26 August 2016

Tweet Tweet! Morning Meets Twitter




Hi, everyone!

Do you know how sometimes, you create snarky or sassy remarks you just want to share with the world, promoting yourself to share it on social media? For some people, there are several options. An example would be tweeting about it on Twitter. Here's the thing, though: I don't have Twitter, nor do I think I will get one in the near future. This is more under the jurisdiction of my parents, and I comply. If there appears to be an account claiming to be me, it may be an impersonator and neither I nor my blog are affiliated with that account.

Sometimes, my brain wanders around and creates these mental-tweets which sound ingenious. These "tweets" become better in quality when bigger events coincide in time. This has been going on for over two years now. It's about time this stepped into the proper light. Now, here is the big question that has been bothering me for the past several months: If Morning had Twitter, what would her feed on the first day of school look like?

I spent time coding a box based off of screen shots I've seen on search engines, which would bear similarities to both the mobile and desktop version. I wasn't able to code in the retweets, likes, and comments section of it, although hopefully you still can enjoy it. The post is also set up to portray the "tweets" in chronological order from top to bottom, unlike Twitter's format of most recent to oldest. In some senses, this can be referred to as a Twitter takeover-- a takeover of the blog!

Then came the difficult part: on Monday, at 5:45am, my alarm clock went off and I had to transform from sleeping zombie to actual functioning human bean sprout to create my "tweets."

Without further ado.

Morning Time


@upsanddownsblog
1h
That moment when your teachers wave hello but you’re still tired & accidentally reply, “Hello, my dear children.”


If any of you knew me in real life, you know that I tend to refer to people as "children," even though they're older than me. It does appear like a paradox because I am physically short in real life, but it's something that my friends have gotten used to. So,when I bumped into teachers and they waved hello to me, my automatic response just slipped out of my mouth. Whoops.


Morning Time


@upsanddownsblog
1h
REQUIREMENTS: Coffee, deep philosophical conversation & chill among close friends is what I need today.


Usually, the first days of my high school years often end up involving none of the things mentioned above. Caffeine just causes me to not fall asleep at the end of the day, almost all conversation is pretty shallow, and because a lot of my friends are either on the other side of the school or have classes that reflect mine backwards from morning to the afternoon, it's really hard. This year though, I (still) did not get coffee, but my face got slapped with the question of morality in English and my friend got into the mini learning community I'm apart of, which made me scream and jump up crazily for five minutes.


Morning Time


@upsanddownsblog
3h
Just finally hit me that I’m a junior. Gosh—I’M SO OLD! Meanwhile, all of the freshman I’ve bumped into are a foot taller than me. Great.


My fun-sized height has already been mentioned. Enough said.


Morning Time


@upsanddownsblog
2h
“I just realized the answer. I feel dumber than before. I’m now going to questioning everything in life.” – An AP Calc student.


This year, I am fortunate enough to end up being in the same AP Calc class as several people from my middle school years who often just helped me get through math classes, with the addition of several acquaintances from my underclassmen years. One of my friends found out that they just had to plug in the values into the equation, and it took him ten minutes to finally realize that. But this is literally relatable, on so many levels.


Morning Time


@upsanddownsblog
3h
Teacher: “Here are questions to introduce yourself.”
Me: “’Word to describe you.’” *thinks* *suddenly doesn’t know anything about myself*



Admit it: this has happened to you as well.


Morning Time


@upsanddownsblog
3h
When someone says your name in the hall & all five with the same namesake wave because you don’t know which person they were referring to.


This is also awkward when you know most of the people who share your real name in real life, and will sometimes cluster together in the halls because we all happen to coincide during our passing period between classes.


Morning Time


@upsanddownsblog
4h
When your friends are cheering about the Brazil vs. Germany victory in men’s soccer & someone says, “No, I didn’t watch the Olympics.” O-O


The Olympics are my life, okay?


Morning Time


@upsanddownsblog
4h
I’ve asked nine people to open my locker, and it still WON’T BUDGE. Urgh. 


At my school, we're required to use our lockers. The problem was that the lock would be inconsistent; the combo would always be entered but would only open once every six times. I had to carry my stuff for three days until the person in charge of locker combinations finally switched my lock out.


Morning Time


@upsanddownsblog
5h
Pressure for AP classes matches the weight & burden one feels heaving their books around the first day of school.


You have no idea about the content length of my APES book (Advanced Placement Environmental Science). You have NO idea.


Morning Time


@upsanddownsblog
6h
I miss just drinking juice boxes and taking nap time hours. 


Don't we all miss kindergarten or preschool? Unless you've been homeschooled all your life; in that case, you can continue to do this all you want. Homeschooling has never been an option for me because my parents are super busy with work, and no one else could watch my brother and I, anyways.


Morning Time


@upsanddownsblog
7h
The bus driver missed our bus oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh.


This gave me MAJOR anxiety on the bus. The bus stop is somewhat distant from my house, so it takes a long time to walk. That, mixed in with so much rain, ended with nearly being an hour late arriving to my house.


Morning Time


@upsanddownsblog
7h
After a stressful day? Time to eat muffin and try to make smiley faces on my graphing calculator.


All in all, while not the best first day (who does have good first days of school), it was quite memorable, in more senses than what was encompassed here: my friend told a joke about a tractor and won the corny joke contest, and walking around the commons area with the painted piano case while waiting for the administration to fill the period hole in my schedule.

I think it's great that I don't have Twitter, because honestly, I already blog. Twitter is able to encompass the little moments that we bump into in our every day lives. There's practically already much sharing on here, that to add on with a Twitter account would be redundant. It will be redundant until other circumstances require me to make an account, as if I get represented by an agent in the publishing industry and need to make an account as a platform to promote my novel.

Now that school's back in the swing of things, I should probably give an update as to how things are pertaining compared to the first day: everything has been going well, although my AP classes have been terrifying due to the workload that has been placed upon my shoulders. At the moment, I'm really unsure as to how to manage the workload, but somehow, I'll manage. In the meantime, get ready for the release of Paper Comets! More on that to come on another post.

In the meantime, tell me using at least one 140-character sentence: how has school or your last couple of weeks of summer been for you? Are any of these "tweets" relatable to you in any way, or I miss anything? How does homeschooling compare to the experience I had mentioned in this post?


31 comments:

  1. The last week of summer....*sigh* I feel like locking myself in my room just THINKING about the possibility of going back to school.

    "I wish I could go back to drinking juice boxes and nap time hours". I hear you. Things were so much simpler when we were kids, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps- I tagged you in my Blogging Community Tag!

      Delete
    2. Things are always simpler when we're younger, mostly because of freedom that can be opened to us. Hopefully the first week of school goes okay with you. If you're not like me and you start on a day besides Monday, then you're going to be fine. Wishing you luck!

      I'm going to check out that post tomorrow! It's getting late here, but thank you for tagging me! <3

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. Haha well these are great morning. I love the one where the teacher says hello and the answers is hello my dear or somthing like that. I always enjoy your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vanessa! Funny story: the teachers that I replied "Hello, my dear children," to were stunned speechless for five minutes. It was hilarious! xD

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  3. This is so much fun to read! Now I get the "Twitter that's not actually twitter" thing. XD I do wish that you had a twitter, because I feel like you'd be hilarious to read. XD But I loved this post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, I remember telling you and you just sat there like, "WhhWAT." xDDD As much as getting a Twitter sounds great, I'm still not allowed to and besides, I already procrastinate writing because of social media. I think I'm good! :P

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  4. that was a very funny idea. lol. I have no idea how you got those "tweets" to look like that but its pretty cool looking.
    I appreciate your humor. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Faith! It's pretty easy-- you just need to ID tag certain parts in HTML, and then from there, you just modify the CSS to make a square. And hey, I'm glad you got my humor-- then again, I have the weirdest humor and can spontaneously laugh at everything and nothing. ^.^'

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  5. this is the funniest idea, and the way you did it, phenomenal. i love your humor, if you were to get twitter, i think that i could read your tweets all day :P

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had this idea for awhile now, to possible do this like a series-- it may be awhile until another post emerges like this, since other social media aspects are either incorporated into blogging or are too demanding (like YouTube would be a hard one unless I made a channel and trust me when I say you do NOT want to see me babble into the camera). And if I did have Twitter, I wouldn't be tweeting as much as I did here-- maybe once every few days, at the best.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it, Oakstar! <3

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
    2. Oh, and I also replied to your comment about the schools on my blog. I had just recently heard about them too, they're called sudbury schools.

      Delete
    3. I'll go back onto your blog and read what you replied back in a bit!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  7. Now I only want you to come to Twitter more! You'd be so much fun to follow!

    x Envy
    Lost in Translation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could too, Envy! The blogging tribe is alive on Twitter, from what I hear! But alas, there are reasons why it cannot be, for the time being, although when the day comes I get a Twitter account, I'll let you be one of the first to know.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  8. What a fun idea for a post! Sometimes I think Twitter would be good, but I have to agree with you - I already spend a lot of time on social media. And yes, I definitely have had those occasions of forgetting how to describe myself - too often, in fact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes-- it's been such a long time since I've had a comedic post, so this was refreshing to do! Yes, describing ourselves is so hard! We want to come off as unique individuals, but at the same time, our brains just go completely blank as to what our response should be, emitting the words, "Uhhhh...." xD

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  9. HAHAHAH I LOVED THIS POST!!
    I still use my twitter (though it's nowhere as hilarious as yours would be if you had one) but I guess I don't have an instagram anymore and the blogging tribe is VERY VERY alive on there so I guess we both don't have one of those "main" social medias.

    Also, you are seriously one of my graphic designing role models. Your designs are always the best and YOU DESIGNED THOSE BOXES TO LOOK LIKE TWEETS LIKE WHAAAAT SO COOOL. You are so talented at that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY PANCAKES AMD (are you on team Waffle? I'm a nice person so I'll give you) WAFFLES AROUND! *throws confetti*

      I feel like Twitter would defintely be that one place to just sit down and be comedic, and yeah, I do agree that Instagram and Twitter appear like the two main places where the blogging community is very much alive.

      I KNOW RIGHT I WAS LIKE, "Wait, maybe image boxes don't appear as cool, WHAT ABOUT CODING BOXING?" I really miss blog designing, but I don't know if I'll have time to tend to the blogging community besides now frequently commenting and posting. I'll have to think about it again...

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  10. Ohmygosh, you CODED this? HOW. Just... HOW? I am very impressed by your skills and need you to teach me because I am horrible at it. xD

    Awh, someday you should definitely get a Twitter someday. Because it would be very awesome. xD

    // katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I coded this! Coding is really simple-- if you ever need help with anything coding related, I'm willing to help out. xD

      I've heard that blogging community + Twitter = BREAKFAST FOOD LEGENDARY. And breakfast food legendary is something that one must not simply miss out on!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  11. Haha I love these! You should totally get a twitter sometime :) This was super fun to read!
    My summer has been good - going back to school feels like a bit of a nasty shock though hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully the reading level was as high as the excitement of making these tweets!

      I KNOW, RIGHT? I had a test today and literally my brain groaned when I woke up this morning and realized that. You have no idea how much more time we need to recuperate and just relax. *insert pained laugh here*

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  12. I can definitely relate to "when someone calls your name and five people look." Ella is a super common name at my school. When someone says my name they're almost never referring to me!

    I'm a junior this year, too. Already stressing about SATs--and school doesn't even start for another two days!

    Ella ★ Simply Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The name struggle is super real. My actual name is about just as popular as yours, and it can be tiring when the teacher just refers to you by your last name because they can't keep the right person to name call straight.

      How did the first day of school go? I'm also stressing about SATs-- and I'm not taking them until winter or spring! I'm taking the PSAT roughly two to three months ago, and that terrifies me so much. Junior year has so much testing, urgh. DX

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  13. I loved this post. You have a great sense of humour, Morning.

    -T.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. these are totally relatable... lol. i started school today *cue sarcastic jazz hands* and i'm ready for summer already ;p

    xoxo,
    m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agh, I feel your sarcastic jazz hands. *cue sympathetic jazz hands*

      xoxo Morning

      Delete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Morning