31 December 2016

WHERE DID 2016 GO??? + Blogger Yearbook

Where did 2016 go? It only feels like a few days have passed since the first days of January, where I made the mistake of wearing dress pants during a two hour dance lesson. Despite being busy and somewhat incognito from the blogging world (which I'm going to try to change by scheduling a bunch of posts in advance), this has been such an amazing and beautiful year in its own unique way. Let's celebrate the New Year and let's get this throwback party started!

What happened this year?

 Driving to the place where we performed for Grease took about twenty minutes. At least it's scenic.

// Performing in Grease, also known as one of the most intense productions I've ever been a part of. Rehearsals were both physically and mentally demanding, spending hours on choreography and "unlearning" songs because the original Broadway production is raunchy compared its movie counterpart. It was strange to have to listen to tons of High School Musical two hours before call, though, but the cast was obsessed singing, "We're All in This Together."

The awards ceremony for writing also had a ton of art displayed, as well.

// My writing was recognized on the state level, which initially resulted in five minutes of screaming down the school hallway when the announcement was emailed out. This still makes me incredibly happy and want to continue screaming down the hallway yelling, "ASDFGHJKL," because creative writing! State level! Recognition! Besides, the competition is incredibly competitive and only a small percentage move to the next round of judging. I really hope next year, I'll be able to enter more competitions and potentially be recognized on the national level. Who knows?

The ribbon I got at the district level.

// Speaking of the state level, I took state in the language declamation competition! This wasn't something I expected to happen or even had in mind going in as I performed in the Spanish poetry section at the district level, but as the MC announced my name blaring into the speakers, I was in incredible shock. 

Cheering on our team.

// Softball. A lot of people I know say it's boring, but it's as intense as it gets. Despite wearing the wrong glove the entire season, getting hit with the heavy ball a couple of times, and sliding into home plate stomach first which earned a smile full of dirt, it's so much fun! Swinging the bat and hitting the ball-- it's worth it.

WE GOT TO MEET BAYMAX. 

// ATLANTA! And Disney. Georgia is the fourth state my family has traveled to, and it was fun visiting the Peach State (but not when you're going ziplining and it decides to throw a thunderstorm). Besides visiting many landmarks and college, we got to try interstate road driving for the first time to Disney and visit all the theme parks again.

Eighty's Marvel comics. It doesn't get better than this.

// Library volunteering. Many memories come from this summer volunteering: learning how to use the dye-cut machine and doing bumper rolling chairs with the oddest group of young grasshoppers are a few I can recall. The volunteering didn't stop there: helping Anime and Rubix Cube Club, finding the parody book section (don't ask), and running around trying to model books for the library's social medias were other enjoyable tasks.

We ended up using a lot of puns, some that hit a bit too close to home?

// The first time going to homecoming... Sort of. There was a football halftime float competition, and some people decided it would be fun to defy the candy theme by dressing up as Greek philosophers and blare "Chariots of Fire" instead of the conventional songs of "Sugar" and "I Want Candy." I was one of the fifteen or so people who decided to spend all lunch period Friday making Greek puns and getting up early Saturday to (try and fail) blowing up balloons.

Me before leaving to go out and drive again.

// Passing my driver's test! For the longest time, I was so lazy to learn to drive until a firm foot was planted down to learn the task. Every day, over the course of the summer, the car was taken out onto main roads, roundabouts, highways, anywhere that the testers would rationally make you drive through, and several months later, I passed the test in my first try. I know that having your license should be liberating, but it's not because l can't really use it due to the piles of snow and sleet on the road.

Lastly, before leaving to join everyone in the festivities, let me present the 2016 Blogger Yearbook! This has been such a tough compilation to pull together because nearly fifty people joined in, but nonetheless, all of the ladies within the yearbook are gorgeous and ebullient in their own right. A small note: some of you forgot to send me photos or if you did, they were too small, so I had to choose an alternative photo-- hopefully you're satisfied with the choice made. I'm so incredibly blessed to know all of these ladies in the community. Just brava. Feel free to go look through yearbook and let me know what you think!

48 comments:

  1. the yearbook looks SO GOOD! and it sounds like you had an awesome year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that the yearbook looks good! I wasn't able to work on it after finals and that stressed me out a lot. Super stoked for 2017!!!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. EEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP this is the coolest thing THANK YOU FOR PUTTING THIS TOGETHER *hugs you*

    also why am i on the cover?!!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW RIGHT? I'M SO HAPPY THIS WAS SUCCESSFUL! *huggles back*

      When I was designing the cover, I thought it looked too bare by just having grass and flowers, and it was really difficult for me to design something that would stand out, you know? This is about bloggers, and while I thought that putting one or a couple of people from the cover ought to do the trick, I also thought that it would reveal too much what's inside of the yearbook. We needed to show something that had ties to someone in the yearbook but not the exact thing, if that makes sense. So when you ended up sending those photos, I saw the peace sign photo, and I'm like, "Yup, this one has got to be on the cover." I'm sorry if that sounded confusing, but that was pretty much my mentality going in and designing. XD

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  3. OMGOODNESS MORNING THIS IS SOOO GREAT!!
    Congrats on the writing contest! THAT IS JUST THE COOLEST THING!
    Happy 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'M SO PUMPED AND SCARED FOR THIS YEAR. I submitted more pieces, but the regional level moderation was moved up to a different level so now there's more competition and plus I shared the competition info with this one person at my school so now I'm competitions against them but it's just ASDFGHJKL.

      Ahhhhhhh!!!! *poses with hands on cheeks, Home Alone style* Happy 2017!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  4. Wow, it sounds like you had such an awesome year! I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny! I'm such a butt because I wasn't able to keep up with your blog in 2016-- hopefully I can turn around and make that change this year, especially since your blog design has just been gorgeous, ahh!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. YES! :D I'm so happy that we got the thing changed in for you as well-- I honestly didn't catch the typo while writing it. O.O Happy New Year!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  6. Wow, the yearbook looks AMAZING! It's so cool what you've put together!
    It looks like you've had a great year! Congrats on the writing competition, the declamation competition, and your driver's license.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to do the yearbook again at the end of this year, eeep! I wonder what this year is going to bring. Junior year is going to end, and soon, senior year will begin... gosh, before you know it, Jollygirl, you're going to be out of high school. But while this year may whoosh by fast, let's make it memorable, shall we?

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  7. Wow, you did an amazing job putting this yearbook together!!! Thank you so so much!! What beautiful work. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sophia! I'm so glad that you were able to take part in it-- you're one of the many people I don't interact much with in the blogging community, but I hope that this year, that will change.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  8. Happy New Year! Thanks so much for allowing me to be apart of your yearbook! It looks incredible. x

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you as well, Guilianna! I'm so happy that you were able to partake in the yearbook-- the photo you sent for it is beautiful, by the way. <3 You're stunning!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  9. AHH it's so beautiful! Congratulations to all of you on what you created! I'm honored to be a part of something crafted with such love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pretty much had to hold in a scream when the cover was designed last, because it all came together perfectly. I'm honored that you got to be a part of it-- without the blogging community, this project wouldn't have been a success!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  10. Love the yearbook! Congratulations on your wonderful year :)

    xx Bubbles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bubbles, you're too kind! I want to see you participate when we do the yearbook again, okay? I hope your 2017 goes wonderfully!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  11. The yearbook looks BEYOND FABULOUS!!!! Major props to you for putting it together and sticking to it. You are amazing. Happy New Year, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, m'dear. Kind of terrified for when we make the yearbook again-- there may be even twice the amount of people that participate and honestly, I know there are just going to be so many people and so much piled stress unless I get some help from friends. :D Happy New Year's to you as well! I hope that your 2017 will come together splendidly.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. This is the cooolllesstttt beccause you and so many others joined in AND BLOGGING TOGETHERNESS JUST GIVES THE FUZZIES MHMKAY. XD Happy 2017 to you as well, Sarah!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  13. This recap is so awesome and inspiring, Morning! And the yearbook looks wonderful!! Amazing stuff .. happy 2017!

    anna | annaish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited to see what this year holds! (And terrified. College applications are going to commence and I feel like applying for scholarships is as viscous as the Hunger Games.) The New Year is going to hold good stuff for you, as well! Author meet ups, book conferences-- we're so fangirling together. :DDD To 2017!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  14. What a great recap!

    Also, the yearbook looks AMAZING!! Thanks for putting it together, Morning! You did a fabulous job! :) ♥

    ~Megan<333
    (megans-journals.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MEGAN HI!

      Thank you so much! I'm so happy that you were able to join in the yearbook-- it's such a nice way to look back and reflect, all while seeing the different people in the community. XD <3

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  15. 2016 sounded crazy adventurous for you, dear Morning. all those things. i'm laughing about it all. you crack me up. the softball stories. the spanish poetry. the irony of getting your driver's license and you can't drive because of the weather. goodness gracious.

    the yearbook looks superb as well. i cried some proud tears. absolutely wonderful. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're ever so sweet and kind, Cally. I miss chatting with you (the irony of not being able to drive slightly makes me bitter, but c'est la vie-- there's so much I want to share) and I hope that we'll get that chance. To talk deeply, even if only for brief moment she scattered throughout the year.

      I'm so excited to see what the future holds for you (especially on your new blog, yay)!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  16. Wowsie! You accomplished SOO much this year. I as well passed my driving test and it feels AMAZING amiright. But yeah, winter weather makes me not go as many places as I usually would. so it's whatever. at least you can say you have it. I also play softball and it's awesome...I didn't know you played :)

    Happy 2017...can't wait to continue to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have accomplished a lot, but you accomplished WAY more spiritually. Passing the driver's test felt AH-mazing (although I was slightly confused because the driver told me about the points so I had to ask for five minutes before he said that I passed). Winter weather here is kind of iffy-- there's so much sleet on the roads and it kind of makes one want to wrap up in bubble wrap.

      And yes, another person who plays softball! You're probably better at that than I am, too-- I had hardly pass the ball far enough and it's just hard to throw correctly, urgh. :P

      Happy 2017 to you as well! Keep on delivering your posts out of the park. :)

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  17. whoa Morning the yearbook is literally sooooo cool. *flails* and oh my goodness how is it 2017 already?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, you SO should have joined he yearbook because the flailing would just multiply so much it's like a flailing party. *grabs pool noodles and does the wave*

      I still can't believe it's 2017! It only feels like yesterday since 2016 was here. Oh, wait... XD

      xoxo Morning

      P.S. This is the one time within a century we can use the song from the Sound of Music and sing, "You are sixteen, going on seventeen..." Isn't that awesome?!?!

      Delete
    2. I REALLY SHOULD HAVE BUT nooo I literally just found your blog like yesterday *wails*

      oh my goodness that is so true and funny! XDD haha, I'm gonna go sing that in my sister's face now . . .

      Delete
    3. I JUST REALIZE YOU'RE A RECENT MOVER AHHH *goes over and reads blog*

      Haha, TRUE. I did the exact same thing to my brother before he was like, "Stop." (Which came out sounding like, "Stawwp." xD The Sound of Music is so good.

      Delete
  18. Your writing was recognized this year? OMG that's awesome, seems like you had a wonderful year! Wishing you the best to come this year!

    THE YEAR BOOK LOOKS SO GOOD! It looks so amazing! You did a really good job! Hats off to you! And waffles and brownies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WAFFLES AND BROWNIES ARE GOOD, TOO. *hoarks down the food* Funny, I also had those two within the past several days. I'm so ready for my writing to be shown to the world by expanding my horizons. I really hope that this also turns out to be a good year for writing, too.

      Thank you, Vanessa! It's amazing because of everyone's efforts! Thank you so much for sending those photos (I probably would have had a major freak out hadn't you, Amanda, Autumn, and Julia sent in reenforcements. Phew!).

      I hope 2017 is kind to you!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  19. You did such a good job on the yearbook!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kiley! I'm so happy you were able to be a part of it. Happy New Year! *throwe confetti* *gives out cake*

      TO 2017!!!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  20. WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS HOW MUCH LOVE I HAVE FOR THIS YEARBOOK!!!!! Wow. This is amazing. SO happy you had this brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'M SO HAPPY THAT YOU LOVE IT AHHHHH!!! xD I'm so glad you joined in on this, Aaliyah!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  21. This is so beautiful and amazing!!! I'm gonna have to go through there tomorrow and check out all the blogs. <3 THANKS MORNING YOU'RE THE BOMBDIGGITY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are just so many bloggers out there! Some of the bloggers in the yearbook I only met several weeks before, and it's so worth it to go through their blogs because they're the best. :D YOU'RE THE CRACKLE POP SIZZLE!!!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  22. OH GRACIOUS - MORNING *is in awe of the extremely epic yearbook* You did SO GOOD. Thank you for all the time+work you put into this! *hugs you*

    It was so much fun reading about your year - it looks like you had an awesome 2016! I can't wait to see what 2017 brings ;).

    ~ Savannah
    scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAVANNAH *hugs back* Thank you so much for being a part of the yearbook. You are amazing.

      2017 scares me. I don't know what the future is going to hold, but I hope it holds the best.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  23. DUDE what a packed year!! Looks amazing :D So glad I stumbled across this blog (: Also just have to mention that the yearbook looks soooooo lovely. What an awesome product of your creativity!! Hope 2017 has been awesome for you so far, and I can't wait to see what other things you've got in store!!
    xx
    Steph
    strictlystephanie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Steph! It's nice to meet you. 2016 has been a crazy ride. So much has happened, and so much is happening right now, even five days into the year! I'll be sure to check out your blog tomorrow-- it's getting pretty late over here! Hope to see you around often!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Morning