19 March 2014

"Let Your Memories Grow Stronger"

"Now we're back to the beginning
It's just a feeling and no one knows yet
But just because they can't feel it too
Doesn't mean that you have to forget
Let your memories grow stronger and stronger
'Til they're before your eyes..."
-"The Call", Regina Spektor

Aren't memories rather sweet?
Most of the sweetest memories are the moments we take for granted and never notice until it's gone.
This song is so lovely, but it makes me feel solemn on the inside, and a little sad.
Singing songs from Disney movies with my friends in theater (theater in general),
the random staring contests I had with my table group,
playing outside with the other eleven kids in my neighborhood that one summer,
singing "No One" in the van,
the pride I felt when I got complimented for my writing and singing,
these are some of the memories I would like to relive again.
So please, just take this from someone who knows,
don't ever take the moment for granted. 
Once it's gone, it can never come back.
Hold onto those memories forever.
What are some of YOUR favorite and cherished memories?



10 comments:

  1. I wish I could go back to those times when I was like 8, without a care in the world, just laughing with my friends (who, back then, were all my BFFs, because why wouldn't someone want to be best buds with me forever and ever, right?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Violet!! I would love to go back in time just to be a little girl again. Where I could play with my neighborhood friend,(we moved) Where every holiday was magical, and where fear and worry were forgotten. :) I love this post! Thanks for sharing. ♥

      Delete
    2. @Violet: Same thing with me! :)

      Delete
    3. @Eve: Yes, yes! I remember imagining that every holiday was special and magical. Sadly, it begins to go away during the teenage years, but as C.S. Lewis said, "Some day, you will be old enough to read fairytales again." Totally true, including the magic of holidays!

      Delete
  2. Some of my favorite memories are the late nights I spent with my friends, just lying on the couch and talking about life, going on the March for Life in January and making so many great friends, and the time I laughed so hard I almost passed out :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laughing so hard that you fall to the ground?! I do that all the time during school!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  3. This is going to sound weird, but I just got an email from YouTube of a YouTube video, and it said I signed up to receive emails from them, but I know I didn't. So the thing is, I think I subscribed or something to a blog, but I thought I unsubscribed myself, and now I can't remember which blog it was. So I'm just wondering if that email had anything to do with that, and if this doesn't apply to you, sorry :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm.... I don't know but, according to what I researched online, go to the little settings picture near the top right side of the page, and access the settings. Then go onto email and click unsubscribe.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. THANK YOU!!!! I love your enthusiasm!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete