27 June 2013

The Joy In Everyone's Lives

  There are a lot of things that people disagree on, from the biggest things in life-- like what companies are the best, or what electional leader they’re voting for-- to the simple, ordinary everyday things in life-- like whether American Idol or The Voice is better, or what cereal brand is the best. Yet there are some things in life that bring us all together, and that we can all agree on. One of these things that I think bring us together, are young children. To be more specific, babies and toddlers. Why babies and toddlers, you ask? Well, I’ll tell you, from something that happened yesterday. So yesterday, I was sitting down on the grass, watching my brother’s recreational soccer team play. They were winning from 4-0. There were A LOT of people on his soccer team, meaning a lot of parents, but mainly the moms (including mine!) were watching. One of the mom’s had a baby girl named Stella. For the past two games, she has been bringing Stella over to the games and let her explore the area we were sitting at. I haven’t really seen Stella in action until today. I was sitting really close to Stella’s mom when she let Stella loose, so instead of watching the soccer game, all of the parents on my brother’s team and their siblings (like me) watched Stella crawl around and explore the grounds of the soccer sidelines. She was putting ANYTHING that she found right into her mouth-- from the huge Powerade lids to the cookies her mom was feeding her. She went around, exploring, extremely curious--
She seemed really excited to come around where I was sitting. She was putting the blanket in her mouth-- so cute! Stella, all of a sudden, spotted my stuff-- an iPod, with it’s cover, my community center membership card and my cell phone. And did you know what she did with my stuff?
Yup. She did the exact same thing as everything else she saw. She put them in her mouth. Well, I freaked out. I was so scared, that I said, “I can’t watch her do this.” Then I’d try to look away. My mom said it was cute, but for me? I was still scared. Suddenly, I remembered something that my Home Ec. teacher said in class, “Babies are curious. To explore things, they put them in their mouths.” I began to laugh hard. I remember, when I was younger, watching some old baby videos of me-- and I was putting my dad’s hair in my mouth. “Oh, she likes shiny things,” said Stella’s older brother. “And phones.” That explained a lot of things. When we all had to leave, I was really sad to go. Stella was so cute! When we said goodbye, her dad waved one of her hands and said, “Say bye, Stella!” I was grinning from ear to ear-- literally. Also, today, while I was chatting with someone, this person told me that her younger brother was trying to sing “Call Me Maybe.” Since he doesn’t really know how to read or know the lyrics to the song, he sang, “And this is crazy... So .... Maybe!” I was laughing my head off. And that’s the reason I like little kids. They are the fearless, curious people that are living right now. They aren’t afraid to explore things. They are curious and wanting to know more about how the world works. Compared to many other age groups, they are the ones who, even for once, don’t say, “I’m bored.” In short, they are the people that are open to the wonders of this world. They're also so cute. :) When I was younger I learned that you can learn something from anyone, whether they are older or younger than you. And what I have learned from these young people, is that we should be like them! Of course, we have to be mature, but what I mean is, we should be open to the wonders of the world! We should go out there and be fearless, trying new things in life instead of being stuck at home, watching TV or drooling over the computer screens.
  So, what are you waiting for? Go on out there. Be fearless, and explore this world.
Aren't babies so cute? Especially this one!

4 comments:

  1. ���������� I have a baby sister, she's five months. And she just gives me the shivers! Whenever I give her a rattle, she would put it right in her mouth. Trying to get the taste of the rattle, it's smell, and it's shape. It scares me because, the rattle might be dirty. It is not intended to be bitten or sucked. Thought sometimes, I just let her. (I have washed it already) Yes, babies are truly fascinating! I have experienced this with all my siblings, I am the eldest of three. :) Do you have any brothers or sisters, Morning? I hope we could share our thoughts on this! :D -YBM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a younger brother-- he's two years younger than me. :) But in seventh grade, I had the same people in my classes, and we were all like brothers and sisters-- we laughed together, fought and made up again. :) -Morning

      Delete
  2. And today, Olly was singing along to his favorite song in the store, Home by Phillip Phillips. "DON'T PAY NO MIND TO THE......FEAR....TROUBLE!"

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Abigail Lennah