10 May 2015

Down by the Banks of Crayons and Nerf


I have just experienced one of the greatest weekends that I have experienced in quite a long time. Some of you may have been wondering as to why I was leaving comments on blogs such as, "I'm going to be playing Nerf guns against the Avengers while I'm dancing," and well, this is the answer to that confusion! On Friday, as I was chewing down my Personal Record bar, the fabulous 100 Grand Bar, I was convincing my dad to take my brother and I to go and watch Avengers: Age of Ultron. Three hours and a dance class later, the three of us were off scrambling to find seats.

Is it better than the first Avengers? I'm not sure; I'm still stunned by the movie. Just as I texted to my friend Autumn, "If you want me to describe to you the movie on a scale of one through ten, Baymax would not be able to comprehend the awesomeness of it." 

For those of you thirteen or older, if you are interested and want to see something Hawkeye related, watch a video called "Hawkeye Sings of His Superpowers", which has Hawkeye singing about how he is super as the Avengers. It is very amusing. I am only setting an age limit. In short: if you are not allowed to watch the Age of Ultron because of the reasons why it is PG-13 (especially suggestive comments), then do not watch the video.

Okay? Okay. And no, I did not mean to reference The Fault in Our Stars.

Don't worry; I took this before the movie started.

Saturday I had such a busy schedule, and when I woke up that morning, I was wondering how in the world I was supposed to tackle it all. The first thing on my list was easy: picking up trash on the streets for extra credit for school. The other two things were not.

Twelve thirty during noon I ended up having to go and perform at a recital for dance. It was stressful, because not only was I, along with my friend, in charge of warming up the younger kids, but the fact that one person from our class nearly keeps missing her calls to come up because of the number of pieces she is in. 

I didn't get any photos of the performance itself, but I did get some photos backstage. The little kids were coloring and people from my class were messing with the makeup mirrors.

The one annoying thing was waiting in line for the bathroom. As I stood waiting to go and change into my second costume, since there was only one stall, there was a line and the little kids would stare at me with their mouths open. When people stare at me, I either make a remark or I stare back at them. I did the later. I could have sworn it was like a western cowboy stare down and a tumble weed rolls by in the middle of the scene and crickets, though they don't survive in the desert, chirped.


Anyways.

The girl, in our dance class and performances, who had to keep changing outfits.


Someone in my class drew this, and it is amazing. Very much Lion King like. Kudos to them!

Immediately after the end of the performance, I said goodbye to those in my class and left to go to my friends-- the twins' -- birthday party. I'm usually not allowed to go to birthday parties of my friends for reasons that I won't disclose, but this was an exception. When I arrived, I missed the Nerf Gun war, but instead, came in time for eating burgers and playing Chinese Spoons. 

If you haven't heard of the game, someone takes several spoons and make a figure out of them, and then you have to guess which number it is on a scale of one to ten. There is a trick to it. Does anyone else know this game? I don't know the secret to it, but I feel as if the game, it's distracting you from something-- maybe your hands. If the secret to the game is to look at the person's hands, then it's going to be aggravating that I did not catch on. 

The birthday party was pretty laid back. The birthday people lived right close to a school, so we spent an hour playing Mouse on Ground and just acting very child-like. When we came back, everyone sat down around the tiny tree planted in the front yard and played "Down by the Banks of the Hanky Panky" "Ninja, and "WHAAA" for hours. We all sat out there from five until eight in the evening up to the point that the temperature began to drop.

How big was the party? Well, there were about twenty four of us there at the twins' house, not including parents and siblings who came along, too.

Everyone bending down for nose-goes to decide who was going to be the Cat in Mouse on Ground.
I was too busy taking photos, so I was "it".

The birthday cake-- erm, cakes! As the wise words of Fred of Big Hero 6 says, "It's glorious."


My friend's cup. The cups weren't to be wasted, so everyone had to write down their names in this huge black sharpie thicker that my index and middle finger side by side.

Behold, the tree which we played "Down by the Hanks of the Hanky Panky"!

Today was Mother's Day and for lunch, my family went out to go and eat at a Japanese restaurant, and that was when I realized the enormous size of Bento Boxes and how you should never underestimate the size of them. Never. For dessert there, my brother and I each got ice cream, mango and (the flavor I got) green tea! I wish all of you Happy Mother's Day!

I am really happy about how this weekend turned out, for, as this quote by Gilda Radner says:
“I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.” 

35 comments:

  1. that Hawkeye singing video is hilarious! I died laughing the first time I saw it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I was like, gosh, Hawkeye, I wish I could open up a pickle jar... :DDD My parents thought I was weird laughing out loud to the video.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. I'm do glad you had a great weekend - it certainly sounds excellent! The photos are lovely and the tumbleweed thingy did make me crack up just a little, coughs*lots*coughs!

    Wow I knew the U.S. And the UK had different mothers days but I didn't realise how far apart they were!

    Anyways, it sounds like a lovely weekend!

    Have a great week!

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you! I didn't know that the US and the UK had different holiday days! Wow! :P I was cracking up at the tumbleweed thing, too-- I was laughing a lot in the bathroom too. The little kids had no idea that it was coming at them. I tend to laugh too hard.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you had a lot of fun! I saw Age of Ultron recently, I thought the first movie was better..-Jollygirl http://reflectionsofajollygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I sure did! I don't know; my mind is still muddled from the movie, so until then, I still cannot make up my mind about which movie is better. I can't wait until Captain America: Civil War! It has nearly all of the Avengers and *gasp* Iron Man and Captain America are going head to head against each other!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you had so much fun! Plus I cried at the tumbleweed thing. ♥ so funny oh man.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ahaha, really? I'm so glad that people got that joke! I have a weird sense of humor!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  5. I saw the Hawkeye video! I literally almost cried because it was like a combination of my two current favs: Ed Sheeran and Avengers! Agggh! Also, popcornnnnn ♥

    I was also in shell shock from AOU for like a week but now I've broken out a little so I'll be posting about it soon too.

    O | Life as a Young Lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's beautiful! Hawkeye can sing and play Mario Kart (I used to be Queen of Mario Kart but now I can't. This is what happens when you don't have a DS anymore)! :P I can't wait to see the fangirl post on your blog!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  6. This post is awesome! I love it. The photos are all amazing! I also loved the quote at the end! Perfect. :-) Looks like you had tons of fun! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did have lots of fun-- it's so rare I get to go to parties like these. ^.^

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  7. All these pictures are so cool...love how you usually have pictures to go along with your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't leave the house without my camera, or else it feels weird! :) Which photo was your favorite?

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  8. I loved the photos, and your weekend sounds like it was so much fun!!
    That quote is perfect. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would do it all again in a heartbeat! And I agree, the quote is perfection. <3

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  9. Morning, I always love your pictures! Thanks so much for sharing. This last weekend I watched Age of Ultron in theaters for the first time and LOVED it. I also have seen Hawkeye's song and thing that it's pretty hysterical despite some of the language and inappropriate subject matter. :P

    Dani from A Vapor in the Wind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! What did you love about the movie? I was just fangirling about how the entire Avengers cast being together again! :P And the song is funny. I loved how he was an extra in Paul Blart. :D

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  10. wow...your weekend sounds awesome! That birthday party looks pretty cool...I'm just taking a stab, but in the photo where everybody was holding hands for the game, was the girl's hair dyed? Because if so, it's pretty cool :-)
    That quote is just perfection though.
    xD That whole tumbleweed thingy was absolutely HILARIOUS. You've got a great sense of humor, Morning :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, the girl's hair was dyed! About three people at the party had their hair dyed, and that population of dyed hair consisted of the birthday people. :) I'm really happy people got that joke! My jokes are often awkward and come out super unintentionally! :P

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  11. I love your blog! Thanks for commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sydney! I love your blog, too!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  12. Whoa. This post is pure awesomeness. That buttery popcorn looks really good by the way. Mmmm! (Okay, so maybe I'm slightly obsessed with movie theater popcorn;) ).
    It looks like you've had a very eventful and fun weekend! I love how you have photos to go with what you were talking about. It made me feel like I was actually there. :) I'll be checking out that video soon!
    Amazing post, Morning! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Eve! You're not the only one; I love the popcorn too, but since my recent trip to the pizza theater I think I will have to stick with pizza on this one. And ah, the photos; I try to take the photos and then form a post about them, not the other way around, which makes everything romanticized, and that's not the way I'd love to view my past when I read my old posts (which I do; some of the old stuff I wrote and the adventures I experienced were crazy)!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  13. Great post, and Age of Ultron was fantastic! I've heard lots of discussion over which Avengers movie was better; I liked AoU better because it was more character-based and I was extremely excited that Hawkeye had more lines in this movie.

    And I love the Big Hero 6 references in this post. :)

    x Emily | lovemilysblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily! I do agree; in the last Avengers movie, everyone pretty much talked lots except for Hawkeye. It was nice seeing that he had a different side to him that people didn't expect from him. Big Hero 6 references are nice. In fact, I referenced tons of things in this post. It's been awhile since I've done that. It's nice to have you back again, Emily!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  14. Oh, everything sounds wonderful! Thank you for sharing all of this ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post it sounds like you've had an amazing week xx
    http://agirlblogx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love weekends like that! I really want to see the new Avengers! I have a friend that is totally obsessed with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! You should totally go and see the new Avengers! :)

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  17. i really want a burger now!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. win USA beauty goodies from lorac, tarte etc on my blog! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll check out your giveaway.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  18. I love "Down by the Banks of the Hanky Panky"! We have a bus ministry at our church, and when I get to ride and help out, we usually end up playing that game ;) Have a wonderful week!

    xo,
    megann

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Morning