26 November 2016

In Which Morning Has (Another) Crazy Idea.


One of the biggest traits that strongly identifies who I am is the number of ideas spewing out of my mind daily, and while a lot of them are pocketed away in speculation, some ideas are too big to put aside. Today, an idea—defined as crazy, and somewhat hopeful in the time crunch given by the rest of the year—occurred in my mind.

What if the blogging community decided to create a sort of end-of-the-year yearbook, where all of us collectively organized everything together to place not just a snapshot of ourselves, but of the entire year? The time the project demands and the demands that life calls on us at the end of this year is insane, and while I know that this is potentially the worst time to plan something as grand as this, there is a good chance that we can pull this off. Certain details are still murky, but they mainly pertain to the design aspect.


This is a proof example of what the layout may be like, but it isn't the settled, in place layout for now.

This is where the blogging community comes in.

Below I’ve inserted a form to collect the main aspects each person in the yearbook will have: portrait photo, a preferred first name they are called, blog address, and a section like a senior quote, 150-characters maximum.

CERTAIN FORM SPECIFICS:
// As I know that certain people do wish to have their privacy protected or they're just really uncomfortable with photos (because I'm pretty sure that we have at over one hundred photos where we're caught making awkward faces at the camera). If that is the case for any of you, readers, may enter in a nom de plume that you go by in the blogging community and if you cannot show your face, you may use a photo that does represent you without showing your face, such as covering your face while reading a book.


// Photos must be in color, landscape oriented, and in the highest resolution possible-- otherwise, it may turn out grainy and pixelated. It's also super preferable to have it be a photo from this year, because if this yearbook idea is continued for subsequent years, then it would be neat to see how you have grow.





The one thing I would like to ask the blogging community before closing out this post is to invite bloggers to come take part in this. This is a small idea which can grow big, and for a lot of bloggers, they haven't met the other sides of the community, from the book bloggers to the thought bubblers to those who wish to carry out ministry work. Email blogging friends, share on social media, mention it on your blogs, do what you can to let this idea spread. The deadline call for submissions within the form is December 8th, which is plenty of time. If you have any more questions, ask below!


Ready to take on this seemingly impossible challenge?

40 comments:

  1. OH MY - this is such a cool idea, Morning, I LOVE it! I'll spread the word :D.

    ~ Savannah
    scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Savannah! Hopefully you'll sign up to do this as well, soon! The deadline may seem far, but it's going to come up pretty fast!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
    2. Yup, I signed up :D. I'm so exited to see all of this when it's done! *waits eagerly* How long do you think it will take for it all to be done? (and did my form come through okay? Just want to make sure you got it xD)

      ~ Savannah
      scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love this idea! Forgive me if you mentioned it in the post and I just can't find it, but what is the date you need this by?

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ellie! I'm glad you love this idea-- the deadline is December 8th. Thinking of a quote to add to your entry can take awhile, but if anything from this year has told me something, it's that time flies by fast!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  3. So glad you are.doimg this! If you need help sorting things or anything I mean anything let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to ask for your help if I need it, Vanessa! (We may need more help for the artistic portion!)

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  4. I'm so excited about this! If you need help with anything, you know I'm always just a DM away;) I'll be back soon to fill it out- I have to decide on my quote! But I linked it in my most recent blog post, and I'll be sure to keep spreading the word. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I saw that you linked it onto your post-- I'm super excited. So far, there is slightly a bit more than ten entries, and I'm really hoping that it would get up to the fifties range. If it did, I'd be super shocked but elated! Blogging togetherness is such an important thing.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  5. This is such a lovely idea!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it?!?!?! Hopefully I'll see you fill out the form soon, Opal!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. (The above comment by me did not work out...:'))

    Great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I actually saw your previous comment-- Vanessa from Simply Me had a similar idea, and I told her earlier today to collaborate with you. If you don't hear from her in a couple of days, just go find her and talk to her. ^.^ SECRET SANTA BLOGGING STYLE WOULD BE SO COOL, YES!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
    2. Thanks for that! The only reason I deleted the comment was because I didn't think I had the time to do it all myself, but with another blogger anyhing is possible!

      I'm excited for both of our projects. :) Will the yearbook be a post or some sort of document?

      Delete
  8. This idea is awesome, I'm so happy something like this has finally been created.

    - Audrey Blair
    loveaudreyblair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Audrey! I'm so happy to see that you sent your entry! Love your profile image, by the way-- Audrey Hepburn's sense of style is amazing.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Hopefully I'll see you fill out the form soon, Jollygirl! I know that you usually don't show your face online, but even if you send a photo where you do a hair flip / twirl and it covers your face, it could work!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you, Sunset! YOU'RE AWESOME!!!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  11. What a fabulous idea! I will try and spread the word to my small collection of followers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I can't wait! I should probably check out your most recent post... I'm so behind commenting on my Blogger feed, oh my goodness.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  12. This is so cool and so awesome! I filled out the form and I will definitely be sharing. If you need help feel free to contact me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that you filled out the form, Nabila! I know that it's only been one full day since the form has gone up, but if the trends continue at this rate in terms of artistic work, I'll definitely be asking you for your help!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  13. OH MY JELLYBEANS I CAN'T WAIT!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY SHISH KEBABS ME EITHER!!! XDDDD

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  14. WOAH this looks like so much fun!!! Also, I didn't realize that I wasn't following your blog! That's happening now! :) ♥

    ~Megan<333
    (megans-journals.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, I don't think I'm following your blog, either! Will need to fix that right away!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  15. Morning, I love this idea, it's so fun!! I can't wait to see the end result :)
    I'll be submitting something soon when I find time and have my life figured out. Stay tuned ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your submission several days ago, yay! I'm super stoked for this-- we're almost near thirty submissions & here I am just screaming, "OH MY SHISH KEBABS!!!"

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  16. This is a really cool idea!
    I might try and submit something soon...I'll have to figure out what I'd want to submit and stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sunshine! I don't think I've seen you on here before, but welcome! I hope you join the yearbook pretty soon!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  17. Morning, this is such a fabulous idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH MY GOD THIS IS SUCH A GOOD IDEA! I haven't blogged for 2 months..But I'm back and I probably won't get comments anymore. What's the deadline?

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so amazing! I cannot wait to see how it turns out. Sorry I missed the deadline. :)

    Aliah | Indigo Ink

    ReplyDelete
  20. How's the yearbook coming along, Morning?

    ~ Savannah
    scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This sounds so neat! If you ever do one again, I'd love to participate! How did that one turn out?

    Laura @ FlowersInMyBasket flowersinmybasket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Morning