02 June 2017

Senior Bucket List




Today I'm unveiling my Senior Year Bucket List! I hold a love-hate relationship with them.

The love aims towards a list of aspirations but the hate because they take forever to with no set time limits. There are so many things that I want to do before leaving the nest (if that makes sense) but being busy outside of the blogosphere, it's practically important to give myself a time limit with reasonable goals that can be accomplished.

Three must be out of town.
By commenting that every tree is the same, you are undermining the tree's individualism, which is not okay!
-- Abigail Lennah, May 2017
I love the outdoors, but never had much of the opportunity to do so due to contrasting interests in my family. Traveling south but not taking all the opportunity of a rugged landscape, the mudflats, and wildlife that survives our harsh weather would be a disappointment. Nature is different everywhere—it can’t just be generalized into one overlapping theme and say that everything has been seen! That is why this is at the top of my list. 

Traveling outside of town is hard, but I’ve already accomplished heading out to one location which I’m excited to share with you soon! Other potential areas I really want to head off to are the mudflats, the town entirely built of boats, and the town bordering the second glacier. (If you’ve guessed which state I live, shh… we don't talk about that aloud.)

// BONUS POINTS if helping with the February snow race. Enough said. 
I’m so torn about plans for July, which is split up into working on the next book in my fantasy series or use it as time to work on my pieces and essays. I have plot bunnies in tow and I’m not afraid to unleash them! This year, I’m going all out and striving towards crafting pieces of the highest caliber. The general jumbled ideas: aqua ducts, the Internet, Kamakawiwo, and innocence. 

// BONUS POINTS if winning something at the highest level.

The goal is to complete my first novel and edit the second draft of the second novel in my fantasy series. New ideas for worldbuilding bubble to the surface, thus the slow progression to completion—just like this morning, where my mind wandered off and the next thing I knew, my notebook gets soaked with soapy water as sprawled writing about trees scribbled itself into the sheets, but as all writers know, it is worth it. As long time is managed well, this should be well-accomplished.

// BONUS POINTS solid outlines for the remaining installments are created.
Filipino shows + Food Network + National Geographic = 99% of what the members of my family watch. Most of the television is occupied, so I haven’t had much time to watch shows to myself. I’ve finished one show—Anne with an E, which is ridiculously good despite straying a bit from the books. I’m hoping to catch up with Doctor Who in time before Capaldi leaves the series (CRIES) and watch either Merlin or Sherlock. I haven't decided yet.

Poor Gil... well, he kind of deserved it. One does not merely yank hair and say, "Carrots!" What did he expect, a nice, "Yes, Mr. Blithe, what is it that you're inquiring about?" Also if you've seen the series and want to fangirl with me I am very much willing to fangirl with you and we shall frolic happily (although easy on the raspberry cordial).

One of the shows I'm binge-watching? Stranger Things! The terrible ordeal of multi-tasking on Halloween will irk me so as I ask questions to the television screen: Who is this lost brother you speak of, title release trailer? How do these new characters incorporate into the story line? How will Mike and Eleven react when they see each other again? Will they ever go to the Snowball together because I CANNOT NOT KNOWING.*

*Yes, I am a Mileven shipper; while I do enjoy the show mainly because of the fleshed-out characters and the incredible story, Mileven is adorable and by far one of most realistic couple portrayals in television today. DEAL WITH IT.

// BONUS POINTS if blanket fort is built during one binge session. Oh, yes, a blanket fort must be made. Blanket forts go well with binge-watching and I’m afraid one hasn’t been made since fifth grade?

The last dinner I made, chicken escabeche, resulted in melting the cutting board into a thinner layer which is MORBID, and me trying to pretend that the cutting board didn't shrink an inch in thickness on the edges by scrapping off all the burnt parts. The goal is to create ten meals without any disastrous results.

// BONUS POINTS for every meal that doesn't burn!


More of a reminder to myself, but it’s a project I’ve been working on since seventh grade. My darn good friend Procrastination hindered its completion every. Single. Time.

// BONUS POINTS if there's a new code name... because that's how long I've procrastinated.

Dancing is great! Jumping up into the air, engaged in deer leaps and doing movement across the floor is a favorite of past Wednesday evenings and Saturday afternoons. Dancing in an enclosed environment amped up twenty degrees with everyone dressed up? Not so much. 

I haven't been to either event except homecoming to help construct a Greek float with puns at the crowd during half-time of the Homecoming game. (Is that cheating a bit? Yes? No?) Prom didn't appeal much as a junior, and while I'm not enthralled entirely on going to a place well-known for its deafening loud music, it will be fun going with a group of friends who are as awkward about the situation as I am. There is one kind of homecoming I'm particularly looking forward to... Spiderman Homecoming, anyone?

// BONUS POINTS for fun pre-prom party photos!


Catch up with old friends I haven't seen in a long time. So much has happened since I’ve last caught up with friends—some of them are returning from exchanges, have new family additions, or are getting married which makes my jaw drop every single time I think of it. Keeping up with them is easy with social media, but I miss spending time with some friends who reside out of town. It would be great to spend more time with them, hang out, and do something fun, like doing a supermarket scavenger hunt!

// BONUS POINTS if most of one theatre cast gets reunited OR if you host a party.



So these are my goals for the summer! Did I undershoot or overshoot? Are there any suggestions for any add-ons to the list? If any of you are rising seniors or even if you just have a list for the summer, share them with me?

40 comments:

  1. Super cool bucket list! I have been wanting to watch anne with an e but I almost can't really decide.

    Nabila // Hot Town Cool Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nabila! Hmm... I'd say maybe ask your parents first if it's all right with them. Anne With An E is a bit more mature and does have some content does seem a bit eye-brow raising, but if you're allowed to watch it, then go for it! I won't be doing a review on my blog, but you'll see in a future post my comments about the show.... :D

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  2. Awesome bucket list! I love your goals, good luck on them. Also have fun binge-watching haha! This season of Doctor Who has been pretty intense but great. I'M GONNA MISS CAPALDI SO MUCH THO HE'S MY FAVE DOCTOR *cries*. Anyhoo, I've watched Sherlock (all 4 seasons) and I'm 99% sure you'll enjoy it. The last season was wiLD BUT GOOD. And Merlin (I just started it) is pretty cool. It has a detailed storyline (but easy to follow) and the acting is good. But the graphics low-key suck. :P STRANGER THINGS ASDFGHJKL WHAT EPISODE ARE YOU ON?! I CANNOT wait for season 2.

    Have a great summer, Abigail! <3

    anna | annaish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna! A bit of a confession time: I haven't seen any of the seasons with Capaldi because that was when my parents decided to cut BBC from our TV. *wails loudly* I'm hoping to start Sherlock once I complete editing my novel. I'm primarily watching Merlin begins it gives me nostalgia vibes though. And agh, I hate it when graphics suck! Sometimes shows can only work from what they've got. It's kind of like Stranger Things (where realistically I won't watch season two until the weekend after Halloween).

      WAIT.

      I thought you knew I finished!?!?! We need to fangirl right away and talk about how beautiful that series is and how poor Will at the end puking *insert spoilerly things*.

      WE MUST FANGIRL AT ONCE. I hope you have a great summer too, Anna!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  3. YES YES yes to everything on this list. My Irish penpal has told me to watch Stranger Things so many times but *sob* I don't have Netflix but I've somehow managed to see only the first episode so now I'm on this cliff between not knowing and like low key craving more... XD I wish you best of luck with all the writing endeavors! And Project Santa.. seems like quite the task XD
    Can't wait to see what else appears in this space in the next weeks!

    xx
    steph
    strictlystephanie.blogspot.com
    stephaniewscribbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OKAY if you're out for the summer and you have a friend who is kind enough to have a binge watching session or allow you access to use their Netflix account, you have to watch it!!!

      Project Santa actually isn't far off with the project that you frequently partake in (which also helped remind me: it's National Donut Day and I didn't eat any today, so thank you so much for that). Also can I just say your art is really pretty?!?!?!????

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  4. This a great list - I so want to watch Anne with an E!!!
    TargetGirl
    targetgirlonline.blogspot.com
    PS That cordial tastes a bit funny....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just like I told Nabila-- as long as your given approval to watch some content matter (they talk about it in regards of the content stuff that could either go over your head or catch on), then definitely watch it. It's not something that everyone will enjoy-- you'll either love it, hate it, or be in the middle-- but really watch the entire first season and form your own opinion.

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      P.S. Shhh... we don't talk about the cordial. xD

      Delete
  5. I love this list since it explains more than a bucketlist would... ya know? HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a ton of reasoning when I initially drafted this but then scrapped a lot of it because I didn't want readers to get bogged down. There are some bullet points I wished I added in sooner (i.e. "Hosting a small party" is one I wished I had added in separately) but it didn't happen. THANK YOU VANESSA!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  6. This is a great list! You should definitely watch Merlin, it's one of my favorite shows!
    I can't wait for Stranger Things season two :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I'll try to watch Merlin as soon as I can. I started delving into Doctor Who again and I believe I'm going to be stuck watching it for awhile! I can't wait for the new season, as well!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  7. YAAAAAS LET'S NOVEL. Right now I'm editing something for a writing contest (and I want to enter more writing contests too because #competitive), and also planning another novel. BUT I GOT TWO OTHER PLOT BUNNIES NIPPING AT MY FEET and IIIIIII aaaaam soooo tempteeeeeed. *cries* And I totally want to travel as well! This summer I'm going to Canada, and I know in October I'm going to Universal in Cali, but that's it. XD Hope you achieve all the things on your senior bucket list, Abigail dear!

    (BTW I got the link to the doc and I just wanted to say that June 26 works PERFECTLY for me!)

    may @ forever and everly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAAAASSS WE SHALL NOVEL ALL DAY EVERY DAY. What competitions are you entering in? I'm aiming at the national ones (we have some local and regional ones that happen only during the first third of the year, wHY). AND MAYYYYYY we have to talk about our plot bunnies!!! There's very little way to control them-- you just have to give in. xD Your summer vacation and vacation in October sound so exciting! I hope you have fun (cough cough um perhaps Harry Potter World cough cough???).

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      P.S. Cool beans! I'm glad that will work out! I'm so excited to unveil this, yay!!!

      Delete
  8. Nice post! I love reading bucket list posts. I recommend to definitely watch Sherlock, it is sooooo good, you get sucked into it from the get go.
    Róisín
    totallro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so interesting to read other's bucket lists, isn't it? It helps give insight to a person. I'm so torn, though, between choosing Merlin and Sherlock for what to watch next!!! Ack!!!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  9. GO ABBY! You've got this. It sounds like your summer is going to be absolutely fantastic. <3 I still need to make my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHOOP WHOOP GRACE ANNE!!! The summer is full of new possibilities and opportunities-- I hadn't realized how much I'm able to accomplish and explore until my mom pointed out all the places she wanted to visit this summer. I can't wait to read your bucket list, when you publish yours!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  10. SPIDERMAN HOMECOMING ADSFJKL; I am SUPER excited for that! Spiderman has always been one of my favorite super heroes.

    I love your list! It looks like you're going to have a lot of fun this summer! <3

    audrey caylin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spider-Man's one of my favorite super heroes, too! He was the first Marvel character I got exposed to as the movies with Toby Maguire (I think that's his name???) would play on repeat. Also, in my room several vintage eighties comics featuring his adventures are under my desk. He's by far the most relatable of the superheroes, but that's also because of how young he is with a storyline that's light. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE MOVIE <3

      I hope you'll have fun this summer too, Audrey! We need to make a NaNo cabin and just plan Word Wars with other bloggers. IT SHALL BE EPIC! xD

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  11. Awesome post, Abigail! It was so much fun reading through all your goals - and I need to watch Doctor Who at some point, because everyone and their pet antelope loves them xD. (ooh, and if you could email me/comment with some links to these writing contests you speak of, that'd be epic!)

    ~ Savannah @ Scattered Scribblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pet antelopes xD Savannah, you so need to get in to watching Doctor Who! If you're getting into the show, start from Ten (Nine is okay, but not really my favorite) although if you feel like that goes back wayyyyy too far, jump into the series when Eleven is with Amy and Rory.

      And ohhhhhh my gosh I FORGOT TO EMAIL YOU THOSE. I've owed you those for like the longest time-- once I get home, I'll send a list to you right away!!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  12. I LOVE STRANGER THINGS. Oh my goooshh it is so fun to binge watch. I can't wait for Season 2! :D In the meantime, I'd love to give Anne with an E a go. The books are childhood favourites, and personally I think I like the movies better. I watch the whole series every year. Anne and Gilbert casting is actually perfect. <3 Good luck with your writing comps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE STRANGER THINGS TOO. I'm so excited but nervous for season two-- I really hope it lives up to the expectations and standards it has set for itself! ^.^ And give Anne With An E a go! I love the book series as well, and while the movies were okay to meh for me, Megan Follows and Jonathan Crombie are just perfect. <3 Thank you so much, Jo!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  13. This is such a cute list! I hope you get to achieve everything, good luck!
    http://www.britishmermaid.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much for the encouragement, Cara. You're too sweet!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  14. Hey Abigail! I've just found out about your blog and I LOVE IT <3 I will definitely hang around here!

    Your bucket list sounds amazing. I wish you luck! I'd love to have an excuse to binge watch TV and catch up on some noveling, haha.

    - andrea at a surge of thunder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Andrea! EEEEPPP yay! I can't wait to stop by your blog in a bit; I just need to attend to some other blogging factors, but once after, I'm going to get lost reading your posts for awhile.

      Just catching up on noveling and TV shows is so relaxing, especially after being wiped out from the past semester. If you ever have the time to do so, Andrea, just give yourself a weekend of non-fast paced activities. You won't regret it!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  15. Such an awesome list!! Good luck!
    Oh I love Sherlock. I think you should definitely watch that ;)

    And EEEEEK I am also SO excited for Spiderman!! Tom Holland will be awesome, I'm sure, although I'll always miss Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone :( *sobs*

    Have a wonderful week, Abby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amy! Currently I'm still debating on whether to start Merlin or Sherlock next. And then there's also Downton Abbey I want to consider watching.

      YES OH MY SHISH KEBABS. I love all the adaptations that they've done. Tobey Maguire was the first Spiderman I ever encountered, although I adored watching Andrew Garfield and Emma Watson-- they both played and represented their respective characters wonderfully. I really hope Tom Holland lives up to the hype.

      I hope you have a wonderful week too!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  16. These sound realistic and fun! Good luck this summer! And if you ever need cooking suggestions you can ask here ;)
    YOUR PICS ARE GORGEOUS and your blog design is so fun and cheery. I'll definitely be sticking around.

    <3

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was aiming more so for realistic-- a ton of bucket lists have items that can't easily be done. Thus the brevity of the length as well. And ooh, yes, I will have to ask for those cooking suggestions sometime.

      OH MY GOODNESS THANK YOU SO MUCH ANNA. Doesn't the orange and yellow make everything pop with the blue grounding it down so it doesn't feel always bright? xD

      <3

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  17. I'm also going into senior year, but I guess my bucket list is more about getting into the colleges I want so that I can move to the state I really want to go to for college (California, heh).

    If you're looking for contests/lit mags to submit to, I just found a great resource: the Submittable "Discover" tab. In case you don't know, Submittable is an online submission manager that a lot of writing contests use, and you can easily sign up for an account. Then there's a tab in the upper lefthand corner called Discover, which shows you all the different mags and contests that are upcoming via Submittable!

    Good luck!

    Ella ~ Simply Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, getting into the colleges that I want too are also on my bucket list, but it's pretty much just automatically on there that it doesn't necessarily need to be stated. California sounds awesome! I'm thinking more towards the East Coast-- while I love the West Coast dearly, I'd love to be on the other side of the country for awhile.

      Thank you so much for letting me know more about Submittable! I sent an application to this one lit mag awhile back through there but I had no idea the system did so much more. I'll be sure to check that out much further in detail! I appreciate it. xD

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  18. i need to catch up with old friends too! i also need to remember that sending "streaks" to them every day on snapchat doesn't count as "catching up", lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's better to catch up with them now-- with senior year coming, it's going to be difficult to. And yes, true about streaks-- I can't hardly keep up with them, gosh. >.<

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  19. LOVED the layout of this post <33 AND YOU GOT THIS, ABBY. I'm rooting for you :) COOK TEN MEALS YES. Wow. If you need any ideas...ya know?? lol BUT cooking is fabulous and you'll do absolutely wonderful. I HAVE FAITH.

    You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU AUTUMN!!! You're like my number one source for cooking inspiration. I just made a pasta today and while it's dry, it didn't burn. That's a success, if you ask me.

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  20. As someone who has recently graduated from high school and moved on to college, the best piece of advice I can give you is to really enjoy this year as a senior, and make the absolute most of it. This year will really fly by, so it is good that you already have an idea of what you want to accomplish.

    I gotta say, I am not a huge fan of school-run dances either. There is just something about slow dancing that makes me feel...queasy. I went to senior prom with my best friend (my school required dates), and it was honestly one of the funnest nights I ever had. I am very happy I went!

    I highly highly highly recommend watching Sherlock. It is by far one of the greatest television shows ever created. It is so well written, and the plot is so intriguing. Each episode is like a mini-movie. I started watching it while it was still on season 2, and I had to wait two years for season 3, and then another three years for season 4. If that isn't dedication, I don't know what is! Oh, and there is also a Christmas special that is a must-see, so don't forget about that one!

    I need to get back into Doctor Who too, so that may be on my "sophomore-year of college bucket list".

    Have fun this year as a senior, and make the absolute most of it!

    Tara xx
    beweirdalways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still can't believe I had three years of high school under my belt! The thought that this all happened so fast while freshman me just wanted to see what the time was (my teacher embarrassed me about this) just freaks me out.

      Slow dancing isn't really even "dancing," but more of hands on the waist and people are slowly shifting their weight back and forth while in a circle. xD Your senior prom sounds really fun!

      Haha, funny, the time lapse between seasons is also another reason why I'm unsure whether to jump into it or not! Whether it's a book, movie, or new album release, I'm so impatient waiting for it to come out (like the last book within the Illuminae Files???).

      Right! I forgot you were already in college. *face palm* I'm so sad that Capaldi's leaving the show! My subscription to BBC got cut right when the show started with him and it's only recently I can watch all of his episodes before he regenerates. >.<

      Thank you so much for the advice, Tara!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Morning