23 May 2014

Dog Days

Note: If you were here yesterday and saw that my blog was turned to "private," I'm sorry about that; see, I had another blog which I used to create my new blog design, but the HTML turned wacky, meaning I had to recreate this blog design again it in a span of three hours! 

Well, I can't believe that this school year went by fast! That is right, folks; while various parts world have school in session, our town is part of the small percentage that have finally opened the gates to let us set sail to summer. Unlike last year, the last day of school this year was a bit more toned down, treating the school day as if it were a normal day, and I was allowed to bring and use my camera to take pictures!

I'm usually not the person who shares what they wore that day, but for the last day, I decided to dress casually, like a casual summer day. Most girls that day wore dresses and skirts-- really fancy ones, too!


For the record, I didn't take German. One of my friends, Haley, took German, and because our Health class was taken in the same relo (you know, those cargo container classrooms that look like you are on a street than at a school?) as the German class took place, she wrote it to say hi to her teacher.
This was our last assignment of the year, which was to create baby faces, as part of our genetics unit. The drawing of a brunette above the word "Chemistry" was the drawing that I did. My partner did the biography. I know, I'm not much of an artist.


Now for some quotes from this school year that were absolutely memorable!
Math Teacher (spontaneously out of nowhere): I like Blizzards.
Me (running in the hallways with my ten friends running in the hallway, spots history teacher and runs up to her): We need to you sign us a pass. This is a state of emergency.
History teacher (in a joking matter): Morning, you caused me a lack of sleep! I just wanted to read Legend for thirty minutes, but the book was so good, I kept reading it! I even forgot my lunch at home! 
Guy friend (reading his take on the old man from The Monkey's Paw): "My name is Edward Cullen.

I am honestly going to be missing this school year, and the people I have met for these past two years! Many of them moved away the summer before, and now one of my really good friends is moving away outside of town. I wish we had one more week of school, and just spend more time with my friends.

If you haven't noticed yet, I have now revealed my new summer blog design! I have decided to go for a summer party sort of theme, with bunting and oranges and bright colors. Now, the bunting idea was something I got when my parents were watching the Filipino channel, and I, reading a book in the background, noticed how colorful the bunting was and how it seemed symbolic to summer. 

I'm just going to be cleaning things up around here for the next couple of days, like getting my blog title to fit in the slideshow header. Also, the summer meme I have been talking about for some time now should be coming around the first of June, when I have finally settled from the school craze.

My summer seems pretty laid back, for now. Besides the writing of a novel, I have recreational soccer which I started yesterday! I'm going to a youth conference for one week, and two weeks of construction camp, the same one that I went to last year! I may possibly be taking up ukulele lessons and volleyball camp I heard the last theater reunion there may be a slight chance we might meet up again, but for now, only time can tell. Ah, these dog days must be enjoyed while they can!

Anyways, what will you all be doing over the summer? Do you love the new blog design! I'd love to hear from you all! Stay strong and wonderful!
post signature

(P.S. check out this blog, Through the Eyes of A Writer; not only is she one of my blogging friends but is also a fellow NaNoWriMoer of mine! After her long blogging break, she's finally coming back to the blogging scene!)

10 comments:

  1. Your blog design is amazing!!!
    Could I ask maybe how you make the circular date header? Also the lovely slideshow? If not that's totally fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Eve! Thank you! The circular date header, right now, I can't find the tutorial to, but for the lovely slideshow, visit one of Anna's blogs here: http://areyouadragonmaster.blogspot.com/2014/05/tutorial-smooth-slideshow.html

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. I love your blog design. I have a blog too! The web address to it is below.
    thereflectionsofajollygirl.blogspot,com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jollygirl, and thank you! You're on the DG site, right? I recognized your user name. ;) Did you apply for the DG Summit this year? Anyways, I haven't checked out your blog for some time now; I should see if there are any new posts!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
    2. Yes, I am on the dg site. I love your comments on the site!

      Delete
    3. Thank you! I haven't commented on the site for awhile now, but I tend to read everyone's comments on there. :)

      Delete
  3. (Starflower here, if this name change is weird!)

    Oh, Morning - your new blog design is amazing. (I almost want to be a little rude and ask where you learned all of this, because this look is seriously flawless.) Anyway, your blog is so enjoyable to read, as always, and I'd like to leave some good wishes for your summer! School doesn't end for me until a little ways into June, alas. But all the same, have a wonderful break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Starflower (the name change isn't weird, by the way :D ). Thank you! Oh, and it's all right; it wouldn't bother me if you had asked where I learned all of these HTML and CSS tricks. I can't name the sites that I know of the top of my head, but if you type up "Blogger Tutorials HTML" or something along those lines, you can start finding stuff from there. As soon as I find out the exact sites I got them from, I'll be sure to comment on your blog and give you the links!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  4. I got a mini heart attack when I could not find your blog the other day. Your new blog design is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! :D Just wanted you to know that I did wrote a blog post on my advice to maintain long distance friendships. I hope it helps you! xoxo

    http://imcapturingsunshine.blogspot.in/2014/05/how-to-maintain-long-distance.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I worked hard for months to make this happen; and the post, I'll check out tomorrow! And I'm sorry about that; I scared a lot of people with that, too. :) I have to go to bed now. Good night!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Abigail Lennah