06 September 2014

Lately.


Lately,

Hello, hello, everyone! I have finally gotten back into the swing of the school year schedule... yet this is only temporary. Yup, I'm busy, busy, busy! That's just the way I like things in my life, compared to how four to five months, stuck on home and reading blogs and manga over my three hour free time I had. I say my schedule is only temporary because some of the activities that I am pursuing now I may not be able to do in the next several months due to conflicting forces. My schedule on now as follows:


What I have been up to from the last time I posted up to this point:


// I got into a theatre show! It's called The Three Musketeers, which I'm sure you all have heard of at some point in time. I'm playing Elise, who is a girl who flirts with Aramis, one of the three titular characters. Some of the people in the cast of Three Musketeers were in my last play, so unlike last time, I wasn't entirely nervous and standing in solitude along the corner, awkwardly observing everyone else talk. At the same time, I'm doubling as a Fighter. Sure, it's a small role, but I didn't expect to land a major part for my second show! Perhaps for my third, I might. As they say, "Remember: there are no small parts, only small actors." Oh, and there are two words that are associated either the play that I'm in that is one attribute I particularly enjoy: stage combat!

// I've got back into taking dance classes on the weekends! During the first several months of blogging, I took dance class, but by the end of that semester I took a break for about a year. I'm still taking up the same class as I did before (musical theater) and I'm loving it!


// I finally went to Michaels after six months! My mom and grandmother were going there to buy some wool yarn when I tagged along with them, but they did not end up finding any. However, I found this really cool scrapbook paper that I am going to use for this project that I have been doing annually for about three years now! Since I don't do anything over the weekends and the television is usually occupied by my grandmother at that time, that is when I will be working on this project. Isn't the paper so cute?


// I'm learning new blog design codes! I may have slowed down my blog design business until further notice, but still, I'm making new and learning codes! I'm also hoping to go on a font spree soon and get about 10 fonts (maybe I can ask to download Photoshop or Gimp along with that)! When my business opens up again, I'll be sure to blow your minds with the designs (test ones which I'm working on right now).

// I'm sad at the fact that the school I'm at can't partake in one of my favorite book competitions. I talked to the librarian about it, and she said that there wasn't a great turn up of people last year-- it was so bad, that the coach for the book competition isn't coaching it anymore!

// It's my brother's birthday today. :)

// I have no idea what I want for my birthday! Isn't that strange? Usually I ask foe something substantial or something that is physical, like a hard back copy of a book, but now, whenever my parents are asking me what I want for my birthday, I tell them, "I don't know." I could ask them to download fonts for me, but for a birthday gift, that isn't really satisfying. Honestly, I think something that 2014 has taught me is that we really don't really need substantial things to be happy, however nice they are to have, but but we should value more of those things we have that aren't physically there. My laptop and doing theater at the beginning of the year is a great example of this. My laptop was something that I kept using and thought I really needed, but when I began theater, I was so much more happy over the course of that time frame. I loved just driving out to go to rehearsal over and sing along with everyone else to Just Give Me a Reason during five minute breaks and going out to play Paper Ball. That's real stuff that we need! Interacting with people! Emotions! I think that's what I want for my birthday, to continue on with theater year round, even with future shows, because that's something I value over my laptop and the Internet (and really, help me get out of the house), but I don't think that wish will be granted, however much I truly want it. :'(

If it was Thursday today, this photo would have been Throwback Thursday... This was a photo from my first play. We were playing a game. I was the first one out. xP

// Wow. I just realized I had 92 followers. O-O Please keep a watch out for the next post, which is another interview! 

post signature

10 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks like you've been busy! I've been busy too, but not nearly as much as you! Congrats, on getting roles in the play. I wish I could be there to see your performance! Also, are you going to do anything special when you get 100 followers? You are almost there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have been busy! :D Thank you! I really hope that when we get to live shows (which my parents have a sour feeling about right now) I could get a CD recording of it... I didn't get one of my first show but according to this one girl I was practicing with, she said that the theater company always have extra copies of those shows, so I may be able to get one. As for 100 followers... hopefully I can get 100 followers before my birthday! If not, that's fine, too. ^.^

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. Don't you hate how school takes up half the day!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do I hate how school takes up half of the day... I'm not really bothered by it. In fact, I'm kind of happy that now I can get to school earlier, because then I get out earlier, too. My problem last time was that school started later by 45 minutes and ended 45 minutes later than it does now, and you have no idea how much of those 45 minutes I need to finish homework and study! I need to keep up with school work. So, I'm not particularly fond of it, but I'm not bothered by it, either.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  3. Great post! I love stage combat too! I'm glad to see you are keeping your homework time to a limit of two hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Oakstar: Thank you! Stage combat is amazing; one of my friends kept posing the entire time and we watched her talk sword selfies on her phone >.< I try to keep my homework to a limit of two hours, but a lot of that two hours comes from my Algebra II homework. I try to work on some of it at school (my teacher mainly hands out worksheets than makes us work out of the book), but if I can't solve it, I work on other homework from other subjects and just go from there. ^.^

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great! Congrats getting into the play, I am looking forward to reading more of your updates! I also love the graphics you made for this post--they're so creative!

    -Riley XO
    smilesnomatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Riley! I'm not sure whether I'll have time to update my blog as much as I did, but when I do, I'll probably add more pictures like I did last time and tell you all about that. (Hopefully, I can audition for the next play after this; that's what I'm worried about). And the graphics-- thank you so much! I've been practicing a lot on that.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  6. Congrats with the musical theatre! That sounds so fun!!!

    -M
    http://thelyfoflittleme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, I really like your weekday schedule! I think I may have to make one too.. *thinks*
    And congrats on your play part(s), you'll do great! And your followers. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Abigail Lennah