26 August 2014

Entry For Bethan's Writing Contest

Hey, everyone! This is my entry for Bethan's writing contest to celebrate her 50 followers mark! I remember when her blog was new and there were only several readers. She's grown a lot! Yay! If you want to go and join, it's not to late (but it ends on August 31st)! My original idea was a story told within the form of a letter, but then the letter got too long. While walking home from school today, I was thinking of something completely random (I think I was thinking about European fashion) and then this came to me. I hope you like and enjoy it! I won't give away what I wrote, but I'll just say this: things can be done and undone.

Strangers.
Glances.
Thoughts.
Words.
Voices.
An outreached hand. 
First words: “Hello.”


                         Acquaintances.
                         Hobbies, 
                         interests,
                         opinions,
                         sleepovers,
                         Pop tarts, 
                         homework,
                         their common interests,
                         Exchanged and shared.


Friends.
Smiles,
laughs, 
hugs,
tears,
fights,
love,
short time hate,
moments,
ups and downs.


Seconds,
minutes,
hours,
breaths,
heartbeats.
Nature,
Seasons,
a potential enemy,
change and time.
Friends.


The fading and                                                     
dwindling conversations,                                                    
texts,                                                    
talks,                                                    
thoughts,                                                    
opinions,                                                    
interests,                                                    
hobbies.                                                    
  Acquaintances.                                                    
                     
         
Last words: “Goodbye.”
Sometimes wordless.
Nostalgia.
Grimace.
Footsteps.
Silence.
Strangers.


Just to let you guys know, the casts for each of the shows were announced and I got into one of them! :) Meaning that my blog will... have long periods of time where my blog is bare with no new posts. Even if I'm doing theater and perhaps I have a small part, school's a major priority for me and I will be studying during those spare moments. 

I'm not sure whether I will be asking for guest posts yet, since I have so many scheduled posts planned (like the interviews I keep mentioning; they're coming up next) but I'll have to see. The only time you will hear from me is through commenting on blogs! That also means that my design blog shop is now closed until further notice! Unless you're a new blogger or-- this will help bring out the debate side of me-- debate over why I should design your blog, my blog shop will be closed until further notice. Hopefully I can open it back up in mid-October. ^.^

Well, I better log off!

post signature

16 comments:

  1. That's beautiful!
    Congratulations:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I found out I got the role of Elise.. I don't know much about her except she's super flirty and she hung with one of the original three musketeers. It'll be strange doing so because her character is the alter ego of who I am, so... :)

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. That is a beautiful piece!
    Congrats on getting a part in the play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so beautiful and so sad... I loved it. I'm so happy that you got a part! I haven't been online much for the past week because of DG, but I definitely am back again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's understandable, being gone for awhile. In fact, I just barely found time to comment and reply to the comments on here; once I'm finished, I have to finish up my biology homework. It's not due until September 2nd, but start now than later, right?

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  4. That was a lovely Morning! Congratulations on your part! And don't worry, I think everybody's blogs are getting a little less love due to school. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Madeline! Yeah, school tends to take up a lot of time, especially those who go to public school. Homeschool kids get lucky in the blogging world!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  5. I just stumbled upon this site, and I love this piece! I frequently find myself enjoying poetry by bloggers more than poetry by famous writers (my blogging friend Grace writes amazing pieces at vividbones.wordpress.com). I guess things by fellow teenagers tend to be more relatable. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Emily! Welcome! :) Yeah, poetry written by bloggers is more relatable because I think you know more where they're coming from, compared to famous poets. I'll be sure to check out your blog and your friend's when I get some free time!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  6. Hey, I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! You can check it out on my recent post here: http://confessionsbyateen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ima Writer! I'll check out the award. Thanks so much for nominating me!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much - it's a beautiful entry! Thanks for the lovely words - I also remember when I only had a few readers. I can't believe how many people read my blog now!

    Thanks again for entering!

    xoxo,
    Bethan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Bethan! Thank you and you're welcome! Yeah, it's grown so much >.< ^.^

      xoxo Morning

      Delete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Abigail Lennah