14 August 2015

Summer Rewind // 2015


The summer season is coming to a close and with each passing day, school drawing closer, the first day being on Wednesday. I’m attempting to enjoy the last few free days I have by visiting attractions in my town and getting ready for something driving related of the sorts.

Last year, I ended creating something known as the Summer Rewind Tag. This year, I’m going to do the same thing, without the tagging portion of it. Sometimes, it’s best to reflect at what you did over a span of time to give yourself a reality check of what’s going on! In no order, these are the three main things that occurred in the summer:



1. My vacation to the Philippines.
My family ended up traveling to the Philippines to attend a family reunion, which was a fun time. If you want to read my log about the vacation read this post here.


2. Interning at Summit Media.
Interning was one of the most demanding yet most fun experience ever! I’m not sure whether I will undergo another internship in my town (it’s all up to what my parents think) but it’s something that I surely won’t forget!


3. Park Exploration.
Through the entire course of the summer, my family ended up visiting several parks, both in town and in the Philippines! The photo above was taken by me, but the flowers were collected by my brother, who started a picking trend with my cousins.



4. Youth Conference.
This was my second year in attending my youth conference, where all of the youth in my state gather to learn more about my faith. I got to meet the new youth group leader there and hike up a mountain—sadly I couldn’t make it to the top since I was too slow!


5. Movies
Over the course of the summer my family has watched plenty of movies. The list is Avengers: Age of Ultron, Jurassic World, Minions, Inside Out, Ant-Man, and Mission Impossible, Rogue Nation! Who else has seen these movies?

Back in the month of May I also participated in the Summer Bucket List tag and I have completed all things on my list but three: complete a photo-a-day summer challenge, attend writer groups, and use my bike more… well, I half completed the last one. I used a scooter instead and you will see what that scooter looks like about the weekend after school begins.

Speaking of the end of summer, my family finally went back to the cardiologist on Monday and there is a way to get rid of my irregular heartbeat by a small procedure! The part that terrifies me is that there will be thin tubes entering my blood stream through my legs and neck and the ends of these tubes can heat up and kill cells. The fact that I will be sleeping the entire time only eases my nerves slightly.

Excuse me as my blog will be mostly silent for the rest of the week; my family will be out of the house visiting a place that I will blog about (I’m super excited to go there, yay) and unless you are afraid of the depths of ocean water, I bet you all will like! Don’t worry, it’s not that scary.
In the meantime, don’t hesitate to strike up a conversation with me in the comments! Talk to me about what you’re looking forward to in school (or dreading), what your favorite ice cream flavor is, even what is up on the ceiling; I’d love to hear from you all!



31 comments:

  1. This is an awesome idea and also gave me an idea about the blog posts I missed. Smart idea!
    Awesomebloggerblack.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mia! If you want to go on ahead and post a post similar to this on your blog, go for it! Be sure to let me know when it's up so I can read it, all right? :)

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. It seems like you've had a lot of fun over the summer? How was Mission Impossible and Minions?
    -Jollygirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thank you! Minions is okay-- it's not as good as the two Despicable Me movies, but it does have some light funny moments (plus, BOB IS JUST SUPER CUTE). I never had watched the previous Mission Impossible movies before the one that came out, but it was easy to follow and there is one funny line that keeps coming up from the director of the agency Ethan Hunt works with. Besides India, what else did you do over the summer, Jollygirl? ^.^

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  3. You have done a lot of cool things over the summer. What was your favorite?

    http://hottowncoolgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think, out of all of the things I did, I enjoyed park visiting, but the place I will be heading out to this upcoming Sunday may beat it! There was also an incident that was extremely embarrassing for me but hilarious at the same time, but that's a story for another time. Nabila, what did you enjoy this summer?

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  4. I love this post! I'm not looking forward to anything in school....not because I don't like it but because I don't have it this year! *happy dance* Favorite ice cream flavor is raspberry truffle. And what is up on the ceiling is a scratch-stain thing. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah! You're so lucky to not have school? Are you in college or even just a soul out loving and wandering the world (because ugh, if so you are super lucky).

      WHAT I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS ICE CREAM FLAVOR BEFORE. It sounds yummy, but pretty much anything with berries is yummy! A... A scratch stain thing? That sounds scary! XD Right now all I see are white bumps from the paint on my ceiling; it's just of just plain. But a stain makes things so much more interesting!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  5. It sounds like you had a lovely summer, and I hope that you enjoy the rest of it! I'm so sad that it's almost over, but I'm excited for the autumn weather ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! I love the fall weather, too. As much as stressful school is summer can get boring for me depending on the amount of activities I'm allowed to do... Usually I'm restricted to just staying at home, thus why I love the school months. What's your favorite thing about the fall weather? The leaves changing col

      Delete
    2. *color? Agh, sorry, I'm on my phone and when I try to press the right buttons it completely hits the wrong one.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  6. Your summer sounds like a lot of fun! I love your photography and thanks for linking back so I could catch up :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Arushee! It was fun-- not exactly my favorite summer but not the worst one, either. Will you be writing a post about your fine arts camp? I know you've recently got back from it but goodness, fine arts camp. I'd like to go to one but my parents can be so sheltering sometimes with long distance trips! How was the experience?

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  7. It sounds like you've had a great summer! Your internship sounds absolutely amazing.
    Favourite ice cream flavour- cookies 'n' cream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Oakstar! Ooh, cookies and cream is one of my favorite ice cream flavor too, but my main favorite is mint chocolate chip! I also love how you spelled "flavour" and "favourite"; I don't know why, but I prefer that sort of spelling over how I have to spell here; if I try to write that on my phone autocorrect would just keep on changing. It must be because it just makes the words seem... I don't know, sophisticated. Do you think adding "u"s makes some words seem more sophisticated and classy compared to spelling the words without the letter u?

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
    2. Oh yes, the letter u just adds a certain flair that no other vowel can ;)
      And it's also because the Britts spell it like that as well, and let's be honest, everything is way more sophisticated in Britain XD

      Delete
  8. I love your blog and all the pictures!! :)
    http://everydaylifewithjessann.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess Ann! I love your blog too! <3

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  9. Woah, your summer sounds so amazing. I mean, when I look back at mine, I'm just like, "Well, I wished I was a potato." Nothing really much happened. Probably the most exciting thing was taking pics for my summer memories album that i wanna make ^_^ but yeah, i'm kinda dreading school. I'm going to be on the newspaper staff, and I went and lost the paper they gave me at the end of last school year, so I'm not sure how that's gonna turn out. Yeah well, it's life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Potato dreams, huh? XD Well, at least you have photos of the summer to remember. (If there are any spelling mistakes, Ik sorry; my brother is lurking over my shoulder wondering who and why I'm commenting back." Good luck with the school paper! My school doesn't even have a paper (not sure why) but it has several social media accounts other than Facebook, which is super weird!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  10. Woah, We didn't really go anywhere! Except that my granmother came and left in a mont, and that was all. I was like, WHAAAAA?! NOW! and now School's also startig for me and I HATE it. Last week I was like, trying to go to school in my dreams and it turned out to be a total NIGHTMARE! So now I want to go to School, but In a week, I'll be wanting to leave School. I only go to school for friends, not for studies! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really sorry for the spelling mistakes!

      Delete
    2. Hey, no problem with the spelling mistakes. I have a thing with words not being spelled right but lately I've been frustrated spelling the word "Wednsday" incorrectly, so it's all good.

      Let me be honest with you: I'm okay with school, and there are times I actually kind of like it, but my family is always like, "School 24/7! GET THAT IN YOUR HEAD!" And I'm here like, "I need a life outside of school."

      As much as I don't like having to study and have school be my main thing, it's important to pay attention. You're lucky to have an education-- there are many out there who would fight to have one but are banned from having on. So, yeah, even though hanging out with friends and meeting the world is a great way of walking through the school of life (my kind of studying), education is another important walk-- but it's up to you to decide.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  11. wahey, sounds like your summer was superb. gosh, i feel like this summer has flown by so fast for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I literally swore that just yesterday I hosted a party, but nope. Wow. Time just seems to fly faster and faster as we grow.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  12. Your summer sounds awesome! Looks like you had a lot of fun:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Devanshi! :) How did your summer go?

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  13. Ah, summer. I'm sad it's coming to a close. But this is my last year of high school (whoop whoop) so the sooner it comes, the sooner it can pass! ;)

    And can we just take a moment to marvel at your mad photography skills? GAH, I'm so jelly. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Most people on social media have been posting "RIP Summer" posts and it's just been kind of sad... I'm going to miss the summer season but I'm pumped for school. At least you're a senior! Don't suffer from senioritist too fast.

      Aww, thanks darling-- but yey, when it comes to design, you're the queen. XD

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  14. This is a really good idea! And your summer sounds great! You did so many things that my summer seems pretty boring comparing it to yours. I would love to do an internship, but I have no idea where to look for something like that. I have two more weeks of holidays, but it went by so fast! Good luck for Wednesday!:) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D If you want to search up places to intern or volunteer, just research online some things that cater to your interests in the area, and ask around; that's how I find activities to do. Enjoy the last two weeks of vacation; knowing the school year, we all are going to need it! ^.^

      xoxo Morning

      Delete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Morning