23 April 2014

"Uncharted" Territory

Hello, everyone. I haven’t posted in over a week—and for good reasons, many of them involving school. There are two track meets, one which was nowhere where our school was located and I had to arrive home late, the other I can’t go to because I’m going to the airport and I had to miss the practice day for debate. Our debate meet is also this weekend, and I have a field trip coming up!
Besides school, I’ve also been busy working on blogging... behind the scenes. I just designed the lovely Michaela’s blog, which you can find here. I’ve also been working on a summer blog design, which will be placed on my blog on the morning of the last day of school, and a meme/link-up/challenge that will occur over the summer! 
As you may know, I’m writing a novel for Camp NaNoWriMo, which I have decided to be rewriting once again during the July session. Most authors tend to base their stories of actual scenarios and characters off of people that they actually know in real life. My main character, Bee, is very flawed, and goes through her sophomore year fresh off from being homeschooled. 
Usually, my novels are based off of my friends, both past and present, and things I’ve gone through (which is the reason why I sign up and try doing cool things such as construction camp, track and field, and theater). But this novel? No, it’s different this time. This time, as Sara Bareilles sings, “It’s all…”
That’s the reason why I’m writing my novel, really. One of the themes is that everything is practically uncharted, and you’re going to have to find your way through this. :) 
As for who I based my characters on… their personalities are taken from different people, but really, they’re centered on three people that I’m acquainted with. I can’t say we’re exactly friends. Those three get along with each other well, and when you put all three of them together, they are practically unstoppable: the athletic, the artistic, and the intelligent. I totally respect those guys. 

I'm not writing this to show that some people are flawless; I'm writing this to show that people have layers. Bee, at first, is cold and really judgmental, but she'll realize that there's more than meets the eye, and the things that she believed was true, that some people are have all the luck in world to have these special skills. It's something that I bet everyone has to go through-- find what they stand for in their lifetime!


4 comments:

  1. Hey there, I just wanted to leave a comment and say thank you for following my blog. You have have nifty little corner of the web yourself!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really love your blog; it's so simple but beautiful, and I love the title. :)

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. Love that quote from Bee. :) Your book sounds awesome! If you want, I'd totally be up for beta reading it after you finish writing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that'd be great! I don't know that many beta readers myself that I can meet on a daily basis, but man, you rock! :)

      xoxo Morning

      Delete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Abigail Lennah