31 July 2015

The Ink Pen Bleeds


Hello, everyone! It has been about two months since I have filled you with words from my beat up notebook. I know that some of you crave my writing, so today, I bring you two pieces for a contest and a tag from two different novels of mine.

The first thing tag that I have is the 777 Challenge tagged to me by the creative and talented Christina! The rules are to share 7 lines from the 7th page of one of your manuscripts. Then, tag 7 bloggers. You can read a snippet of her challenge response here

This snippet is from Of the Bumbling Bees (it's one of my main works-in-progress, as well as a working title) where my rather calculating protagonist attempts to initiate a conversation with someone in the library.
“Can I help you with something?” a voice whispers to me, causing me to bump my head back against the bookshelf. The one place that I wish to seek refuge appears not as private as it seems. I glance up to the direction of him—the voice belongs to a male— whose Adam’s apple has not grown to its full extent. His face is covered by a copy of Fahrenheit 451.

“You seem roughly about five feet, six inches tall and about 150 pounds in weight. I gaze at his stature, I did not pause to curate my thoughts as I continued, “Did you undergo through puberty at a late age?”
Hopefully this gives you an... interesting insight into my character. Now, I will tag:

Kate || Opal || Cindy || Cally || Anyone else who wishes to do this || You!

Next on the list, I have decided to enter in Cindy's writing competition, in the category of, "Your character decides that they have unique powers." I had originally written two pieces to go with this category, however, the other piece ended up being a bit too "dark". 

This piece I am presenting to you right now is from the sequel to my novel Hidden in the Shadows, where a series name hasn't been decided yet because I am quite indecisive on those sorts of things.



"You blockhead!" I snarled. Jack, one who dared calling themselves my friend, slowly began to back to the single leafless birch tree that stood out in a faded naked wasteland. "You insufferable troglodyte! You're supposed to use your powers for good, not for some shallow pranking scheme!"

"Daniella," Sam warned me, "that's enough. All he did was heat it up." I raised my fist. He tried to act as a shield between the perpetrator and myself, but in his eyes I could see he was attempting not to have to grab a hold of the sticky tar encapsulating my body.

From behind the tree, I saw Christina's mouth gaped wide open. "Y-Y-You need to calm down, D-Daniela. Use logic, not emotion. Y-Y-You say what happened to the three of us wh-when--"

"Christina, do you think I care? Oh my-- for goodness sake, you aren't doing anything useful! Always being so passive and timid. Just shut up!" With my last three words, energy pulsed through my wrists. The air around us began to feel tingled, as if pins and needles spread all throughout our bodies.

Then everything exploded loose.

Air surged from my wrists and began to sweep around me. I was inside a weak tornado expanding its area with each second. My brown hair danced violently in the wind, which frantically portrayed my fury and frustration to Jack and Christina. I couldn't see the other members of our quartet. I'm terrified. I screamed, "What's happening?"

No reply.

"What's happening?" I called out much louder. I attempted to clench my fists shut, the power source of this newly created monster, but the force only caused my hands to merely bounce of. From the outsides of the tornado appeared to be blasts of fire, water, and earth, striving to break the swirling fury.

Christina cries out faintly, "Let it go! When any of us let our emotions dictate our actions, our body and soul attaches to our earthly feeling, turning our powers into something we cannot control. More specifically, it becomes--" Another roar of fire muted her words. "Air is the trickiest!"

"You merely overreacted to what I did! If you took it as a joke, we wouldn't be in this mess." Jack said. "You could have calmed down, Larson."

"Overreacted?" The power of the wind from my palms multiplied by a factor of five. "I don't know who you are, Smithen, but I swear, when I get out of this here, I'm going to--"

"CALM DOWN, PIZZA NOSE! IF YOU DON'T STOP SOON, WE WILL ALL DIE BECAUSE OF YOU!"

Goodness, I wanted to throw a rock at Jack for teasing me about my bridge of freckles for the countless time, but I was scared, and my powers couldn't dictate the earth. Oh, how much I wished that my powers were something substantial! Out of twelve months four of us discovered this alternative magical, never once have I realized why I was always told to mediate constantly and not cling onto anything. I blinked. Was it just me, or was the tornado tinted slightly purple?

Close your eyes. Deep breath in, and out. The strength of my body waned. My breaths are getting shallower with each intake of oxygen, and my conscious slowly began to disappear. This had to stop. This was caused because of me. Jack's crazed expression hovered in my mind, taunting me to let my emotions get ahead of myself, but I didn't let it. I used a technique of erasing all of the thoughts in my head.

I let go of everything.

The tornado finally ceased, only leaving dirt skids on the ground of where it once stood. I see Jack, Sam, and Christina, give them a weak smile, and slump to the ground. I was knackered in all the different aspects of which drew energy from me-- physically, emotionally, and mentally.

"Quick, give her some water." Christina pulls out from her knapsack a bottle and drizzled it in my mouth. I felt my bones relaxing. Water had never tasted so good in my entire life until this moment. My eyelids slowly draw themselves close.

"No, Daniella, don't die on me!" Jack drew me closer in a tight embrace. From the corner of my eye, I could see the other two trying to not burst into laughter.

I pushed him away. "Dramatic much?" A fit of coughing erupted, but I managed to point to the other two.

With a second's glance, he scowls. "Aw, come on. But you did good, Larson. You did good."

29 comments:

  1. That was amazing, Morning! Well done, a brilliant entry, and don't forget to check back at my blog on August 5th for the results!

    P.s Thanks for the nomination, I will try do it as quick as possible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.P.S- I already ship Jack and Daniella so hard ♡♡♡

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much, Cindy! I ended up going back to your post to comment the link of this, just in case. ^.^ Yay! I'm so happy that you ship the two, but... I have something interesting in mind for their dynamic, and it may or may not be a romantic sort of thing...

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. I totally agree with Cindy - I totally ship Jack and Daniella! Your writing was amazing! Because I've read so many fabulous prices from you in the past, I always have high expectations for you and you never fail to fulfil them! In fact, you go over! I'm extremely proud of you and your writing! You should totally win! Well done! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Wow, I didn't expect that people would ship these two... and this is an excerpt from the second novel in my series. Like, um, I know what will be the endgame for all of the characters, but the endgames of ships I try to stay away from... :P

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  3. I SHIP IT.
    I SHIP IT.
    I SHIP IT.
    Awesome stories! I love the concept of the second one.

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOODNESS YAY I'M GLAD!
      BUT THE HARD PART FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW THE STORY, WILL THEY BE ENDGAME?

      BECAUSE NO MATTER WHAT THE SHIP IS, I SHIP IT. xD Gosh, I act like such a fangirl for my stories; my friends think I'm crazy when I end up thinking about shipping problems and screaming, "The boat is starting to sink!" XDDDD

      Thank you so much!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  4. Omg, I really like some of your writing.
    Btw, what personality test did you use to get the INFP result?
    I used 16personalities and got ENFP - we're not too different :D

    Anyway, keep up your stuff :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! For the INFP result, I originally ended up receiving that when I took the HumansMetric test for school, but several weeks ago I took it on 16personalities! Yay, ENFPs! A lot of my friends are this type as well (along with INFJs) so this is great!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  5. That was amazing! You are totally going to be a famous writer some day, Morning! I can't wait to see future best sellers out there! Great job!
    -Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Clara! It all really comes down to whether I can get past my procrastination; I like to write when I'm aroused to do so, but when I end up forcing myself to write, it doesn't sound as good. ^.^

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  6. ooooh, that was so so good, Morning <3 thanks for sharing your lovely writing, it's amazing. i really loved them both, they're so unique and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Autumn. ^.^ Which one was your favorite?

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  7. Good grief, I love this fiction!! More please <3<3
    (Also I'm starting to ship Jack and Danielle too ;) hahaha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm so glad you love the fiction, Elisabeth! I'll try to post more! ;)

      xoxo Morning

      P.S. Wow, I didn't know that this ship would be popular... XD

      Delete
  8. Oooh, nice snippets! (I'm going to have to be insufferable and say I ship the ship too. xD The character dynamic groundwork for it is definitely there. Also, PIZZA NOSE. OH MY GOODNESS.) I especially love the way you write dialogue; it's so snappy and natural. I'll admit I'm a little more partial to the second excerpt, but that's to be expected, I guess—you know me and my abiding love for magic. Thanks for sharing these, Morning, and best of luck with all your future writings!

    PS: Thanks for entering the Pinterest contest! It means the world :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This ship's popularity is blowing my mind, literally; I can't believe it. Haha, "pizza nose" was actually one of my original thoughts when I first started writing the novel series; I was like, "Hold up, I'm getting this weird vibe." Thank you so much!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  9. I'm cracking up so bad, man. I love all of your writing. Shipping those two. Muahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cally... oh my gosh I love your piece you posted from your tag's response XD

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  10. Nicee! Haha!
    You've been nominated! http://achristianteenslife.blogspot.com/2015/08/solve-this-riddle-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sophia! :) I'll check that out!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  11. Your writing is amazing! I love reading your stories ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for tagging me! I love your writing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what your tag response is, Opal! I'm highly anticipating it!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  13. You're an amazing writer. Period.

    -T. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha oh wow, that excerpt! I seriously want to know more! You're talented, girl :)

    Emily // Lynde Avenue

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you're an amazing writer! I mean I knew you could write, your posts are all great, but you can also write stories. Great stories! I honestly can't wait to read more of your work, hopefully even a whole book one day! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Morning