04 January 2015

A Trip to Walt Disney World: Part 1


Around three weeks ago, during the holiday season, my family and I embarked on a trip to Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando. Our trip lasted around two weeks, but these were two weeks that were filled with such fun and adventure. I'm so excited to share with you some of the 684 pictures from my trip!

It took my whole family consisting of my parents, brother and I more than twelve hours transferring airports, riding planes, and getting to our resort in Disney. We were staying in one resort that embraces the culture of the '50s to '90s, something that I appreciate (groovy!). 




That evening of our arrival, my family went to go and eat at this one restaurant called Boma. It's located near one of the four parts, Animal Kingdom. I took photos of the food I ate, and for the days following that until my family arrived home, I constantly did that. Photo of the two meals we were allowed to have a day, plus the snacks! Don't assume two meals are bad; they come with an entree, a drink and dessert. So you'll end up stuffed! I'm staying away from food for awhile... 

The following day, that was where my family went!





There were a lot of interesting things to do during our time there. We got to go see the Harambe Reserve, located inside of the park, and saw lots of zoo animals. Musical shows played hourly such as the Lion King and Finding Nemo, both which my family watched. I do must say that one ride had me coming back constantly, and that ride is known as Expedition Everest.

Expedition Everest is really easy to find once you reach the back of the park. It's a mountain peak with the tips sprinkled with snow, and every fifteen seconds, you can hear rides screaming as they dropped down the peak around 80 feet! I went on this so many times-- around eleven. The first time, I sat in the front. Another time while I was riding, I was sitting next to an English man in his sixties or seventies who I talked to for a bit on the ride, and when the ride came to a close (I told him that was my sixth time), he exclaimed, "You're crackers!" Indeed I am, but it is not like every day you can drop 80 feet.

On the way to Expedition Everest, you can also see the Tree of Life. It's a large tree, with animals carved into the wood. 





On the second day we went to another park known as Epcot, a futuristic park that also carries a world fair around the lake! One ride that we went on was Test Track, where we got to create our own car and then, test it on a track. It's a lot of fun! Another ride we went on was called Mission: Space, and your in a flight simulator on a trip to Mars. My dad received motion sickness on that one, funnily.

The World Showcase, what they call the world fair area, is amazing! My family got to go to eleven countries all in one day! Canada, United Kingdom, Norway, Japan, China, Germany, Mexico, the list can go on for ages! Because it was the holiday season, we got to see special holiday performances from each country. In the evening, around the World Showcase lake, we got to see Illuminations, Epcot's Fireworks show! I loved the fireworks here.






On the third day, my family took a break from Disney and headed on out to Universal Studios! It was amazing! My brother and I went on a Minion ride and Hogwarts, my two favorite attractions of all. We even got to ride the Hogwarts Express! I barely could refrain myself from squealing the entire time at Hogwarts. There was a frog choir singing, and a ride that makes you feel like you are playing Quiddich. My only two regrets when I was there was that one, I didn't get to look at wands, and two, I did not try butter beer. I feel like I should be scolded for those reasons. 

The minion ride was so funny! It's a simulator where Gru turns you into minions and his kids, Margo, Edith, and Agnes, train you. There was a story plot underneath and I thought of it very sweet. The employees in charge of that ride would ask questions about Despicable Me (mainly, all minion pun-based) to pass the time. The second time my brother rode that particular ride, one of the questions they asked was, "What is Agnes' signature line?"

For several moments, everyone looked confused. I screamed out loud, "It's so FLUFFY!" People turned to look toward me, and I went to hide my head for five minutes.

On the way back to Disney World, my family had to board a bus. We met this one bus driver who, once we entered the bus, showed off his dance and singing skills to the passengers as he sang to Shake It Off by Taylor Swift. His dream is to be the man who posts the most amount of videos on YouTube, around 20,000, and get enough people to help him dance with Ellen on the Ellen Show. I currently do not have a video with my of the bus driver and though my brother has one, you can hear me singing VERY loud. But here is a link to one of the ones I found!






On a completely different note, how many parts for my trip should I do? Three or four? I'm kind of facing a dilemma. I would like four, but I do not wish to overwhelm you all. And how is the new design? It's not my best, I admit, but I was aiming for simple and calming, something that the beginning of last year was. Have a great day!

28 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a lot of fun! Disney World is the best! It's so very magical there. You got to ride the Hogwart Express?!? Okay, now I'm jealous. ;) That sounds so awesome! When my family and I went to Disney World, we would eat out once a day and just eat sandwiches, cheetos, pop tarts etc. for our other meals. Everything is sooo expensive near Disney World but the food is so delicious there too! We went to this one place (I think it was in Epcot) and the food was very heavenly! Whoops, now I just rambling on and on about food. ;)
    Anyways, love love love your new design! I like how it's simple but still expresses your awesome personality. I'd say this design is probably my favorite so far. It's so beautiful! Lovely post, Morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is super magical! When my family went, we brought so much food. We had no idea how much our meals would cover, and when we found out, a lot of the food we brought just went back into the suitcase. Like the Nutella that my family brought? It wasn't even reduced when we got home. And aw, thanks, Eve! I liked my previous design, but I thought of the colors to be a bit too overwhelming so I decided to change it up a bit!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. Love your design, hun.
    And wow. Disney world. Sounds and looks awesome...congrats on going there. ;) Great post. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning, how jealous you're making me! Disney world? Universal studios? I'm green! Gosh, what a great time you seem to have had. Great photos by the way. I can't wait to see more. Post all four!
    Also, your design is beautiful! It's perfect. I love it, good work Morning. Next time I'm going to have to go to you for a design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I am deciding to post all four! Honestly, when I first heard of the news of going I complained I would have a load to catch up on from school (which is what I have to go through this entire week; all of finals!) but if it was worth missing school or not is the main thing that I have to speculate. :)

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  4. So lucky! Wish I was there!

    I love your design especially the simple, peaceful green (honestly though, I prefer the old design).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lexi! And I loved the old design, too. I was just thinking of sprucing things up a bit for a change. ^.^ New beginnings should be a bit peaceful, the calm before the storm of experiences, and that's what I attempted to reflect in the design. When I designed this, I literally kept thinking of clouds because it reminded me so much of the marshmallows in the sky, haha!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  5. Looks like a fun trip! I'd love to visit the animal kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fun trip! Animal Kingdom is, indeed, very lovely. It may not be as popular with many activities like in Magic Kingdom or Epcot, but it is still filled with tons of adventure, too!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  6. I've been to Disney world, but only to magic kingdom, and so I would love to see the rest of Disney!
    Looks like you had so much fun, and really good pictures!
    -Lauren ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magic Kingdom has a lot of fun. And if you do get a chance to see the rest of Disney or go to another one of its theme parks, store (I've been to the one in Times Square) or cruises, you should definitely not turn down the opportunity! :D

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  7. That's awesome! I've been to all of DisneyWorld, (all the parks). My favorite ride in Epcot was test track - it was really fun! i'm glad you had a good time! :)

    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Test Track was my favorite ride over at Epcot, too! I love design the cars; it's so fun. You have to think about different aspects to try to make it the best possible, but riding the ride; now that's a lot of fun. I screamed through the first time I rode it!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  8. Sounds like you're having fun. That's awesome that the bus driver started singing. Also, that food looks amazing. Great design, by the way.

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Noor! Yeah, when the bus driver began to sing out loud, I was kind of shell shocked for several moments, then began to sing. :) I don't know; I usually kind of stick with the "singing-out-loud-like-nobody-is-watching" crowd, and that's what a lot of my friends and I do, even when all of them have different bits of interest. :D

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  9. Eeeek! I'm so jealous, I've always wanted to go to Diagon Alley because I am a bit of a nerd when it comes to Harry Potter... Glad you had a fab time, I hope to go one day!

    -Lauren xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! Yes, fangirlers unite! High five! And you should definitely go one day; it's worth it!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  10. *squeal* I can't tell you how simultaneously happy and jealous I am that you got to ride on the Hogwarts Express!!!! One of my goals is to do that and try butterbeer (for you:) ).
    Sounds like you had a spectacular time!! Also, love your design:) :)

    Chloe | Curious Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Chloe! Do go ride the Hogwarts Express and drink butterbeer (and as lovely as it seems, we're not aloud to drink or eat while aboard of the Hogwarts Express. I can't eat Chocolate Frogs, then)!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  11. I love the pictures! And I totally understand everything, because I went on a trip similar to that a few years ago. I NEED to go again though, because they added the whole Hogwarts Express thing into the park now. And I love the minion ride! And the queue to the Forbidden Journey is just as good as the actual ride because of the scenes there! Once, we were the only ones in line and it was magical because Hermione cast a spell for it to snow, and we ended up with fake snow all over us. Anyway, it's entirely up to you, but I think you should do four, because if you went for two weeks, then there's a ton to talk about!

    P.S. I really like the new design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Minion Ride, too! I'm kind of also planning on going back; what I'm doing is that when I do become a published author and still maintaining my main job at the same time, is about 70 percent will go off to paying off stuff (house bills, etc.), 20 percent will go to saving for a backup plan, and the last 10 percent will be saving for a trip! All of the main job's money will just all be contributed to paying off. Yes, and when the fake snow began to fall on my family, we were amazed! Same when the dragon sitting above the Gringotts Bank lets out a breathe of fire around every hour or so. :)

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  12. How fun!!! :D It's funny because the last time I went to Disney world, I stayed at that same resort! XD I've never been to Universal but it looks like loads of fun! I'm glad you had fun on your trip (and pretty jealous to be honest), despite you having to put up with being called 'crackers'. XD
    By the way, I love the sea green color in your new design! It is, indeed, quite calming. ^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Morning! :) I hope you do go back. And oh my gosh, that's so cool that you stayed at the same resort as I did!!! That's amazing! :D And crackers... gosh. XD

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  13. I love this post (and your blog) so very much! Disney World is one of my favorite places in the world, and your pictures have captured so much of the magic that I remember and love. <3

    xoxo

    downbythewillows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Adelaide! (You have a really pretty name!) Disney World is also one of my favorite places in the world; I hope to go back some day!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  14. Sounds super fun!! :)

    Amelie :)

    www.ameliebarham.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Abigail Lennah