12 November 2014

I'm Okay.

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." -Dr. Seuss
I am super behind on NaNoWriMo. I am barely at 15,000 words, and in order to keep up with my word count, I have to go and write about 2,000 words a day to reach my goal of 50,000! The reason behind this is not because of procrastination, but because of activities that I did over the weekend, and I have to conclude it being one of the best weekends I have had this year.

I went to a writing conference that was being held in town exclusively for school students from grades 6-12, and a lot of my friends from theater and engineering camp were there, including my friends Sabrina and Kristina-- who are both amazing flawless ladies, by the way. :)

Afterwards I made it on time to musical theater performance class, and as a reward for working so hard, all five of we students that were there that day ended up doing a bunch of improvisation where we acted like preppy cheerleaders at a surgery and did a whole bunch of different scenes. The two youngest in our class, both fourth graders, did skits that made me crack up so much.


Sunday. After waiting a month, our cast party came! The planning for it all backfired; the original plans were watch a movie together and eat pizza. The scheduling date got moved to the ninth, and the movie which we were all going to watch, Big Hero 6, got sold out. In that case, our cast split ways before all coming together for the final get together.

I wasn't sure what would happen. I texted my friends frantically the evening prior to Sunday, who some were going to see Dracula Untold. I had mixed feelings about watching that movie-- mainly because I watched the trailers it was too intense for my taste. (If you place that and another horror film trailer together, you get a"I-am-terrified-to-my-seat" feeling.) By then I told my parents it was okay if we went shopping in the area where the pizza party was going to be held at, until my friend Kristi called me! She and I made plans within an hour to watch Big Hero 6 in another theater in town (which was super close to being sold out).

We all laughed at the trailers, and smiled at Winston in Feast. During the entire movie, I felt delighted. I laughed, I cried, and I can totally feel the relationship between Hiro and Tadashi, along with the metaphor Baymax represents. The little girl next to me kept buzzing to me and my friend the entire time, and it was cute.


The cast party was the last thing that happened over the weekend and that turned out great (except five people couldn't make it, because one was suffering migraines that day, one had to make up a huge pile of homework, one was trying to fight a cold, and the last two's family forgot). We kept buzzing about how our lives are-- and how I wasn't a part of Seussical anymore, a play which I auditioned for and received a major role, but had to drop out for reasons I do not wish to dwell on. As suggested by everyone there, I'm going to go in and talk about potentially volunteering with the performances in December.




You know, for awhile, I've been feeling super bottled up inside about not seeing my friends-- and I still am bummed, but with an opportunity that popped up, I have hope, for awhile. For now, I will just sit here at home, writing frivolously in my notebook my novel and dreaming about helping out with technical stuff. That's going to be okay with me.

(P.S. Blogs by Kids, which I have been following since about a week the blog was created-- yes I get around on the blogging community a lot-- featured me, which you can read here! If you all want to meet bloggers by other kids and interests as you, that is the place to be!)

20 comments:

  1. Good quote by Dr. Suess! Sounds like you've been keeping busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! To be honest, if it weren't for NaNoWriMo, I would not consider myself busy. :) But right now I'm try to contact some people in the community and see activites and volunteering dates that I could potentially go to during the first two weeks of December. I'm kind of nervous because one of the people I have to talk to is a New Yorker (ack!) who is really nice but professional, as in, she will make sure we are all on task to get the job done. O.o I hope everything goes well. :D

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. Wow you've been busy! Was Big Hero 6 good? Don't tell me about it! I want to go watch it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I can say is this: try not to have any high hopes about whether it is good or not and all od the hype surrounding it; judge the movie for the movie. Will it be a big hit like Frozen? Probably not, because Let It Go made it extremely popular. But Big Hero 6 does have heart AND an antagonist whose movies do make much more sense than of those in Frozen. Oh, and stay until the very end of credits! There's a post Marvel scene!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  3. I hope you catch up on your novel soon! I once got pneumonia in the middle of Camp NaNo and I got so far behind I had to lower to goal.
    I hope you enjoyed Big Hero 6. I really want to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sophie! I can't really lower my word count because you can't do that on the adult site, which is where most of my NaNoing is taking place, but thanks! I'm hoping to at least write 7,500 words over the weekend to catch up. XD And when you do go watch Big Hero 6, stay after the credits! I'm serious; there's a surprise!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
    2. I'm doing the adult one as well, but in Camp NaNo you get to set your own goal. Only in NaNo do you have to go for 50k.
      I will make sure I do!

      Delete
  4. Sounds fun! I reallyyy want to watch Big Hero 6.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! And if like how Baymax was in the trailers ("Hairy... BABY!") there is one more comedic part they did not show in the trailers but is in the movie, and it's super hilarious. It's how me and my friends greet each other now. XD

      xoxo Morning
      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  5. I want to watch Big Hero 6 now, since you've blogged about it! :)
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I want to watch it again too; my school friends and I are all going to g and see it again tomorrow afternoon or evening. Now if I can watch Big Hero 6 and How To Train Your Dragon 2 in one day, that would be amazing. :)

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  6. I've nominated you for the Blogger Recognition Award: http://almostcompletelymad.blogspot.com.au/2014/11/blogger-recognition-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your NaNoWriMo entry!! I tagged you on my blog for the One Lovely Blog award!

    - Lexie | What Lexie Loves | Kids Blogger Network

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there!!! I nominated you for an award:) --->

    http://curiousramblingsbychloe.blogspot.com/2014/11/blogger-recognition-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been dying to see Big Hero 6! I also just wanted to let you know that I saw your comment on Kat's blog referring to my design skills, and that you are just too kind. You've made my day, and I wanted to thank you :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've nominated you for an award: http://sophiesseabed.blogspot.com.au/2014/11/blogger-recognition-award.html?showComment=1416355950720#c5437302736278386026

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky you, I really want to watch Big Hero soon, looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck on nanoWrimo! :)

    I also tagged you!
    http://hildald.blogspot.com/2014/11/5-fictional-places-i-would-like-to.html

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Abigail Lennah