04 February 2015

Cloudbursts



Several days ago, I found time out of my homework-filled schedule to go and take some snow pictures on the deck of my backyard. The day called for a rest after having a productive rehearsal in choir, singing Vuelie, from Frozen, and Safari, sang by the same choir, Cantus! For those of you have been reading my blog for about over a year, you may recognize my backyard as a backdrop basis for much of my earlier photography (and the place where I accidently locked myself out for half an hour before deciding to climb over the fence; the lesson: do not close the door to your backyard unless you have a phone with you or a key).

For readers who are not familiar with the setting, I will help you envision the scene. The way to my backyard. The way to my backyard is through a white painted window door located in my brother’s bedroom. To trek through, one would have to push aside the blinds and heat insulators. 

Do this, and the outdoors are revealed. A bundle of summer items that my family forgets—a pair of sandals, stacks of chairs, regular tires, a green wash cloth that hasn't been washed in months—all sit under a small roof, the protection of the raised area. These are items that my family and time had forgotten, but I used these to help produce some of the photos I've taken.


 This photo and the one above it were both taken on tires.



It’s strange that how time passes, certain thoughts you had about certain things change. One may think that it may just be the thoughts that changed all along, that its true color have finally been shown, but no. It is the way of how the person sees it—that is where the change occurs. For my first month of blogging, the backyard was simply the place where I took photos in, and the place where I sat at when I was younger. Starting last year, however, I have discovered an affinity and appreciation for all of the things I see—the beauty of nature and the junk of people, items and subjects that people would store and stare at or just ignore. I am one of those who oversees the good and the bad, the things that many wish to have or get rid of. I look at both sides and see with perspective, and I encourage you all to do the same.






Melting snow droplets on my jacket!


Also, if you want a blog design, click here for my form and here for my portfolio. My blog design may or may not slow down, depending on track and field.

38 comments:

  1. Cool post ! Whoa you are so lucky ! We don't have snow in Sounthern California : ( The snow icicles look so pretty !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, therebelblogger! Snow icicles are really pretty. And I wouldn't doubt Southern California's beauty; I went there when I was six, and it was such an exhilarating experience.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
    2. Yeah it is still beautiful but rarely any snow if you don't live near the mountains : (

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Haha, I get it. Misspelled words are a norm in my everyday life. ^.^

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  3. BEAUTIFUL photography, Morning!! Snow (and ice) is amazing when you look closely! And, I LOVE Vuelie! It's actually the only song I like from Frozen (sorry).

    -Amelie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amelie! It is! On Tuesday I was tracing my fingers over the patterns of the frost forming on the bus window... it was so beautiful! And because I looked at that, I also got to see one of my friends who I haven't talked to in a very, very long time. Vuelie is a lot harder to sing than it appears. ^.^

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  4. Such GREAT pictures! You are a good photographer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mae Murray! I really want my photography to improve a lot more, but thanks! This really motivates me!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  5. I love these pictures, Morning! My favorite is probably the one with the mountains covered with snow. Mountains are some of my favorite scenery to look at (besides waterfalls and such) and I really think it displays to us God's beauty.
    I love how you said, "I look at both sides and see with perspective", and that's such a wonderful thing to do! I think it's something I need to do more often (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the mountain photos, too! If you look out south east of my deck there are loads of mountains that border the town I live in; a lot of them are hike-able, too! But it takes several hours before an entire round trip can be made!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  6. Love the mountains and the icicles. I think blogging has helped me appreciate more in life as well...it adds to our perspective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogging does add to our perspective! There are so many bloggers writing about their opinions on topics that should be dwelled upon much more frequently, and that's one of the reasons why I appreciate and love blogging.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  7. So beautiful! I especially love the last pic with the dew drops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ella! I loved how that last photo turned out, too. When I went to upload them to my laptop, I actually paid much attention to it and it's clarity and said, WHOA. :)

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  8. These pictures are beautiful and I'm slightly jealous of you ! hahahahha I love the snow and it's sucks that it doesn't snow where I live ! :)

    www.letmecrossover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele! :D There are perks for places that don't have snow...

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  9. Your photography is amazing :) Especially the one of the mountains was so breathtaking. And lately I've been thinking along that line too.... we're so incredible tiny compared to the entire universe.. and there is beauty in the little things around us. So much beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much beauty in the things that surround us... we should spend lots of time awe-ing at it's beauty!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  10. Eeee, I love it. Lovely pictures. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool pictures!!
    Sophia
    someplaceinthemidst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the photos! I really wish to see snow now. I'm super envious of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to see the Australia, though! You're so lucky to be living in that area... :P

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  13. Gorgeous photos and lovely words! Great post xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, elisabeth! *waves* Thanks so much!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Hey, Girl Blogging! Thanks!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  15. Lovely photos! I like the third photo. The angle is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely pictures! Snow is absolutely beautiful. (: I'm loving the foot we have here!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Abigail Lennah