24 March 2014

Amity Day!

So, according to this picture, it's National Amity Day. I wasn't whether to believe it or not, but I just have to clear this up. According to this old post n Veronica Roth's blog, National Amity Day is on April 27th, while according to this post on DivergentLife, to honor the movie's release, it's from 224-2/28 (an entire month ago!) but for the sake of it, I am still going to celebrate it. I'm still going to wear red and yellow on that day. Since the movie came out, I'm just going to go with what the picture said (I'll still celebrate it on April 27th, but I won't make a post about it, just like I am doing now). Goodness, I am making this complicated, aren't I?


Inline image 1

So today, I basically went out and dressed up in red and yellow. Those are two colors that I would normally not wear TOGETHER because one, it's too bright for my clothing range, and two, bright colors can make you stand out, in the sense that people will stare. The attention is something that I would only like to endure when I am performing, like during theater groups and such. I've attempted to take pictures of what I did wear via my computer's camera. My camera, on the other hand, which I normally use for pictures, is currently charging at the moment. Please do not take these photos and pin them or share them, etc., for these are mine.



Today, I also acted like the Amity, which wasn't that hard to do. The Amity's behavior is peaceful, playful and kind. The last two were easy to accomplish, because they were things that I did on a daily business and they were traits weaved into my personality. The first one, being peaceful is very hard to accomplish. I am normally one who takes action and another part of my personality is that I'm feisty. Hey, I can't help but express my feelings! 

According to page 42 of Divergent, the Amity's beliefs are "living in peace with one another, against aggression, kind, loving and free." Of course I would want to live in peace with everyone, yet who doesn't? As Marcus Eaton says in Insurgent, "The Amity will have trouble enforcing that policy.... How do you stop conflict without conflict?” The answer is quite simple; trying to avoid conflict is inevitable. You can reduce the chances of conflict, but other than that, there is nothing else you can do except to take action and resolve the problem.

So... what are your thoughts about Amity? Is this your faction that you would choose at the age of sixteen, or does your personality, views, and beliefs clash with this? Post your comments below! 





4 comments:

  1. I am Amity through and through. The faction literally describes me. If I weren't born into Amity, I would definitely choose it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Amity is a great faction; apparently, according to the aptitude test, I have an aptitude for Abnegation, Erudite, and Amity, but I'd choose Abnegation. But Candor and Dauntless sometimes intimidate me... :)

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. DARNIT i totally missed that! man..would've been fun. i thought amity was a great faction, and according to the aptitude test, i am divergent, but coring highest in amity. i'm not sure if i would choose amity though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do seem a lot like Amity, from your posts on your blog. But if you weren't Amity though, then what faction would you choose?

      xoxo Morning

      Delete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Abigail Lennah