03 May 2015

May's Sun Rays

May has been great so far!

The last several weeks of school are wrapping up, and my days are either a success or undergo through a crash-and-burn process. Algebra II and Biology, my two most difficult subjects, are two major factors as to why I have such grumpy days — I'm striving to get A's in both of those classes by the end of the semester, and I am studying like crazy to achieve that! I rarely have time to even read anymore, which is such a pity.


Two friends of mine and I laughed at this sign!

This last week of April I ended up going on a field trip to see an old eighties movie at the one of the movie theaters in town that manage to give a twist. Instead of popcorn being the main delicacy for the movie, it is pizza that is bought when you go to watch a movie. These aren't just your average store or brand bought, five dollar pizzas; these pizzas were made by its sister store that has some of the best food in my town. The movie itself wasn't memorable, but every single comedical interaction pretty much described all the awkwardness that clumsy teenagers carry.


The following day after the field trip, I went to the doctor's. I won't elaborate what happened there, but all I will say is this: nothing bad is going to happen to me!



The first day of May was quite a festive day. Everyone was wearing their spirit colors and preparing for the festival that came right after school. In choir we were nearly all dressed fully and sad when we had to say goodbye to the intern teacher who taught for about a semester. To handle a class that carries such drama and still like us in the end, as one person said, is amazing. I applaud and respect intern teachers, which I am lucky to have been taught by many intern teachers since the beginning of middle school, for being able to deal with the concentrations of sass and backlashes and still be happy.

There is an assembly that happens before the festival after school. Apparently there is a tradition at my school where the upperclassmen take the seats of the class above them. So, for example, if you were a junior, you would, at the end of the assembly, run wildly and take the seniors' seats. (I am, by the way, not a senior.) When it came for my class's time to go and "cross-over", we all walked cheering. I'm not much of a fan of school spirit weeks, but hey, they only happen every once in a while! Might as well take the chance, right? I'll have to remember that for next year!


(Note: the person above is not me. I have not dyed the ends of my hair.)

Track and field—I am so sad that I wasn’t able to bring my camera, but I got third place! Usually I get about fifth or sixth out of eight, but today, I managed to catch up to almost all of the girls and overtake them. Yes! Thank you to my coach who insisted for me to be working on block starts all week!

To be honest, I didn't have a great start to this week, in fact, the week began off wading in last week's troubles and trying to dry myself clean. I could have awoken up to every single day of this week feeling all horrible and saying, "Today is going to go bad." But what kind of mindset would that be? In class, the reading assigned, Enchiridion of Epictetus, often speaks of the "life rules", as the reading acts as a sort of how-to-live-a-great-and-meaningful-life guide, talks about so much mindset. I want to be surrounded in positive, and even when times of day look bad, I need to stay positive. Thinking positively will end up bringing good vibes for the weekend.

Scroll past the spider if you are terrified of them.

Thank you to all the comments that I have received in last week’s post, “Balancing the Good and the Bad.” I’ve really loved hearing that you all have bad days, too. They stink, but at least we aren't all alone! If I don’t post twice a week for the next two weeks it is because I will be studying for finals and I will be attending photo shoots with friends in which we use Nerf Guns and climb aboard the monkey bars. (We are very mature; we're just pretty childish at heart.) This is it, folks; the reunion is actually going to happen! Perhaps this cheeriness has got to be coming from the happy May sun rays.

41 comments:

  1. Congratulations on placing third for track!! Sounds like you had an exciting week! And the pizza looks delicious :D

    ❤ Blaze Ann
    www.p31beauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have had an interesting week! Things are going to get a lot more interesting once I go to watch Avengers: Age of Ultron, perform at a recital, and LARP at a birthday party, and these are only small things that are happening this week. Eeep!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you had a good week! That pizza looks so amazing! A big well done and a congratulations for placing third in track! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miss Internet! How was your field trip? (Wait; I need to read that post on your blog...)

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
    2. It was amazing! My friend Abbie did a post on it on her blog! Xoxo

      Delete
    3. Oh, oops, it's actually Abbie's! Haha, I don't know, I always get you, Abbie, and Alice all mixed up... I don't know why!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
    4. Ha ha it's alright! You should go check out her post to find out about it! Xoxo

      Delete
  3. That sounded like a fun week! I agree with Miss Internet, that pizza does look amazing! Lovely job in track!
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily! ^.^ I enjoyed myself this week. The last three weeks of school are the most intense and most interesting and most fun, for me (except when it comes to finals)!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  4. Congrats on track! :) That movie theatre sounds very cool.

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movie theater is quite cool, Ellie! Very much different compared to any pizza or movie theater place that I have visited in town.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  5. Food. Foooooood. I am so hungry now. XD Where'd you get that amazing looking sandwich and fries?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry I made you hungry! The hospital which I had to visit has such an amazing cafeteria; you can watch them make the food for you after you place your order. It's so fun! ^.^

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  6. Wooooooooooooooooooooo! I love it. Also Jess' comment. XDD

    I HOPE YOU HAVE FUN, MORNINGGGG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Food is the number one thing that can make all of us teenagers pretty much arise from whatever we're doing.

      MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  7. PIZZA ♥

    Wow. Sounds like you're juggling a full schedule! But it all sounds super fun and great. I can't believe this is my last month in school for this grade. Wow.


    xD Yes...I'm afraid I had to shriek and scroll down past the spider quite rapidly ^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pizza is the food to the soul, am I right? One person in my math class despises pizza and I'm all like, "How can you despise pizza?" This school year has gone by so fast; literally I remember typing up last year's post about We the People and those jumping photos and the Nutella smiley face.

      I'm sorry that I scared you with the spider! It was the weekend and after catching up on my shows (which I was behind by about ten episodes each) and studying for finals, I got really bored, so I decided to go and hunt for insects and take photos. They are really hard subjects to capture but you can take photos of them and co-exist.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Me too! I'm not as pumped for summer as last year, to a degree, because I am going to be gone for awhile, but still, super excited! Summer vibes!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  9. This is such a great post, I love all of your photos! And it's great that you had a good month so far ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am quite glad this month's going quite well. May usually picks up well!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  10. Congradulations! That's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning, I've been holding this back, but I can't anymore.
    I'm...really disappointed in you. Extremely. Okay? You can do better than that...




    ...I mean, that pizza looks like. AMAZING. And you DID NOT BUY A TICKET FOR ME TO FLY FROM SOUTH AFRICA TO WHERE YOU ARE.
    Ugh.


    Oh. And. Yeah. I'm coming back again to read your blog again and again. Cause it's just as awesome as pizza is. (Huge. That's huge.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: For goodness sake. You could have saved me some and met me at the airport with it.

      Delete
    2. I am so sorry. *goes cries in the corner* I do not have the TARDIS or the Hogwarts Express to take my to South Africa. There's only normal transportation of airplanes, and traveling normally... you have to travel in style! Um, maybe I can send an owl or send you the pizza over the internet. Next time I have pizza I will totally remember!

      *sends Tane pizza through computer*

      Yay! I'm so glad!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  12. GURL! Congrats on getting third place!! And, um, I think I really need that theater in my life. o.O That's wayyyyy better then cold popcorn.
    Awww, girl, we ALL have sucky starts to our week so I totally understand. Sounds like you've been finishing on a more positive note, though! So yay! :)

    Chloe | Curious Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Popcorn is good, but it's so buttery and crunchy some times. I remember my dad accidentally broke a tooth watching Kung Fu Panda 2 because he was eating stale popcorn and laughing too hard. I can't wait for the end of the week; finally watching Age of Ultron (I shall fangirl with you once I see the movie!), performing at a recital, and LARPing.

      Now excuse me. I need to go find Nerf guns and war paint in order to prepare for the Arena. 24 tributes enter the ring but only one can survive. ^.^

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  13. This post was awesome! I have to agree with everyone who mentioned food....now I'm hungry. It doesn't help that this morning I had to skip breakfast because I had a chiropractor appointment I almost forgot about and so I had to rush around and therefore skip breakfast (and it's not quite lunchtime waaa). Anyway. Thanks for making me thoroughly hungry. ;-)

    You are also an awesome photographer! I'm so jealous of your talents. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know. It's evening here where I live and I just ate dinner and yet I am craving pizza! >.< You should definitely go and eat something (skipping breakfast stinks! If I miss breakfast I get extremely cranky). And gosh, thank you! It means a lot to me that you think well of my photography skills! ^.^

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  14. Wow. Your food looks so GOOD. Haha thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm craving it right now... *thinks back to a week ago*

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  15. Mmmm! That pizza looks delicious! Looks like you have been staying busy and having fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very scrumptious, yes! More fun is coming up... I just have to get to the weekend!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  16. Sounds like a busy month for you already. Pizza at the movies is such an amazing idea. More places should take up that idea. Congratulations on doing so well in track and field. It's always such a great feeling when the hard work pays off, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More places should take on the idea! I know that popcorn will always be the universal, number one movie snack but sometimes it would be nice to shake things up! And ah, track meet... I have to qualify for regions next week and I'm afraid I am rather in a nervous wreck!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  17. "wading in last week's troubles and trying to dry myself clean" has to be my favorite line from this post. I can relate to it well, and it's just so poetic! I just adore your writing!
    Very nice post, and congrats on third place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you're too sweet! I wish that I had poetry skills, but I tend to lack it. Thank you! I just realized that your blogging isnt popping in my feed (GAH, I'M NOT FOLLOWING YOUR BLOG!) but I'll be sure to change that!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Abigail Lennah