07 December 2014

Blessings and Opportunities


This year has gone by fast.
Life has been going on before my eyes to the point that all days seem to be smashed up together like mudberry pie-- which can be a good or bad thing, depending on how things are. I just want to soak in everything of 2014 and be grateful for everything of this year. I have been a part of so many "firsts," trying so many new and different things, all varying in many categories. And unlike last year, I feel like I have come from a storybook and just came alive off of the pages. I sound so much like a little naive child right now, but this is honestly how I feel.
(source)
There's this picture that I saw online, which talks about how we think about last year and things were so different, which is true! Most of my time last year all I did was have my nose in a book and, if I wasn't reading, I would be playing volleyball or catching a glimpse of Harry Potter Weekend during one of the rare times that the television is not being occupied by the four other members of my household. I never knew on January 7th, 2013 that I would be auditioning for a play and getting a supporting role, which is above an ensemble member but underneath the leads. That's amazing, especially with the fact that I despise performing in front of many and that I'm quiet.
Thanks to many blessings given to me this year, I am a much stronger, confident person. I may fall flat on my face when I try to reach down for calculators and I stutter when I see my friends and their parents anywhere else outside of school, but I am much different.
I may not be able to post as much because of my severe concentration and attention on school, but still know that I'm here and still posting. I don't think I will ever really stop blogging, to be honest.
Besides my concentration of school, I'm getting ready for this recital my dance class is having and I am practicing my audition for the Wizard of Oz! It would be amazing if I got one of the lead roles (one of my friends and I had an argument about this), but because of my grade level, it may end up going older students. Well, I can dream, right? Balancing everything in my life like that again would be a pleasure. 
Confidentially, my musical theater group will be performing a mashup, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow / What a Wonderful World." Lately our group as been laughing to much during rehearsals that we can barely concentrate-- the youngest two out of our class of six talk about unicorns and the diversity of ethnicity. They can be young and we all act silly, but we talk about deep stuff.
I'm kind of terrified to see what may happen next year. Not sure how things will end up going down, but let's not go looking for opportunities-- let it bump into us. 
(P.S. Please still go and check out my survey; I only have five responses! And keep a look out for a new blog design coming up here soon. It's much simple-esquie,)

8 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful blog post! Everything you said was very true! Good luck on your audition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This year has gone by very quickly! Glad it was a good one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love that quote! It is so interesting how our lives change from one year to the next and the lessons you learn along the way.
    Good luck on auditioning!
    -Lauren <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just followed your lovely blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your post!
    Can you check out my 100th post contest? It's here- http://weezasjournal.blogspot.com/2014/12/contest-time.html Thank you! It means tons! X
    - June

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like this year has gone by too fast! I totally get thing thing about theater parts going to older students. That's the way it works in my school too. But we can all dream and hope that parts are given to us by talent, not by seniority. I'm sure next year will be wonderful and will bring many great things and people into your life!

    Tara xx
    beweirdalways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah yes, this year has sped by! Wonderful post :)

    xo Arushee // Unadorned Gifts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oz is a great show! I was in it earlier this year and I got WWW. Hope you have fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Morning