21 August 2014

First Day of School!

Yesterday was the first day of school, and I have so much to tell you about how it!

The first day of school was AMAZING. The first hour of school, I thought, would have ruined the experience.

My first period, which was Algebra II, I was absolutely terrified about the size of the school. The school was twice as big as my last school, but the strange part wasn't that: the strange part was that the school was shaped like a diamond. I was wandering on the wrong side of school, looking for my classes, and when a teacher finally told me a way to find my class, I was late by a whole 20 minutes! The good news was, most people weren't in class because they were either lost as well or (this applied more the majority) their schedule had many holes in them, so they were in line. 

By the time I found my class, I realized the door to get in was locked. I kept knocking for a whole ten minutes until I said, "Hello?" My teacher then opened the door, asked for my name (I wasn't tardy! Phew), then said, "You did realize that there was another door to get in, right?" Externally, I was trying to pay attention to what the teacher's rules were, and on the first day, we were given about 50 problems for homework. (Just to let you guys know, I'm not a genius at math; I just pay attention, take notes, do the homework, and study before a major test. Nothing major.) Internally, after plopping into my seat into my seat, I felt like banging my head against the table top of my seat.

via
I have a block period for Language Arts (which, after nine weeks, will change into History). All of my classes are, as I mentioned in previous posts, are apart of this mini school that majorly emphasize in reading and deep philosophical reading, and mentally, they are the toughest classes in the entire school. Even my Algebra II class emphasizes on reading the math book. 

When I arrived, I didn't know what to expect for the level of skill needed for the class: language arts was most likely where most of the work was done. None of my friends were in the mini school that I was in. The teacher took us to meet all of the other teachers in the mini school, and then, they challenged us to a song lyric contest and artistic performances. I don't mean to brag about this or anything, but two weeks before I came to the school, the lady at the receptionist desk at the cardiology department was quoting her daughter (who is attending the same mini-school as I was): "'It's like I've been brought into a musical! Everyone is happy, nobody is judging, and it's amazing." Those words, believe it or not, are true.

via
This will sound so cheesy, but my class was the Disney movie High School Musical. Everyone there had artistic abilities to a degree, and some seniors in my choir class who have been to several different schools before arriving at the one they're attending now said that out of all of the schools they've been to, this was the one that had the least amount of judgement and fakeness. They might have been exaggerating it to a degree (school isn't all that perfect; it would be too good to be true), but I can believe them. If there is a section of the school with deep thinking, artistic talent (like singing or doing impersonations of George Clooney and Michael Jackson), with the judging and people faking toned down, that's my kind of place to be. 

My fourth period was Spanish. I have no prior knowledge except for the fact some Filipino words that I knew were originally Spanish words. The teacher didn't speak to us in Spanish for the first several minutes, but whenever she did, she made it real obvious by pointing at things. I'm keeping my fingers crossed about this class; INFPs supposedly are gifted at mastering several languages. My fifth period class was Biology, and there we did a test about some pre-Biology knowledge (like, "Who was the person associated with the theory of evolution?") The final period was choir, and I was feeling jittery about this. I don't like being judged singing.

Well, I'm really looking forward to the school year and the next several years I'll be spending here! My life feels a bit like a wave of euphoria which I cannot and do not want to rid myself of. We're meeting one of the contestants from the last season of The Voice tomorrow and are playing Minute To Win It games all day long!

How was your guys' first day of school? Or if you haven't started school, what are you feeling right now?

post signature

8 comments:

  1. Awesome video/voice over. I also am not allowed show my face for safety and privacy reasons.
    Hannah//This Geekster's Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah! Well, internet safety is important. :)

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. I am glad that you are liking your school! Also, the summit starts in a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, sweet! :D I can't wait to hear what you, Oakstar, and all of the other 34 girls have in store for the next year of DG! I'll be sure to keep reading the magazine! Keep up the amazing work, ladies! :D

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  3. You're school sounds amazing! I absolutely love all the classes your taking (I took all the same ones last year). I hope you have an amazing year!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, what a weird coincidence, huh? And I am having a great year. XD I hope you have an amazing year of school too, Brooke!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  4. Your new school sounds amazing!! Glad you're enjoying it:)
    -Lauren xoxo
    http://pretty-things-a-n-d-polka-dots.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren! Good luck when you get back to school, too!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Abigail Lennah