at this point; we were a more older cast. Getting along would be cake. 

"What are you doing?"

Athos stared at me. "Don't talk; we must all communicate in the ways of interpretive dancing." My brain goes off with a click of disbelief, but I do not argue. Immediately the five of us begin to act like noodles being twirled onto chopsticks and contorting our bodies with the weirdest angles possible until the girl playing the Bartender showed up, appearing scared and a bit amused as to what we're doing.

----

My friend Brynn was arguing ferociously with a junior as I passed by the set of ROTC lockers near my first period class. "Well, I'll let you know that this is my body guard," she sneers at the junior. She pulls me towards her locker and right to face the junior.

"Um, Brynn? I don't know what you're... I'm barely five foot... I don't know what to--"

"Oh yeah? Well, this is my body guard!" The junior pulls her friend to face me, a six foot tall guy wearing a light blue shirt. I look up at him, he looks down at me.

"Um," I say, after several seconds of passing confusion, "Hi."

A moment of awkward silence. "Hi."

----

In biology, everyone was told to take observations on the recent yeast bottle lab experiment that had unfolded several days back. My partner was absent (again), so I sat, prying to open up the container lids.

"Okay, the five sense." My notes were lined up in a messy fashion. I frivolously wrote down my observations. "Bottle number one opens up with a medium volume hiss lasting about four second. There is a rough light brown texture sticking to the bottom while the rest is all liquid in a darker shade.

"Smell... Hmm... It smells like," I exclaimed, perhaps a bit too loudly, "sugar farts!" Satisfied, I happily jotted that down onto my notes.

My biology teacher gave me an incredulous look. "Sugar farts? Sugar farts? Do you know how ridiculous you sound? It's like that time when you thought a Labrador dog looked like a unicorn." I look away sheepishly. My red-headed friend who sat behind me, started to laugh extremely loud.

----

The Purple Crayon**,  a Monologue

Me: "I... I broke your purple crayon! I'm sorry!"
Friend: *gasps* "Not the purple crayon!"
Me: "I said I'm sorry!"
Friend: "You could have broken the green crayon, or the blue crayon, but no, it had to be the purple one!"
Me: "Why?"
Friend: "BECAUSE PURPLE IS MY FAVORITE COLOR!"
Me: ...

**That day, the two of us were acting very mature as we colored for a Greek urn project. Note the sarcasm there.

----

The first day of finals came about. I approached the library with a small folder in one hand and a quarter grasped onto another. The printer at my house was running low on ink once again.

My job was simple: I go into the library quietly, print out what I needed, pay the fee, then walk out. Like all "simple" plans, they have a tendency to backfire.

"This door won't open!" I knocked on the glass door and peered into the room. AP testing was going to begin in less then twenty minutes, but I had to appear in my first hour for my Algebra II final. 

The librarian called out to me, "Turn and push the door!" At least, that's what I thought I heard

"What?"

"Turn and push the door!"

"I am!" Both of my hands are on the door handle at this point, struggling to push the door open. A fit of cough erupted. I took out a cough drop  from a small bag that I carried. I was feeling sore, tired, and grouchy from my cold. Why would a door have handles if all one needed to do was push it open! "Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's locked!"

"No it's not. Turn and pull the door!"

I must have misheard her wrong the first several times, because after doing as she said, the door clicked open. My feet barged myself into the room. Except for one other person, a girl from my book competition team, the library was silent. "I feel really dumb," I told the librarian.

"Did you even read the handles? It said, 'Pull'!"

"... Umm.... No."

----

"That is such a cute little bird!" I said to myself. The summer season was always a great time of gardening and for wildlife to take a brief moment of refuge in the backyard. The bird faces outwards to our yard with his end sticking in. 

"Wait a minute." I grabbed my camera and zoomed up onto the creature. "Is the bird pooping into our yard?"

----


By the time you will have read this, I will be gone over the next several weeks to go onto vacation at the other side of the planet. If you have been reading for quite some time now and know where I am from, you may now what my ethnicity is which may help you a bit. I've prepared myself for this trip to such an extend that when I come back, I will have amazing things to blog about.

Not to worry, though! I've planned several posts which will pop up over the course of the time, including two guest posts by the two who will moderate my blog when I am gone. Be nice to the two of them; after all, they will be watching over for a month!

My wifi at the place I am staying at is very much iffy, and at most, I will only be able to connect to the actual internet for about an hour-- which then I will be replying to small emails and keeping in touch with some people in the town that I live in. That means I won't be able to reply to comments.

In exchange for giving that up, I have set up an Instagram account which will hold recordings of what I am doing-- a little photo blog, if you will. It's located on the sidebar. No, it isn't my personal Instagram, but it's close enough for you to see what I am up to while I can't post much. 

I'll be back around July 14th, up and running but exhausted from the flight. I will most definitely be glad to see you all (if you all work together and do some kind of surprise post party thingy for me when I'm home, I will faint of a heart attack) when I get back. Bye for now!

33 comments:

  1. awesome! love the idea of the life moments thing. i really enjoyed this post; it was very entertaining and lovely to read. also, have a great vacation! funny, i'll also be halfway across the world from my home on vacation until mid-julyish ;)

    xxx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, how was your trip? ;) I know I'm super late reply to comments but thank you so much! I haven't had much moments like those happen but I'm sure as the school year passes tiny things like that will start to accumulate. ^.^

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. i love reading your posts!
    check out my blog at http://awesomebloggerblack.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me laugh :) Have a great trip! I hope you get to do everything you want to and make heaps of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow, look at those memories! These are actually hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know, right? I was cracking up while writing these, because it was like I was reliving them and they're all good times. :)

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  5. This post was hysterical xD Hope that you have a wonderful trip!
    xoxo
    Grace Anne
    http://totallygraced.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it, Grace! Thank you <3

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  6. Oh this was such a neat post idea, and executed so well, too! You do such a great job of capturing little hilarious snapshots for us. Have a lovely time on your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Christina! I didn't want to recap the school year, so this was a substitute for it-- and it's much more enjoyable! :)

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  7. This made me laugh so much! It's so funny looking back at old memories and thinking "why did I do that??" Etc. I could relate so much to the purple crayon thing!

    Me - *humming whilst happily colouring and then... SNAP! The pink pencil broke into two pieces! Friend walks over*

    Friend - Hi! How's your drawing going? It looks pre- why is your face so red!?

    Me - I, I'm, er, *tries to get it over and done with so says it really quickly* I BROKE THE PINK PENCIL! I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SORRY!

    Friend - *gasps* NOOOOOOOOOOOO! You, you, broke it! Why did have to be the
    Pink one?! Why did you do this!!?

    Me - Gosh! I said sorry!

    *friend tries to break my orange pencil but I grab it from her*

    Later on..

    *I'm happily chatting to my friend but... She's ignoring me!*

    Me - YOU'RE SO MEAN! *runs off sobbing*

    ---

    Ha ha!
    I loved this post Morning, HILARIOUS!

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we think back to our mindsets from a situation that we thought, "Why did we do that?", we think that we were just weird back then... But I think to some degree we all end up thinking the same as that time even by a tiny fraction. Your pink pencil story with your friend is so funny! XD

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  8. that's so awesome you're on vacation ^-^ Have fun and I hope you have the best time evah while you're there :)
    these stories were so amazing xD

    ReplyDelete
  9. GUYS WE SHOULD SO DO THE SURPRISE POST PARTY WHO'S WITH ME

    O | Life as a Young Lady

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this post! You're such a talented writer :).

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! To convey situations that we have experienced in real life into a story can be much more difficult than making something up, but I'm happy to see that many think that this post's execution went well!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  11. I love this, it made me laugh! WE SHOULD DO THAT PARTY THING GUYS!

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AGH YOU GUYS PLANNED A PARTY THIG I AM MINDBLOWN. LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH <3 <3 <3

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  12. This is awesome, Morning! <3 I love the crayon one! :) Have a great vacation!
    -Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you, Clara! I love the crayon one, too, but to choose a favorite out of all of these would be so hard! XD

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  13. I hope you have a wonderful trip! And I love the way you captured all of these little moments ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This was a bit experimental, to sub in for my usual last day of school post recap, but this was much more enjoyable. ^.^

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  14. You rock your honest awkward, Abby!!!! I love it XD

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is awesome! It definitely made me laugh. :) Especially the one where your parents dropped you off for rehearsal. I have no idea what I would've have done in that situation. But it sounds like the stuff of books. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rehearsal one is the one that cracks me up the most, out of all of these, because like you, I had no idea what I would have done in that situation except to spontaneously to with the flow. XD

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  16. I really really love this!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Abigail Lennah