31 March 2015

The Treasures of the Past

Have you ever came across a drawing or a story that you wrote as a child and then, when you recently stumble upon it, think to yourself in utter disbelief and surprise that this was an actually piece connecting to your past? This was what I thought as as I was recently cleaning my room and came across some interesting bits of paper and photos that I found stuffed inside the numerous number of folders and binders sorting my writing.

Boy, I have got to say, that looking back at when I was younger, I was an odd kid. Today, I am here to share with you some of the papers I found in my room. You may notice that these aren't from when I was about eight or nine years old, because when I was that age I labeled everything with my name. Probably after reading this posting, you will agree, "Morning, you're weird." 


This was not something that I drew, but rather, something that was given to me. When I was in sixth grade, almost all of my extra-curricular activities, besides my book reading competition, was to help people. During this time period, I helped the special life skills kids (i.e. students with Down Syndrome, etc.) during their gym, I was a member of the Green Team, my elementary school's recycling club, and I was a kindergarten buddy for one of the three kindergarten classes. 

Now there was this kindergarten buddy named Addison who I was paired up with, and we would talk for hours. Ironically, I met her when she wasn't allowed to talk. One of the things that the two of us would do is that we would draw pictures of each other. This was one of the photos she drew, which was me doing paragliding. So, if you are wondering how I look, well, tada! Addision has depicted me perfectly! 


As a child I was fascinated and into Pokemon. My brother and I would collect the cards and we would end up going to taekwondo and battle with the other kids after practice was over. I made this particular picture in seventh grade, when there were many 80 mile wind and rain storms and the television wasn't working, as my parents were out of the house during a lot of these times. I have a huge affinity for Pikachu, if you don't know.


This is a photo of my first actual script from one of my first plays. I've always received eccentric roles: my first play, which occurred in first grade, I starred as the cookie-baking grandmother. Above is a photo of a Shakespeare play, where I starred as one of the three whiches... know which play? 


One day in my naive youth I came up with a story idea involving all of my friends as spy agents, sorcerers, and an evil shadow who wants to swallow all of Earth. In order for this story to "work", I thought that it would be best at the time to hold meetings to speak about how everyone wanted their character to be portrayed, which inspired a role play that is still going strong to this day. The story, if I had to try to describe how it was at the moment, is a lot like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.


Around the same year that I made the agent sorcerer story, there was also an event known as The Poking War going on. It started getting out of hand, so I decided that the best solution was to make a peace treaty in which we would all abide by it's rules, everyone involved acting as his or her own police. If you read some of the writing I wrote on the sides, you can see I was trying VERY hard not to waste space. (Notice my sarcasm.)


And finally, I shall end this little presentation with something normal, my We the People speech. A lot of the things that happened as I tried to coordinate and cooperate with my group mates went down weird... it required a lot of persuading and bacon flavored Ritz which were happily provided by my parents.

Other things I found was my Operation Santa mission, my recycling material drawings turned into electronic gadgets which help save energy, and drawings of myself if I had the elemental power of airbending. So, yes, I am an oddball, but what I realized as I was looking through all of this was that as a child, I was really into idea creating and often, those ideas would either be for fun or for actual purposes which would help multitudes of people.

If you all are fond of this post, I may think of writing about several parts of my time, starting with the fifth grade, in which back up dancers were needed for poem recitation (long story). In the mean time, comment below! What sort of things do you have from your childhood, and what sorts of memories do you have as a child? If you want to do a post similar to this on your blog, I suggest you should! Have a great week, everyone!

(P.S. I will not be posting the fourth chapter of "Watch" until mid-Saturday, in observance of Good Friday.)

21 comments:

  1. When my younger sister and I were little we used to narrate stories using stick figure drawings. Whenever I clean up I find some of them. They bring back so many memories.
    You acted in Macbeth? I love Shakespeare. In my family we read his plays out loud, everyone picking their favourite characters to voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I narrated with stick figures when I was in kindergarten, only because I was the only kindergartner at my school and being the youngest, I had some crazy yet very imaginative ideas! I acted in Macbeth... sort of. See, it was basically a small snippet of this play that my school did, which narrates and reenacts the beginning of some of Shakespeare's plays. I had two roles: Witch # 3 and the Chorus (though if you count being an Ocean as a role, then I guess I had three)!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. That reminds me of things I did when I was younger. I got obsessed with a TV show and wrote a 6-book-series based on it. Unfortunately I only seem to have 3 of them and am missing my fave ones. I used to be obsessed with drawing and oh my gosh some of the art I did was, how do I put this, astonishingly bad! Ha ha xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love childish art! I love how the kids color outside of the lines. Whenever my class does art projects involving coloring and crayons, we are all absolutely terrified to color outside of the lines. (Literally, it's true; plus, a friend and I were arguing over the crayons. We are very mature.) I also love how when we're younger, if we love a TV show, we'll often write fanfiction. I bet fanfiction was probably some of the first things many people wrote as a kid, except they never batted an eyelash to the fact!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  3. wow lovely pictures! I very much enjoyed this post! Please check out my blog and post a comment on it. thanks. Love the background of your blog its such a nice colour.

    shinenelevate.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Unfortunately, I have to leave for a place after I reply to the comments on these posts, but I'll be sure to check out your blog on the weekend! Otherwise, you can comment back and scold me. >.< I'm glad you like the background color! Such a tranquil feeling to it, isn't it?

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  4. Aww, this was so cute <3 That picture of you paragliding looks pretty awesome =) That's so awesome that you got to act in a Shakespeare! I have several folders that I like to look over sometimes, all containing stories and writing snippets from when I was younger. Some of it's mighty cringe-worthy.... But that's a good idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how Addison made me look amazing paragliding (to be honest, if I tried to use paragliding gear I'd probably drop on the ground due to all of the heaviness). Shakespeare was awesome! Stories that we wrote as a kid we often think are adorable, but I have to agree it can be very cringe-worthy. Sweet and sour at the same time!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  5. Haha, I loved this post. So interesting and...funny? I dunno. But very amusing.

    I was the child who you couldn't get to stay still until I was about 12 or 13. I was always outside with a sword (aka stick) and hitting trees and the swings. I was a homeschooler, you see. ;-) Me and my siblings had an entire game and we'd continue it every day. Monsters and quests and money to buy "better" weapons. The good ol' days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The post wasn't meant to be funny, but amusing, and I'm glad it came across as that. Oh my goodness that is amazing! In third grade, I went to a taekwondo summer camp. When we went to the park, everyone brought their water guns, and when we when back to the practice studio, everyone would get out the noodles and the kicking mats and start hitting each other. It was a bit like war.... I agree, those definitely were some of the good old days.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  6. This is so interesting, you're really creative when you were at that age too! :) I used o do something like that when i was little too, and these things are actually worth keeping because it shows how innocent and authentic a child's mind can be. :) And I love Agents of SHIELD too, it's such an action-packed show. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dian! That's the reason why I love children. I'm kind of jealous of them at that time, too; people can either flourish or grow a bit snarky and sour when they reach adolescence. I've been attempted to catch up on the show, and let me tell you, that reunion between Skye and her father was creepy.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  7. This is awesome! It's amazing how you can get to know someone better through their... childhood artifacts? For lack of a better term. XD Thanks for posting these. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's real obvious I was a weird child. I guess you can all them childhood artifacts... it's like you find a wrapper from your childhood and are like, in a bold voice, "BEHOLD, THE ARTIFACT." XD

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  8. Awwwww! These bring back so many wonderful childhood memories. ♥

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Adelaide! Revisiting my childhood is like "spooning a warm marshmallow", to quote Fred's words.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  9. Ha! We are so much alike!!! I have about 10 stories I wrote from ages 8-10. Most, well all of them are crazy. Written in my barely decipherable handwriting, I wrote things like fairytales to midlevel tales of knights and princesses:) I would also be obsessed with certain books. When I was 9 I had an obsession with The Sign of the Beaver book. My friend and I went on a walk on day in a field near by. I stopped and said something like "Land is a curious thing. It is not owned by man or animal. But the indians were here first, and we took the land. That is really mean! We should have given it back!" And my friend just look at me like I was crazy:) She is always reminding me of the weird things I use to do when we were little:) I really loved your post! Memories<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Memories <3 <3 <3 The Sign of the Beaver is a pretty neat book! I was exactly like that during fifth grade when I was obsessed with Narnia. Whenever I played kickball and ran across the field, I'd be like, "FOR NAAARRRRRNNNIIIIIAAA AAAANNNNDDDD FOOOOORRRRR ASLLLAAANNNNN!!!" XD

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  10. When i was younger I drew all sorts of crazy things lol!
    http://www.xokxt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? What kind of weird things? I'm pretty sure everyone has; the problem with looking at old drawings when we were younger is that it's very hard to tell what the figure is, in reality.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  11. This is such a good idea...I love this!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Morning