Morning enjoys writing thoughtful posts (as do I), and she's very good at writing them, but she's been talking to me about how she'd like to have a few more fun posts during the summer. So this is one of those!
Ladies and Gentlemen... HOW TO THROW A SUMMER PARTY!
Choose A Theme
My favourite parties are dance or casual parties, so I would definitely pick a summer dance theme or a picnic theme.
But...you might be the type of person who likes this kind of party:
This is extremely important for any party.
Here are some simple ideas:
- Eat Pizza or Nachoes (party foods!)
- Dance ;)
- Play Minute To Win It games!!
SUMMER PICNIC OR OUTSIDE PARTY:
- Eat cocktail sandwiches, watermelon, potato chips, fruit kebabs, etc.
- Do fun races (e.g. Egg and Spoon race, Three-legged Race, Sack race, etc.)!
- Play Pass The Package (wrap a present up with many layers of wrapping paper, and put a treat in between each layer. Then get all the guests to sit in a circle and pass it around. Play music and get someone to stop it every now and then. The guest holding the package when the music stops gets to unwrap one layer, and keep the treat that will fall out! The guest that unwraps the last layer will keep the big present inside.
FANCY TEA PARTY:
- Eat cocktail sandwiches and cupcakes
- Talk in British accents ;)
- Play board games
- Read aloud
Next, make a music playlist. If you're having a dance party, this is very important, but even if you're having a picnic or fancy tea party, it's fun to have good music playing!
I like happy, up-beat songs for summer parties, but it's completely your choice. It also depends on the theme of the party. Here are a few ideas for an up-beat, can't-help-dancing, summer-y playlist:
1. Shut Up and Dance by Walk the Moon
2. Cups (Pitch Perfect's "When I'm Gone") by Anna Kendrick
3. Classic by MKTO
4. Ugly Heart by G.R.L.
5. Lips Are Movin' by Meghan Trainor
6. Ho Hey by the Lumineers
7. On Top Of The World by Imagine Dragons
8. Chocolate by the 1975
9. Geronimo by Sheppard
10. Summer by Calvin Harris
Just warning you; some of these are a little explicit or inappropriate. Be sure to check them out before putting them on your awesome playlist! ;)
SO WHAT DO YOU THINK? WHAT DOES A PARTY NEED TO BE FABULOUS???
Thanks for reading! Please head over to my blog and comment letting me know all about your party!
Bye for now,