28 July 2014

Airshow | Birthday Party

I was out this weekend, but not for the reasons you might have all expected. Some of you might have heard my family was supposed to go fishing starting last Friday but bailed when one of their friends had other plans to go fishing at another place other than what we intended, so there was a major change of plans.

Friday turned out to be a typical day with that lazy vibe of sitting and falling asleep under the heat. With my parents out of the house for several hours, my brother and I decided to watch Batman Begins, after watching the sequel, The Dark Knight Rises, so many times. It wasn't exactly what we expected. My brother wanted out after twenty minutes, wondering why it was slow-paced, but I'm glad we pushed through. I really wonder why Batman ditched his wing in the second movie...

On Saturday, with the rest of my family, I went to an air show that happened only every couple of years. Before that, my family made a few stops to our library to check out books. Alongside the library was an event that was going on showing inventions. I wanted to go bad, but my family was on a tight schedule and you had to pay to get in. Something that we did see was a trailer shaped like a rocket, and the owners invited us in for a quick look. I really wished to have taken a picture of it, but I didn't want to be disrespectful.

After another ten minutes of driving, my family got into the air show area. We got to see military planes and the insides of them. There were tons of vendors everywhere, the aroma ringing in the scent of funnel cakes.

The first plane we saw was a Canadian plane that was docked, well, parked, and the crew told us a bit about themselves. They even gave us a maple leave sticker (picture should be shown below).


There were so many planes that were out and we were allowed to explore the insides of, I lost count! There were also areas dedicated to showing gear that the military had to use, and miniature surveillance planes. In fact, there was a rover that interacted with all of the little kids!

video

Finally, the time came when the main showing arrived! This show never fails to impress me, even after seeing it time after time again.




Finally, on Sunday, I went to my cousins birthday party. She turned four yesterday. The party was Disney princess themed, with Anna balloons, a Merida cake, and my cousin wearing an Elsa costume (though she claims to be Anna). Frozen and High School Musical music was being played everywhere. This was an event I couldn't take much pictures of, except for one showing another one of my cousins, other than the birthday girl, opening a box of pizza. Look below:

post signature

23 comments:

  1. How awesome!! I love the photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you thank you so much, Eve!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time! Happy birthday to your cousin:)
    -Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! And I'll tell my cousin you said happy birthday! :D She'll be really happy.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It is! :D (On your next post I'll be sending more of the questions to you.)

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
    2. Okay! Thanks for doing an interview with me!

      Delete
  4. That funnel cake looks sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? :D They're so yummy! I've been trying to find a recipe to make one for years, but I never have time to make one!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  5. The photos of the jets are impressive! Going to an air show would definitely be neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yeah; it is neat! I'm sad that it only happens every two years, though. :(

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  6. The show sounds so cool. I would be terrified to be in one of those planes...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The show is definitely cool. :) And some of the planes look like regular air planes on the inside! :) Nothing to be scared of there. ^.^

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  7. yummy funnel cake and the show sounds awesome!
    June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! Funnel cake is yummy ad the show is definitely awesome!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  8. Great pics! Oh and tomorrow is the last day to post pictures for the Photo Challenge! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anna! Yeah, I'm planning of posting the pictures; I just need to resize them and clear some things from my desktop. Otherwise, my computer is going to be super slow!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  9. Hey you´ve a great blog!
    Please check out mine and if you want we can follow each other
    here on bloglovin and via GFC?
    Let me know, now it´s your turn.
    xoxo

    http://www.styleshower.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Yeah, I'll be sure to check out the link, Maxine!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  10. Hey MorningTime4 - I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! You can read the full post here.

    Emily | Lynde Avenue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emily! :) I'll try to see if I'll have time to do it, but I'll definitely check out your blog!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  11. Hi Morning! I recently (by which I mean about 5 minutes ago) found your blog and so far it's quite good! I will be reading more of it.
    Emily :) lovemilysblog.blogspot.com, abookreviewed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love your blog, too! :D

      xoxo Morning

      Delete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Abigail Lennah