06 July 2015

Guest Post by Amelie // How To Throw A Summer Party

Hello! This is Amelie, from Contented Perfectionist.  I am so excited to be guest posting on this amazing blog.

Morning enjoys writing thoughtful posts (as do I), and she's very good at writing them, but she's been talking to me about how she'd like to have a few more fun posts during the summer. So this is one of those!

Ladies and Gentlemen... HOW TO THROW A SUMMER PARTY!


STEP 1 

Choose A Theme

My favourite parties are dance or casual parties, so I would definitely pick a summer dance theme or a picnic theme.

But...you might be the type of person who likes this kind of party:

Vintage Ballerina Birthday Party - Bella Paris Designs
credit


STEP 2

Choose Activities

This is extremely important for any party. 
Here are some simple ideas:

DANCE PARTY:

  • Eat Pizza or Nachoes (party foods!)
  • Dance ;)
  • Play Minute To Win It games!!

SUMMER PICNIC OR OUTSIDE PARTY:

  • Eat cocktail sandwiches, watermelon, potato chips, fruit kebabs, etc.
  • Do fun races (e.g. Egg and Spoon race, Three-legged Race,  Sack race, etc.)!
  • Play Pass The Package (wrap a present up with many layers of wrapping paper, and put a treat in between each layer. Then get all the guests to sit in a circle  and pass it around. Play music and get someone to stop it every now and then. The guest holding the package when the music stops gets to unwrap one layer, and keep the treat that will fall out! The guest that unwraps the last layer will keep the big present inside.
credit

FANCY TEA PARTY:
  • Eat cocktail sandwiches and cupcakes
  • Talk in British accents ;)
  • Play board games
  • Read aloud

STEP 3

Choose Music!

 

credit


Next, make a music playlist. If you're having a dance party, this is very important, but even if you're having a picnic or fancy tea party, it's fun to have good music playing!

I like happy, up-beat songs for summer parties, but it's completely your choice. It also depends on the theme of the party. Here are a few ideas for an up-beat, can't-help-dancing, summer-y playlist:

1. Shut Up and Dance by Walk the Moon
2. Cups (Pitch Perfect's "When I'm Gone") by Anna Kendrick
3. Classic by MKTO
4. Ugly Heart by G.R.L.
5. Lips Are Movin' by Meghan Trainor
6. Ho Hey by the Lumineers
7. On Top Of  The World by Imagine Dragons
8. Chocolate by the 1975
9. Geronimo by Sheppard
10. Summer by Calvin Harris

Just warning you; some of these are a little explicit or inappropriate. Be sure to check them out before putting them on your awesome playlist! ;)

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK? WHAT DOES A PARTY NEED TO BE FABULOUS???

Thanks for reading! Please head over to my blog and comment letting me know all about your party! 

Bye for now,
Amelie

10 comments:

  1. Great guest post, Amelie! :) I agree that it is important to have a 'theme' for a party, and a clear idea of what to do. What's a 'Minute to Win It' game? Haha my party knowledge is limited... I love MKTO! Only a few people know the song 'Classic'! It's amazing! <3

    x Thank you Morning for taking my survey <3
    Yasmine//Cloudy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yasmine! There is a Minute To Win It YouTube playlist in the post, and if you watch that, you might understand better ;) Oh yay! 'Classic' lovers unite! haha <3

      -Amelie

      Delete
  2. What a lovely post! This is perfect for me as I'm so bad at throwing parties ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I'm sure you're not thaaat bad at throwing parties... But I'm glad these tips will help ;) haha

      -Amelie

      Delete
  3. Amazing, Amelie! :) I'm so glad you got to do a guest post, and good luck on the Summit, as today is the last day to be notified! I'm sure I can look back at this post for party planning tips and ideas. By the way, great song choices! xx I love MKTO and I know basically every one of their songs.
    Do get back to your blog! I noticed you haven't posted since May and I really miss your bubbly personality...
    Shine on,
    GirlRadio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sneha (GirlRadio)! I'm so glad you liked my tips, and song choices! I will try to post again, but I'm very busy these days... *sigh* Yes, I'll try my hardest.

      -Amelie

      Delete
  4. Great post! I'll be keeping these tips in mind ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Oakstar! I'm glad ;)

      -Amelie

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Elisabeth! I checked out your blog, by the way, it was gorgeous! you're an amazing writer!

      -Amelie

      Delete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Morning