09 April 2014

Youth Retreat!

These were some pictures from the retreat (I went on one last year, mentioned here). Usually, we're not allowed to bring cameras or any electronic devices of the sort, but since I had homework for health involving taking videos and pictures of food, I couldn't avoid it. And some of the pictures aren't food; those were for the scavenger hunt that we did. Please don't take these images without my permission-- so, don't pin it on Pinterest or anything of that sort. 

Also, the last post... I scheduled the post, but apparently, it didn't post, so I posted it the day I came back.
Lunch: a burger, with tater tots and PINEAPPLES. I don't know why, but the pineapples there had more flavor than most I've eaten before.



Dinner: Taco with nacho chips and a fruit which name I cannot remember.



After dinner, we ate s'mores and sat around the campfire. 


I don't think this was the wisest of all choices, but we were fed ice cream with brownies after s'mores. It was almost midnight that evening.


Next morning, I got to try coffee for the first time!


T
This was breakfast. A bagel, grapes, strawberries, egg pie with tomatoes. The other two things that I didn't mention I ate were yogurt, and the brown thing is like apple pie and brown sugar.

Oh, this picture had a great memory with this-- the scavenger hunt. One of the things needed on the scavenger hunt was, "Something dipped in the lake." Well, the lake was frozen (no pun intended! But it was frozen solid for sixteen inches, and everyone skated on it). This girl who was in my cabin, and also in my scavenger hunt group, had a great idea, and we basically ran over to where the canoes were located and I took a picture of it, and we came running back screaming something along the lines of, "For Narnia!"


I love retreats, in the sense that one, we get to go outside of town, and two, I get to play lots of board and card games! I love board and card games; there are just so many and I enjoy them! I also love the outdoors. When I was younger, I could not stand a day staying inside. Have any of you been on retreats, or just go to camp in general? I wish that someday I'd be able to go to a sleepaway camp for a week! I have never been on one that long before. But if you have been on retreats or camp, how were they?

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Oh! (This is Starflower, by the way. Just changed my Blogger name.) I went to an outdoor school once - it was loads and loads of fun, but it was April and muddy as all get-out T_T

    This retreat sounds like it was great! :) Thanks for the wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Starflower! Outdoor school? Huh, I've never heard of it before! It does sound interesting! Speaking of which, how was it with your entry to the Art and Writing awards? Did you win?

      Stay strong and wonderful!
      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. That sounds awesome! I stay at church camp once a year for a week. Fun, fun, fun!! I love your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a week?! Lucky! I've never been on any trip like that for that long. ^.^

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
    2. Week-long trips are fun. At least, I hope so. I'm going to go on one this summer with my Girl Guide troop. :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh! That looks like it was fun. :) And, about the sharing part, I'm guessing you put up the Pinterest part because of me, since I'm kind of addicted. But I wouldn't take any of your images for it without because that's technically piracy which is technically illegal. If I found a picture of a quote or something on your blog, that would be okay, because whoever it belongs to had given permission for people to use it (otherwise it wouldn't be on your blog), but if it was your personal picture... I wouldn't do that.

    ReplyDelete