07 January 2015

A Trip To Walt Disney World -- Part 2


Today I am posting more photos from my trip to Disney World, mainly those originating from Downtown Disney and Hollywood Studios! My family visited these two areas several days before and during Christmas time, which then I had been suffering through a cold and had to carry a box of napkins 24/7. My illness didn't stop me from having fun, though!

Do you have a downtown area in your town? If not, that's okay; I have many friends who must drive into town often to see town lights. Downtown areas often have unique stores and entertainment, which, in my town, reflects a lot of the historical and mainstream culture. Downtown Disney is like that. They have an interactive arcade called DisneyQuest, an interactive theme park with five levels of arcade games. My brother and I spent hours in that area. While my brother went for playing basketball with those basketball shooters they had, I spent a lot of time playing Avenger themed Pin Ball and Skeeball, the only two games I good at other than Fruit Ninja.

Some of the store that my family saw were a soccer store, The Poison Apple (a place where they make caramelized apples with Disney character faces), and a Lego store! The area had some amazing Lego statues. One store that my family spent lots of time in was World of Disney, which is the biggest character store there is. I got to see a stuffed animal Nemo! Isn't he just adorable?









Ah, their merchandise is too adorable, even the Dinosaur t-shirts. There was one T-Rex shirt I didn't manage to take a picture of showing a T-Rex attempted to do push-ups... but was on his head, his arm struggling to reach the ground. My family went back to Epcot several times and visited Magic Kingdom (separate post on that later). I think around that time was how I got sick. There was one day that it was raining, and I wasn't able to wear my poncho. The weather around the time was a bit dreary; my family's plan was to go to watch fireworks at Magic Kingdom on Christmas Eve., but due to the rain, we spent hours playing at the hotel's arcade.




On Christmas Day, my family went out to Disney's Hollywood Studios. My brother and I were kind of smirking that day because we were going on a horror ride, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror! The ride isn't that scary, I came to realize, but it is one of those rides where they raise you up and drop you down two stories not just once, but five times! I was feeling a bit queasy afterwards, but not to the point that I could not handle it. Another ride made me a bit queasy for it's indoor, 360 degree turns, which was the Rock 'N Roll Rollercoaster Starring Aerosmith. Queasy, but loads of fun!

Before tackling the tower, our first attraction was Indiana Jones: Epic Stunt Spectacular. It's basically showing Indiana Jones and the recreation of some of the stunts from the movies. There was also a Beauty and the Beast show. I feel a bit guilt watching the Beauty and the Beast musical show because I never was able to attend the show that my friends were in. The musical was beautiful, gathering all of the songs and turning the story from eighty minutes to thirty!




In the afternoon my family got to see more shows and a Star Wars ride. Did you know that there is a life-size version of Lightning McQueen? When he rolled out from a truck, I was super stunned. I did not expect there to be a sub-plot in one of the attractions we were watching that followed the storyline of Cars 2!

The Art of Disney was a very interesting building. There were several areas where you were able to take photos with famous Disney animated characters plus the stars of the current Walt Disney Animation Studios movie, Big Hero 6! I didn't see Baymax in action but I did see Hiro (no pictures with him, though). There another section in the building where you are able to take a drawing class! We got to draw Piglet. The only drawback-- haha, drawback-- was that there are no erasers on our pencils. The evening was filled with the Osborn Light Show. It's simply spectacular. If I could describe it with words, I would, but words can not fathom as to how that experience was.





So, there you have it! Next time, I will be posting about Magic Kingdom and possibly show a small video I created. Which photos or attractions seem appealing to you?


On a completely different note, isn't it funny how sometimes, you remember something that happened exactly a year ago? Funny at how you look at those events that have made you happy and realize it's been so long. Well, around an hour ago, exactly on this date, but last year, I would have been surround with people doing the banana warm up with a bunch of strangers who would soon be my niche. 

29 comments:

  1. Wow! I really wanted to go there now. Great photos:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always dreamed as a child of this land. Thanks to you, although I can see it in the pictures! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy it made you finally get a glimpse to Disney World, even if it is just for a bit. ^.^

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  3. Wow! These are amazing pictures! I get mixed up but- is this the one in Florida or the one in California? I know one is called is World and one is Land but I get really mixed up >.>
    I've been to the one in Florida like a couple of years ago but I can't remember most of it xD
    This was a great post- really enjoyed the pictures ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Catalina! This is the one in Florida! And that's awesome that you went there several years ago; I understand what you mean when you forgot your trip. Big events sometimes do stay in my mind, but most of the time, they fade away. I always remember small tidbits of really random days, though; playing with eye movement in fifth grade, waking up in the summer of 2012 feeling alive, for once. :)

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had a fun time! Disney World looks so colourful, it's been years since I've been to any of them. Seems like it has so many new things I haven't seen. Looking forward to the video. :)

    Dian
    The Happy Candle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Disney World is amazingingly colorful, and so is Disney Land! There are many things; they're changing so many attractions and adding new ones, it's crazy! I've heard they are adding this place called Avatar Land, too. ^.^ Thank you so much for stopping by!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  5. It must have been neat to see the stunts. That handshake looks perfect for the kind of handshake that I've seen people take in the movies where one party gets thrown flat on his/her back. There was one TV show "The Fall Guy" from the 80s where the star played a stunt man...pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stunts are very neat! In fact, I think when they took this photo, she did end up throwing the man back on his back! :)

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  6. Awesome pictures! That t-shirt is so cute! When I went on The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, I was really afraid. Normally I'm totally fine with roller coasters and that sorta thing, but when I heard the screams and realized how far it seemed to drop, I was a little queasy myself. I thought it only dropped like one time, but man, I was not expecting five!!! It was fun, but I didn't feel that great afterwards. ;P I loved the Rock 'N Roll Rollercoaster. It was so fun and fast. :)
    It looks like you had such an awesome time! I can't wait to read more about your adventure. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually fine with roller coasters too, but when there is one that I know I can't handle, I don't go. During the drops, I thought, "Here we go again!" and braced myself to fall. For some weird reason, my brother and I didn't go on the Rock 'N Roll Rollercoaster... I think it was because it was temporarily closed in the afternoon! :D

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  7. ohh the trip looks awesome! I'd love to go haha. love all the little toys- and the t rex shirt is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pop Champagne! You're too kind!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  8. This was a fun post. :-D

    Love it all! Especially the Big Hero 6 stuff. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? (Totally not quoting Honey Lemon.) I was oohing and ahh-ing when I saw the concept art; so many changes were made to the plot! :D I love concept art. ^.^

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  9. The lego store is amazing! And I love the t-rex shirt, it reminds me of The Robinsons. And I absolutely adore the Tower of Terror, even though I only went on it one time when I was little and I thought we were going to die. I even whispered to my dad, "I love you daddy." And I don't know if it's still there, but did you see the Narnia exhibit thingy in Hollywood Studios? It's really cool, and I know you love Narnia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I didn't make that connection to Meet the Robinsons until now! And aww, that's cute! Yeah, when I watched the small video they had before we rode, I was thinking, "I think we are going to die!" Wait, there's a Narnia exhibition?!?!? I absolutely adore Narnia, but I think it isn't not there anymore; it wasn't on the map that we got up front. :( I still wish it was up, and that the movie franchise would have kept on going! I can't believe that this December would mark the ten year anniversary of the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe movie from 2005! Wow!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  10. The last time I was in Disney was like 7 years ago now, and so I don't really remember much, but this makes me wanna go back! Thanks for posting these pictures :)
    -Lauren <3
    lovingourcreator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Lauren! I do hope that you do go back! It'd be amazing! And yeah, I also went to Disneyland (different park) a long time ago, but I only remember the fireworks. :)

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  11. Wow thats so cool, Morning! I have never been to Disney, but it looks awesome !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Disney is truly awesome! :D

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  12. WOAH! I truly, love your new design! It's perfect, well for you and everything... Anyway, sounds awesome! I would love to go to Disney World, one day just someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, June! When you do go, you should post it on your blog! :) But you should just keep in mind to not always have your camera out; sometimes you fully enjoy something if that is all you do, enjoy yourself in the moment and not let go.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  13. Disney World is amazing! I've been there when I was 4. I enjoyed it so much. Hope I can come back again! :D

    Sammie
    sammiethestargirl.blogspot.com || Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't been there yet! Waah. Still on my bucket list. Especially after seeing these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a neat adventure!

    Sarah
    http://imsarahgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just a random question, Morning - what tool do you use to make your favicons? I love how smooth the lines are, not at all pixilated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so jealous, Morning! Looks like so much fun! <3

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Abigail Lennah