01 May 2015

Summer Bucket List Tag

Hi! Several people have tagged me for the 2015 Summer Bucketlist tag! Tags aren't something that I tend to do much on my blog anymore but if it's a unique one that sparks my breeder then I shall gladly participate like so. Without further ado, my bucket list!


Write 15 things that you want to do this summer (if you can't think of 15 that's ok) and publish it in a post. 


1) Get outside and meet more people. This is just an equation die an eventful dumber in my opinion, the summer isn't a time for routine or being cooped up inside; it is a time for a bit of unpredictability as to what the world holds! When I was younger, I spent some of my summers doing taekwondo camp and forced studying (not exactly my thing), but over the recent summers I have loved going out and taking huge opportunities.

2) Complete a summer edition of the 365 Photo Challenge (or the 365 Grateful Project). The 365 Photo Challenge was something that I discovered on Instagram. What you did was that you took photos and every day, you would "post" (or print, if you are not using social media) what you felt most grateful for. When I was in the Magical Adventures of Merlin, I, without consciously thinking about it, did this exact same thing and it gave me a brighter outlook on my life.

3) Perfect my theatre skills. I want to land a lead role (double points if it's a musical), but I need to practice on my own time. I'll check out monologue books from the library, memorize and rehearse pieces, attend workshops... It will be great!



4) Reunite with my middle school group. If you have seen my post where I inserted a photo of friend's trying to plan a reunion (now, the document is up to ten pages long), this is what it is all about. My middle school group, which I have mentioned on numerous occasions during my first several months of blogging, helped me through middle school. To hang out with the people who have accepted my shortness and mad scientist flash when I have a burst of ideas, all together for one last time, would be nice. We're planning on going out to eat and visiting old playground sets with Nerf darts!

5) Play and improve my musical skills, namely vocals and ukulele. I've been prospecting about getting vocal lessons and it wasn't until someone suggested it that the idea settled into my brain. I've also had a ukulele where I can play only four chords. The only songs I know how to play are "Amazing Grace" and "Clementine." I want to learn!

6) Go back to writers meet ups. So, at my public library there is a teen meetup once a week for writers to improve their craft. I was one of the original members when the group started to form, but because of other timely commitments I had to be absent. Those were the glory days when I won Word Wars and hid all of the donuts with my friend Michaela!


7) Read 50 books. With what is happening over the summer I am not sure if I may commit to this goal. At my library there is a summer reading competition and even since that competition existed, I have been entering and reading books like the subways of Manhattan during lunch hour!

8) Use my bike more. Let me get this straight: I have a bike and a scooter but because I'm rarely ever allowed out with friends or on my own, and my grandma likes walking, these items collect dust. It's time I use these eco-friendly, efficent modes of transportation, before I learn how to drive pretty soon. It's not going to feel right driving when I haven't walked, biked, or scootered by myself or with friends.

9) Watch summer blockbusters. If I watch at least Avengers: Age of Ultron, Minions, Paper Towns and perhaps Tomorrowland while in theaters in summer, I will be a happy camper.

10) Let the summer grow wild.

I nominate anyone who wishes to do this! ^.^ Tell me in the comments, what do you all want to do or accomplish over the summer, or winter, if you are living in the southern hemisphere? 

32 comments:

  1. I want to commit to reading more books. I used to read a lot but now I don't seem to find the time. I seem to be going back on this time and again. Also, I would love to learn to drive this vacation :)

    -Kathie K
    A Sea Change

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is this one senior class member which I met awhile back and she said since she entered high school, she hasn't been able to read much and the only thing she has read during her entire four years of high school on her own time was the Harry Potter series. It's sad; when we grow older, we can't find time to do simple things that we used to enjoy.

      Urgh, driving. I'm reading the manual every day but it is very hard for me and I am kind of nervous that when I start to practice I will hit the stop sign near my neighborhood. The stop sign is crooked and it could only either be like that due to the high wind speeds that rush by in the fall or because others who have learned to drive in the neighborhood have bumped into the sign. DX

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. Your summer list sounds like fun :)
    50 books!All the best with that :)

    Neal Kind
    Daily Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I'm really excited to accomplish it! Fifty books sounds like a lot, but hey, since I'm not really going to be getting outside of the house much I might as well catch up on something that I love doing, right?

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  3. Awesome list! Writer meet up's sound cool. This winter I want to decide where I am going with my life so that I can start afresh in summer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Opal! The writers' meetups are pretty cool. It's nearly as cool as a nerdfighter meeting (a lot of my friends are nerdfighters, so I know the feeling). Basically besides eating donuts and writing we also work on world building, which I needed help desperately on. Your winter plan sounds very thought out! I'm not sure what you mean by going with your life but all the best on the journey!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  4. Sweet bucket list! Good luck with reading 50 books, I recently read We Were Liars, so I'd recommend that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to read all 50 books! I am going to have to reread We Were Liars. The plot was confusing for me the first time I read it through, so I am going to have to give it another chance. A lot of the books that I am planning to read are ones that I didn't understand the first time through or new books that I haven't gotten a chance to read yet. There may be small rereads of books that I enjoy (all seven books in the Chronicles of Narnia will be some of those rereads) but other than that, my book journey is going to be wild!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  5. Amazing bucket list! All your choices sound so fun and interesting! Avengers : Age of Ultron is the definition of amazing! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miss Internet! I was trying to am for wild and crazy choices on my bucket list, but not to the point that it is too wild. Next year though, I may want to try something crazy like grow out all of my hair and then donate it to those who need wigs, but not this year! Avengers: Age of Ultron is definitely the definition of amazing. but sadly, I don't think my dad will take my brother and I to see the movie until school ends. I can't wait that long! O-O

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  6. This was an AWESOME post (and it wasn't too serious... ;)). I loved your bucket list ...I'm inspired to do one now!! I also really loved the photos you used- gorgeous!!!

    Amelie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was fun but it wasn't necessarily something that may come out for another while... I don't do tags! I will tell you that I have more fun posts coming up, one of them involving a gymnastic flexible Pikachu. It's serious in the sense that I took tons of time making that post and the aspect that will be implied in that post, but it's a light-weighted post.

      If you do end up doing this on your blog you have to comment and tell me! I can't wait to see what you want to accomplish over the summer! The photos aren't mine sadly, but they are awesome!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  7. Great tag, Morning! This looks really fun! I think I shall give it a try:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Clara! Tell me when you do the tag and post it on your blog so I may check it out, all right?

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Haha, what do you love about it, Lauren?

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  9. Awesome list! I agree with you, I definitely want to expand my horizons and start biking or walking more regularly. It's such a great thing to do, and especially in the summer...it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some weird reason, ever since this March, when I started to realize that there were recycling bins everywhere around my school, I have been recycling everything like crazy and have been wanting to be more eco-friendly to the earth, you know? We throw away paper in garbage cans. There are those who liter. Smog is polluting cities and it makes it hard to breathe. I've heard that in parts of China it is hard for people to breathe there due to so much smog. People complain that we aren't doing much about the environment, but that's just it; people are just complaining. It's time to actually start doing something.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  10. What a lovely list! I want to do something involving theater this summer, too. I wish that there were musicals in our city that were just for the summer! ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, "I wish". (Into the Woods reference.) It's hard finding theatre things to do in town because despite the fact that there are many theatre companies, out of all of them, three of them allow for kids and teens to audition having little or no experience. Every place else requires to have head shots and a resume... Musicals are so much fun! I slightly prefer them over regular theatre shows, but I don't know. I may be just biased. ;)

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  11. Good luck on achieving all of those xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What I'd like to accomplish over the summer or winter is reading more books ,doing well in my academic subjects and becoming a better person :)

    shinenelevate.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are such great goals, Rukiya! ^.^ I can't wait to see you accomplosh and achieve them!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  13. Hi Morning! I would love to do this tag (I'll post my ideas soon on my blog) and I just thought that you have some great goals. I hope you do land a lead for your next show! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! It's been awhile since I have been on your blog, so I will be sure to check over the next week or so. Aww, you are too kind. I wish I could, but I'm not sure how my parents will react to the time commitments...

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  14. Oooh, sounds like an awesomely fun bucket list! Reading 50 books is very ambitious! I will be doing good if I get 5 read from cover to cover! Meeting more people is something that's always pretty neat though. I hope your reunion with middle school friends works out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! 50 books is very ambitious-- I'm not sure I will be able to finish! And the reunion-- and meeting new people-- is starting this Saturday! I'm so excited!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  15. Mmm, I might do this as it sounds guite good.
    BTW You designed my sisters blog and it looks great!

    - Ines | Ines's Insights | www.inessinsights.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should do the tag! And yeah, I had the pleasure of designing Lexie's blog. I'll make sure to check out yours!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Morning