18 March 2015

The Literature Photo Tag!

Hello! I have teamed up and collaborated with the extraordinary O from Life as a Young Lady to create a tag that was different and and added a little bit of spice to the blogosphere. I'm not the one who does tags as often anymore, but I was thrilled to do this. After several the past several weeks, we are finally proud to present to you the one and only Literature Photo Tag! Dun-da-dah-dun! It's pretty great, huh?


The tag works like this: 
+ Post your photos with original tag graphic
+ There are eight prompts. All of these prompts are inspired by books, many which the two of us are sure you have heard of. Take a photo that corresponds to the prompts.
+ Tag at least 3 bloggers! Spread the love! And don't be afraid; feel free to add extra prompts for the people you tag!

Here are my photos!

"to Narnia" (Chronicles of Narnia) - picture of a closet or door

Let me just point out that all of the doors in my house are rather in awkward positions. They are found in clusters in hallways and are often far away from natural lighting. Sometimes, I honestly think that all of my doors are at an angle -- or that may be the way that I walk, as I tend to walk sideways with my binder dragging me down.

"Anaklusmos/Riptide" (Percy Jackson and the Olympians) - picture of a pen

This pen has been with me since January of last year. I still remember buying this on the day of parent-teacher conferences. My friends and I were fangirling over the cuteness of these pens and I just couldn't help but get one for myself. 

"to seek a great perhaps" (Looking for Alaska) - picture of a map

I still have a map of the Manhattan subway system from my trip in 2012, way before I started blogging.

"a place just for us" (Bridge to Terabithia) - picture of the place you read

I read in my room because the infamous windowsill which is the site behind my blog's URL is taken over my the loud noises blaring from the living room television screen. This is the not the same windowsill, but I do love looking out at it.

"Green Eggs and Ham" (Green Eggs and Ham) -- a photo of your least/most favorite food

My mom brings sometimes brings home these amazing chicken pesto calzones from her work for my brother and I to gorge on. They also come with marinara sauce. I am craving for one right now, and news flash: I just ate!

"Mr. Browne's Precepts" (Wonder) -- a handwritten quote/saying you live by

If you wonder who R.E. is, it's Ralph Emerson. I found this quote because I am subscribed to Goodreads' Quote of the Day. It describes the whole self-actualization thing, in a sense, and I guess I am at that stage in my life where I'm trying to find out who I am and what's going to happen once I graduate high school.

"The Silver Shoes" (The Wizard of Oz) -- favorite pair of shoes

Sometimes, whenever the topic of clothes or shoes come up I often try to pry myself away from that topic. I don't give much thought into clothes. I have several styles which I love wearing, but other than that I don't give much thought into my outfit. These shoes help me look much taller than I actually am, and I'm not afraid to run in them.

"Time Traveling" (When You Reach Me) -- photo of a memory

I don't exactly have a photo of a memory that I can share with you, to be honest, because most of the photos that my parents have on their camera memory cards are posed photos of my brother and I. Instead, I found an old movie ticket from when my parents took my family out to watch Voyage of the Dawn Treader when it came out in 2010. Yay!


Megann from The Bright Side
Miss Internet from Miss Internet 
And anyone else who would like to do this!

If you do this tag, please post links to your posts! I would love to see how you tagged people have responded to the prompts. O hasn't posted her post yet, but be sure to check it out when she does, at Life as a Young Lady!


29 comments:

  1. Thank you for tagging me! I will get on that tonight! It's sounds fun! Have a great day! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'll be sure to check out your blog for the post! Can't wait to read it! :P

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. Looks fun, Morning! Ooh! You have The Book Thief in your stack of books! Favorite book<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Clara! I had tons of fun doing this. And yes, I have the Book Thief, but I haven't gotten around to reading it. I really should...

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  3. This is such an interesting tag.
    I love those shoes for Wizard of Oz :)

    -nymisha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nymisha! The shoes are great, aren't they?

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  4. Thanks for tagging me! But I'm confused... (probably just cuz my brain is dead :p ) Could you re-explain this to a brain-dead person? lol - Thanks :)

    xo,
    megann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, yeah, sure! My brain has been dead, mainly because while I was trying on the uniforms for track and field someone much taller than me accidentally hit her elbow on my head. Basically, see the captions under the photos? It pretty much tells you what the prompt is and what exactly you are supposed to take the photo of. When you do the tag, you also have to use the original tag graphic (the first picture of this post) AND you must tag at least three people. You can also add more prompts, if you wish! That's pretty much how I can explain it (I'm bad at explaining things...)

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
    2. Ohhhhhhhhh.... lol - thanks a bunch! Hope your head feels better soon!!

      xo,
      megann

      Delete
    3. Thanks! :P Can't wait to see what you post for the tag!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  5. Fun idea, and neat collection of photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you very much, Bethany!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  6. This is a fun idea, and I especially like the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had a better camera to deal with for the photos, but well, at least I had fun!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  7. OMG, this is an awesome tag! I love this idea, it's utter genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Oakstar! Feel free to do it, if you want!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  8. What an interesting idea! I want to do this now <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should, Jordy! If you do I will be sure to see and comment on the post!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  9. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! And, this tag is fantastic :)

    amelie // contented perfectionist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I can't wait to see what you post for the prompts! Yay!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  10. Hi I've tagged you for 'Learn to love yourself' tag details on my blog
    onlinemissy.blogspot.com

    we are all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all totally are fabulous! I will go and see this tag-- very interesting!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  11. This is an interesting tag. And that quote is beautiful. My favourite quote at the moment is "If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; If you can dream it, you can become it," from William Arthur Ward.I may have to collect the Emerson quote for my list of amazing quotes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Emerson quote is such a great quote, indeed! :) That quote from William Arthur Ward though describes one of the many philosophies that I live by. It is very wise. ^.^

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  12. This is brilliant! :) I love the precept one, especially, but they're all so good. Also, love your pen. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The precept one is the photo I'm pretty proud of taking. The pen is so amazing; if you haven't guessed, it's one of those where you squish its head and its eyes pop out (gosh, writing it all down makes it sound so cruel) but nethertheless it is so cute! I'm being submerged in it's cuteness right now... XD

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  13. Omgosh! When You Reach Me is one of my all-time favorite books!!! :D :D Also, love the Penderwicks! Super cute series!!

    I really like this idea of taking a theme from each book & converting it to photography. I seriously might try that out!! I'll let you know, if I do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally! Someone who actually knows When You Reach Me! I'm one of the only people off-line who actually knows the book exists! And the Penderwicks has been such a childhood favorite growing up; I can't wait for the new one! If you do try posting to this tag leave the link! I would love to see your responses to the prompts!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
    2. I like totally cried! It was so sweet!! I can't wait for the new Penderwicks, either!! the third one was my favorite!!! I was so excited about, well, everything that happened!! xD

      I might not use all of them & maybe even pick some other ones, because I haven't read all those books, but if I do, I'll make sure to send you the link!! It will be a couple weeks before I get around to it, but I'll try! (:

      Delete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Abigail Lennah