31 January 2015

Of Childhood and Ice Cream (Party & Award)

Hi! I'm here to do two things today: Jollygirl's Blog Party and The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award.



How did you come up with the name of your blog?
The summer of the year I turned twelve was when I came up with the blog name, but then I had no clue I would start any sort of blog. That was the only year I got to play outside with all of the neighborhood kids, and somehow that ended up sparking an idea.

Favorite party snack? Why?
I like these tiny ham and salad leave rolls. If there is ice cream (does that count as a snack?), then I am all in!

What type of chocolate is your favorite? Milk, dark, white, or other?
I'm not sure how to categorize this... But any Toblerone or fair trade chocolate is scrumptious.


Describe your favorite memory?
One of my favorite memories is when I did theatre around this time last year. Do you know those musicals where characters spontaneously begin singing to however they felt? That was my life last year. It shows that your life can be a real life happy musical if you make it-- and belt it out!

What is your favorite post that I have published on this blog?
Self Appreciation, because it is a really strong post that people should hear.

Just type whatever you want in this section. You can answer a question, type random letters, share a fact about yourself,etc..
Have a happy blog anniversary, Jollygirl! :D

Next, I have been nominated by the lovely Amelie, who I am currently collaborating with to write a special post that I'm rather excited about, for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! Also, happy birthday to you!!!

Here are the rules:
1. Provide a link and thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
2. Answer their questions about yourself in a post.
3. Nominate some blogs!
4. Provide links to these nominated blogs and let the recipients know that they have been nominated.
5. Include the award logo within your blog post.

1. Who is your celebrity crush?
I don't have one. Is that abnormal?

2. Where do you find the most comfort during the day?
I find the library most comfortable, because I can go and read in between some of the shelves and no one would bat an eyelash. I also like the hallway that no one passes through where my friends and I eat. It is really quiet.

3. Do you like unicorns?
 It's like asking, "Do I have hair on my head?" Yes, I love them very much; I heard some of the reindeer were sick during Christmas last year, so the unicorns were brought in as replacements. The world was filled with joy, but some wept for the sick reindeer, the reason why I had spent my Christmas Eve in an arcade with a fever.

4. What is your best childhood memory?
When I was young? Playing hide and seek in the summer of 2012. That was the number one game everyone played.

Childhood is so simple...

5. What is your favourite song?
I know most of you already know this, but some may not. My favorite song is the song that I mention in my first post nearly two years ago--Some Nights, by Fun.

6. What is/was your favorite school subject?
English! The only thing I do not like about that class is that we approximately get an essay we must write per week, and since there are nine weeks in a quarter and that is how long I have English, I have nine essays to write, give or take one.

7. What would be your perfect day?
A perfect day for me would be I would have school, finish the light amount of homework I have, write for at least thirty minutes, go to theatre rehearsal and sing for two hours, go back home, and read twenty minutes before bed.

8. If you were to write a book what would it be about?
I've written many books, actually! There's one series I've been revising for years but is currently not getting anywhere about the four elements, two contemporaries, and a numerous amount of short stories.

9. What is your favourite joke?
I don't have a particular joke, but I love puns and inside jokes. 

via

10. Have you ever solved a Rubik’s cube and how long did it take you?
I never have solved a Rubik's Cube, but I think somehow I managed to finish one side of the Rubik's Cube when I was ten. 

I nominate anyone who wishes to do this. If you don't want to post the answers to the questions on your blog, then just post them in the comments! I will be happy to read them.

Something that you should know:
The Seahawks will win the Super Bowl.

34 comments:

  1. These answers were fun to read..and that unicorn one XD
    ice-cream definitely a snack and so is chocolate :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Okay, I wasn't sure whether to count it or not, because ice cream is often classified as dessert. I thought desserts can't be snacks, so... :P I was feeling a bit sassy when I wrote these, so my answers ended up reflecting that. Tons. I'm usually not that sassy, though (when I'm with the general public. LOL).

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. This post was so fun to read! :) The summer of 2012 is my favorite summer, so many lovely memories. :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The summer of 2012 was indeed, fun! I wish I can go back in time... once upon a time... :D

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  3. I would love to read a book written by you :)
    Emily :) www.mylifeasapreteendork.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, Emily! That means a lot to me. I hope I can get my books published, but I need to focus a bit on school for the first several weeks before I can get back to writing my novels.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  4. Great answers :)
    And yes...the Seahawks are going to win :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I hope the Seahawks win. (I'm trying to prove a point to someone in real life that they will win... I really hope they win!) I love the Super Bowl for two things-- its commercials and the half-time show. I can't wait to see Katy Perry perform!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for participating in my blog party!! Your answers were so fun to read! Mmmm....ice cream!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ice cream is indeed delicious! No problem! I'm quite happy I found time to do the blog party; with how my schedule was going last week, I was uncertain how things would go down.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  6. Your answers were so fun to read! Agreed, ice cream is a great party snack. ;)
    ~Adaline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ice cream = snacks is still a fact I'm trying to stretch around my head... XDD

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  7. Great answers! I do agree with that Super Bowl prediction. Go Seahawks!

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go Seahawks, yes! Whoop-whoop!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  8. Awesome post! Very funny also! Especially the unicorn one! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Clara! I wish the unicorns had left some glitter when they came around to my house during Christmas... XDD

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  9. Fun post!
    Completely unrelated: I was reading your about page and I got super excited. I'm an INFP too! It's so cool when I find others of the same personality type as me. :) We're practically sisters now.
    INFPs of the world unite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! That's awesome and true! Most of my friends are introverts, but after that, there is a string of ST thinking types, and sometimes it's hard because they don't understand. Yes, INFPs unite!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  10. Really enjoyed reading your answers :)
    And math jokes, ahh... they are one of a kind.
    Hehe, I really don't do Superbowl that much :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Autumn! Math jokes are funny. I also love the one that's like, "Find x," and then the answer that the teacher gets is the kid circles the x in the diagram and writes. "There it is!" It's fine if you don't watch the Superbowl much; I'm just staying for the commercials and halftime show, though I am playing some attention to the actual game.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  11. Loved reading your answers. I too, love ice cream and chocolate. I mean, who doesn't? :)
    Aliah

    thisandthatbyaliah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know this one person who isn't a fan of ice cream... some of my friends from school have strange tastes on certain topics. :D

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Oh, yes, thank you so much!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  13. Fabulous post, Morning!! Good answers to both sets of questions! I'm just IN LOVE with your blog right now.
    Thanks for wishing me a Happy Birthday! :) And, EEK, I'm so excited for our collab post!!

    XOXO,
    Amelie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was having tons of fun when I wrote the questions... this was at eleven in the morning, simultaneously cleaning my room. XD I'm excited for the collab post, too! It's going to turn out great!!!!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  14. Enjoyed reading your answers! Ice cream should definitely be considered a snack (as well as a suitable breakfast, lunch, or dinner, depending on the circumstance). It is not abnormal not to have a celebrity crush (in fact, good for you!)--I cannot understand how the majority of celebrities can be so popular, and I agree with Abraham Lincoln: "Common-looking people are the best in the world; that is why the Lord makes so many of them."
    Haha...good math joke!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been several times in my life when ice cream was my lunch (mainly when I was in elementary, everyone considered it "lunch"). I don't understand why a majority of celebrities are popular as well, but there are some celebrities that I do consider myself a fan of not because of their roles in various portrayals in media, but more so the actual actor and their actions. That joke by Abraham Lincoln is so true! And math jokes... my math teacher has this one joke on the board that says, "Statistically, six of the seven dwarves are not happy." Math cracks me up sometimes (and this is the reason why people may consider me "strange").

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  15. Gorgeous blog, girl! Equal Exchange chocolates, oh gosh, THE BEST. And unicorns..! Your answers are darn awesome. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Katie! I know, right? Gosh, I wish I had more exchange chocolate. I'm craving some right now.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  16. Gorgeous blog, girl! Equal Exchange chocolates, oh gosh, THE BEST. And unicorns..! Your answers are darn awesome. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie! I can't believe I missed your comment after all of this time... gosh! Sorry 'bout that. DX

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  17. Fair trade chocolate is totally awesome. And anyone who says a library is a place of comfort is an awesome person in my book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Optimistic Existentialist! And libraries are totally places of comfort; being surrounded by books is just amazing!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Abigail Lennah