07 August 2015

A Letter to the New School Year


Dear New School Year,

Your older brother, 2015, decided to fry my brains out when the last few weeks of May this year came rolling about, and when my final grades came about, I did mostly okay. I'm still trying to sedate my brain and recover by listening to the voices of Nat King Cole, Barbra Striesand and the Beatles, but it does not seem to help improve my state.

The experience I had with your older brother was okay, except for some small parts, it wasn't entirely that memorable. Maybe it's because I expected too much from him because your even older sister-- 2014-- started off mediocre and slowly to be a great year.

I don't want to expect a lot you seeing that I am unaware what the future holds, but being the open-minded optimist that I am... Well, I have some things that I would like to see.

I need time to balance out everything-- school and my fine arts activities, mainly. I experimented loads on your brother because I didn't know what worked, and I finally pieced together a schedule for studying during the theater season.

The classes I'm taking will be much hard than last year. To balance Pre-Calculus and Chemistry while dealing with two toughest of all the teachers in the mini-school program I'm in for Language Arts and World History sounds intimidating, but I'm excited for it.

I checked my schedule online again to see if my schedule was fixed and read up what the course descriptions were (because I'm a total weirdo) and it turns out, I'm taking an advanced upperclassmen English course, and the class that I am supposed to take with you, New School Year, I had taken before-- and that scares me.

Sometimes, I don't even know how much power my writing tends to hold. I already set the super bar super high last year.

Mentioning writing, I want to receive one of those whack-a-mole hammers so I can smash Procrastination, my nemesis. I've been writing the first book in a novel series for about five years, and after about three drafts and multiple edits, it's still not exactly in the prettiest state.

I haven't even started on my two bred-horse ideas, and it's terribly important that I start writing about it. Mentioning rocks and cookie cutters multiple times makes everyone wonder why.

Procrastination teams up with Indecisiveness and Uncertainty whenever I enter the theatre world. Before auditions I research tons about the play. Finding the right pieces to perform and present with all of my skills to the directors without hurling out what became of my chocolate chip granola bar or sounding super shaky is a hassle for me.

It's been three years that I have been in the theatre world if I exclude the two plays I did in elementary, but I haven't gotten a lead role... And there's a certain lead for a show I'm eyeing on (New York City in the Roaring 20s and singing about not needing a man in real life is a thing I'm into)-- I really need to work hard when I go to performance classes on Saturdays. "Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard!"

Gosh, that's a basketball saying. The amount of NBA my entire family watches while I read in my room must really start to sink in me.

Let's make this a great year. 
With the best of luck, Morning

P.S. I will do Battle again and when I'm picked on the team and Battle day comes, OUR TEAM WILL PREVAIL, GO TO STATE, AND DOMINATE. We missed it by one question last year...

35 comments:

  1. Great letter! Sounds like you have lots of things planned this/next year - best of luck Morning!

    xoxoxo
    www.whatlexieloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love new school years, because it's like a fresh beginning for better grades and progress in co-curriculars. It sounds like you have a great plan for the coming semester, and I hope you manage to achieve some goals ;)

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beginning of school always brings me hope that it will be a good year-- it really depends on how many times I say yes to good opportunities and how many times I don't go through the motions to be able to measure how good the school year is. Thanks, M!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  3. You take your hammar and smash procrastination hard for me! You're gonna rock this school year, Abby;) don't let him getcha down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! We should make like a whack-the-procrastination game! It would be fun!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  4. Wow, so creative! Mind sending me that hammer when you're done with it? I'll be needing it as well heehee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I'll totally mail you that hammer when I'm done using it. Too bad it can't be mass produced... XD

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  5. How creative!
    I really enjoyed reading this, Morning. I think I need to do this <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jordy! If you decide to do this, you've got to tell me; I'd love to read it!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh, this is so awesome :) You are so creative and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you, Lauren! <3

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  7. First: The Beatles is great.
    Second: It's okay, I look up the course descriptions too. XD
    Third: Gah, I am such a procrastinator. Let's join forces and battle Procrastination together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *The Beatles are great.

      (Sorry, that bugged me. XD)

      Delete
    2. 1. The Beatles are AMAZING yes.
      2. Yeah, I'm not the only one! High five to course description readers!
      3. Yes! Procrastination is such a huge bully... it needs to be tackled and sent away!

      xoxo Morning

      P.S. No biggie on the grammar problem-- I'm like that too, but with spelling!

      Delete
  8. Your writing never ceases to amaze me! And you're a huge inspiration to me in the theatre sense, you make me want to go out and do something great ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally can go out and do something great, Amy! Nothing has to stop you! Thank you so much!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  9. Good luck Morning! I hope you have an amazing school year! Don't stress too much :)

    ❤ Blaze Ann
    www.p31beauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Blaze Ann! I hope so, and same to you! You're going to be a junior this year, right ^.^ Good luck!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  10. Awesome letter! Good luck when school goes back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Opal! I appreciate it!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  11. Another creative, awesome post, dear! <3
    Good luck on the coming school year! :D
    -Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Clara! When does school start for you? ^.^

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  12. Hehehe, that was a very creative post, Morning (: Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elisabeth, thank you so much!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  13. Awesome letter VERY creative

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a great post idea.

    Best of luck with the new academic year; it's bound to be prosperous for you, in terms of achievement.

    Kate x
    www.theteenaspect.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally go out and try it, if you feel like you want to post something similar to the lines of this post! Thank you! Also, congrats to winning Cindy's writing contest! I love your entry!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  15. haha, this is a really good idea! i hope you rock this school year, and to be completely honest, i'm kinda having my own doubts about it, but whatevs. it'll be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Autumn! Aww, what's making you feel doubtful about it? Keep your chin up. I wish you luck! :D

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  16. This is a very creative post!
    I wish you luck on your school year!
    -Jollygirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jollygirl! <3 :D

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  17. That letter is awesome! I would never think of writing something like that. I'm quiet scared of the new school year as well, even though I don't have that many activities beside school. We probably have theatre in my school as well, but I've been so shy since starting high school that I would probably freeze in the audition. Good luck and let me know how it goes! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been in school for the past few months, since I live in the East. It's been okay, I guess? By the way, I'm hosting a blog chain and it'll be great if you could join (no pressure though)! Here's a link: http://theparadoxicanomaly.blogspot.in/2015/08/the-paradoxic-anomaly-blog-chain.html

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Morning