07 May 2017

A Care Package



1 // A clean, empty itinerary. Disregard the flashing panic signs rousing your head into a heightened state. Wash everything away. The essay deadline, the need for crickets in your science project, the waning and waxing schedules of school, work, and theatre. Know that demands by others are there, but you and your well-being are ultimately the most important things. Do not be afraid to put the foot down. Today, this is the time for you.

2 // Deep breaths. Lay in bed for an extra hour, in that tranquil state where there are no plans and you can just glance up to the sky and ceiling and breathe in because / you can relax. / Now is the time to seize the day.


3 // Stress food. Tea, water with fruit, a smoothie, this is up to you. It is your choice. Choose your fuel well. "Toh-may-toe, to-mah-toe..." Bonus if cooking or baking are stress relievers for you, because it is a dual combo that can kill the anxiety. Boom.

4 // Friends. Call and ask them to embark on this journey with you. Kindred spirits and adventurers, that's what they are, and today the plan they face is uncharted. The plan, of course, contains wisps of uncertainty and daring poking away for discovery. A small party is enough.

4 // Relieving activities. Mop and slide on the semi-dry floors with wet socks. Spend some time reading and discussing. Watch foreign films, listen to TED talks. Bake, dance, organize your room and uncover embarrassing drawings from sixth grade. Dress up your dog (or cat)! Or perhaps, lay around and do nothing. Society may argue that it is incandescently wrong to stop in place in a world where the only movement is forward, but you have that ticket, the ticket to rejuvenate yourself.


5 // Go outside and explore. Follow the small pathway in the forest behind your woods. Bike along the neighborhood. Engage in the fun vigor the street kids on the cul-de-sac used to have until the demands of adulthood pull them away. Draw along the driveway, spray the water hose upward, do the blind makeup challenge outside. Yet why stop at home? Visit a matinee movie showing, look at the museum's exhibition on recycling, drive out and hike the mountains.  Engage in a scavenger hunt at the store.

6 // Fight back those stress-inducing calls some more. They will keep beckoning you. "Come back!" "Remember to do..." "You need to buy..." Just stop, stOP, STOP listening to those voices, at least for today. You are free from major obligation. Just as you told yourself in the morning, now is the time to seize the day.



7 // Take another deep breathe. Inhale, exhale. Good. Now drink some water.

8 // Sleep. Sleep, knowing that your aching creaking bones that hold the weight of life's crushing demands on your two feet have been rejuvenated. Sleep, understanding that while you have obligations and something that the world demands from you, that you are entitled to a good night's sleep. I hope you dream sweet dream, my friend, and have a good night.

24 comments:

  1. This was so relaxing oh my goodness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish that life could be relaxing at the moment but graduation has wiped out all of my energy. I really need to accomplish relaxing this weekend... thanks for stopping by, Grace Anne!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  2. MMMMMMMMMMMM Yes. Reading this post just made me wanna hop on my TED-Talk-a-Day regimen. Love how relaxing this was and the lovely tips. Have a lovely week!! <3

    xx
    steph
    strictlystephanie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAAAAASSS I love listening to Ted Talks! I try to listen to them every morning-- it's absolutely refreshing, although some of them are incredibly sad (i.e. the video game two parents made to honor their son who passed). I hope you have a lovely week, Stephanie!!!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  3. This is such a lovely post! Thank you for this :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Jollygirl! No problem! :D

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  4. I really needed this. Thank you. <3

    xx Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad this helped you, Mackenzie! <3 <3 <3

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  5. Wow, I really needed this, especially the reminder that it's okay to take a break. Thank you <3

    audrey caylin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is incredibly important, especially in a society that deems that we should always be moving at a constant fast rate. You're welcome. <3

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  6. aaaahhh thank you so much for this, abigail. (even though it didn't show up in my reader until today???) i've been so stressed lately from school, so this was just a lovely de-stressing post. thank you. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SCHOOL HAS BEEN SO STRESSFUL, YES. I finished all of my AP tests and the remainder of my classes gave light finals, but it's still incredibly stressful and I just need it to be summer right now. I hope that the remaining several weeks are less stressful. Remember to take a break every once in awhile, okay?

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  7. *sips tea*
    That, is a casually inserted moose.
    *is happy*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *also sips tea*
      Casually inserted moose are a staple from where I live.
      *smiles*

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  8. This is the most meditative thing. Like listening to rain hitting the windows. :) I think I'll go make myself tea now...

    A strange thought occured to me as I was reading. It was that if I ever have kids, I'm going to make sure their lives don't revolve around technology and that it's good to play by imagination and exploration. I don't know where that came from. But I remember having more fun imagining stories and playing pretend with my friends than I ever had by myself with my Nintendo DS (with the exception of Animal Crossing). Great point you made there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have any tea, but I do have apple cider at home, although one of my parents took some and that makes me a bit sad.

      I think you're right about the technology thing (I don't mind the off-tangent-ness of it at all)! For years I spent inside just playing on the Wii but my best summer consisted of just mingling outside with the neighborhood kids and just running around to explore. Less and less kids spending time outside-- it's time to reintroduce them to the idea of imagining without the need of technology to make it enjoyable again.

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  9. Cool! Thanks for sharing :)

    https://tizziestidbits.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. wooooowwwww this is exactly what I needed today! Thanks, Abi! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy hat this helped you, Clara! Whoo!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  11. THIS IS LIKE THE MOST PERFECT THING

    wow i need this tho

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOSH AUTUMN MY HEART <3 <3

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  12. This is probably the best sort of care package ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! And everyone needs a care package every once in awhile, right?

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Morning