20 September 2014

Ups and Downs

I remember doing a post exactly like this a year ago, and thought that since I haven't been able to get online as much as I wish, I would type this up to tell you guys what I've been up to. Keep an eye out for my blog party and writing contest details in two days! Also, people's faces are blurred for privacy reasons. I may need to go back and blur them a bit more.

Ups
1. I get to go out and see my friends face-to-face almost every single day in the evenings and laughing my head off at all of the ridiculous jokes that are many. Some I don't get because, unlike 95% of the people in my cast, I don't have a Vine or an Instagram, but still, it is very fun.

2. The really high score I received on my Algebra II math test. Yes, I am doing Algebra II. I'm so happy about that.
3. Exploring this one substitute place our cast was at for rehearsal while waiting for our turn for blocking. Exploring a mini theater like that, with paint buckets, rugs, and an artificial sword fish, was extremely fun and satisfying.
4. Playing Minute-To-Win-It games all Friday morning long.
5. Helping out with the Duct Tape Challenge. We had to duct tape one of our team members to the lockers and out of all teams, see how long someone would last. Our team won. What was our strategy? Disorderly taping.


6. Coming up with this amazing video film idea about the... wait, once I create it, I'll tell you all.
7. I'm actually going out and doing something than wasting my time away doing nothing.
8. Writing up a final post for the month coming after this. Upcoming for next month: my novel's main theme, pictures from the theater production (and how we kill and eat apples in our free time), and me having rediscovering wise words. Most of this will have an air of mystery to them, but that is how it is.

Downs
1. The pressure I am in on trying to top the last essay I wrote for class. When the teacher keeps saying during classroom seminars that you have very sharp writing and the entire class goes to look at you, you can't help feel but breathing hard in this amount of pressure.


2. Biology. It's fun, but it can be hard at times.
3. Theater is coming to and end pretty soon, and I'm sad about how I won't be able to see most of these people for about another year (this corresponds with the seventh "up").


4. Stage fright.
5. Knowing what I want for my birthday I cannot receive.
6. People who want your birthday to play out as they want it when you just want to have your birthday eating pizza and chips with your friends in the evening,
7. I can not see my school friends as often as I like. :(
8. Realizing how often your character in a play is inclined to scream. I don't mind screaming, but it hurts my ears.



post signature

13 comments:

  1. I'm happy for you about your ups! About your down, I hope they don't get to you. Also, I will definitely try to enter your writing contest and participate in your blog party (though I'm not sure what that is) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jollygirl! Yeah, I hope my downs don't get to me either; some of them aren't supposed to happen for another several weeks, which is great, but I can get pretty emotional. Oooh! And I can't wait to see your entry xx

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you have a lot of ups! I will be sure to enter the writing contest and blog party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Noor! Also the contest entry for your contest... I'm almost done, just got to tidy things up!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  3. Great ups, and the downs are so true! Totally entering the writing contest and whatever the blog party is. Mmmm... skittles....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry... I think those are mms....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Skittles are the best. I rarely have any (because of my braces). Just several more months. Seven more months until they are off!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  5. Lovely Post. I love this kind of post you do, Morning. I'm glad that you have a whole lot of up's:)
    June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, June! :) Well, I try to be optimistic and look on the bright side of things.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  6. Ugh! I have stage fright too, I feel ya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Cathy! Ugh, sometimes it just feels like a really hard punch in the gut, too.... xP

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  7. What a great idea for ups and downs! Clever, because it like into your blog name as well! Enjoyed reading this post, if you want… check out my blog! it would be much appreciated x bella

    http://magazinesandmacaroons.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Duct tape challenge looks fun! :D I can totally relate with you on 5 and 6, ugh :(

    hellostrawberrie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Abigail Lennah