05 October 2014

The Hardships and Amazingness of Being An INFP


During the summer, I posted bits and pieces about Myers-Brigg personality tests (click here, here, or here for more info). My personality type is INFP, and let me tell you, bearing this personality type is probably the hardest things ever because my personality type is tend to be misunderstood. However, there are some pretty cool things about this type, too. Where I got my traits from? I got the Introverted part from my mom, the iNtuitive and Feeling part from both of my parents, and the Perceiving part from my dad.

A bit of an overview of what my personality type is: INFPs are idealists, or "healers". We are always trying to find ways to change the world and make the world the better place. One of the things that I tend to think about when I am waiting to do is ask myself, "What is the meaning of life? What's my purpose here?" Coincidentally, that is one of the things that people of my personality do. If you still don't understand how I act like... think J.R.R. Tolkien, the author of the Lord of the Rings, or Anne of Green Gables. 

Where do I begin with all of the misunderstandings and such?

We are guided by principles and we stand by what we believe in. We fight for things that we truly love, and because of this we can be impractical or altruistic-- this is rather true. Whenever I have to write essays, I will skip dinner, disable my WiFi and stay in front of the computer screen for hours until I get to a stopping point. I work real hard until what I see is done. I'm altruistic. Sometimes, people think that I can be greedy and selfish, but that's only because I want to give back. 

The biggest misunderstanding is that fact that our motives to give back to people or other causes that we fight for are mainly based on the fact that we do it just for that. The things that we do are because of fighting for it-- the purity behind it-- not because we want rewards, fame, or glory. I don't want money. A lot of people don't understand that, and that's what leads to feeling misunderstood. 

Another main factor that leads to feeling isolated is that we aren't trusting of others. If you met me in real life, I wouldn't appear as bubbly and outgoing as I do on my blog-- at first. If you are the sort of person who shares the same ideals and views of important things as I do, then I will open up. That's the reason why I only have a small handful of friends at school and the reason why I tend to make friends faster when I'm outside of school doing things that I have an interest in. There is also this wall between when I talk to people that separates me from them; you can't sense it, but I can. 

Funny, we may not be able to talk to people easily, but we try to understand and help people. 

INFPs, according to what I have read to get a bit more into detail for this post, are supposedly
Images via Google and their respectful owners. From left, clockwise;
J.R.R. Tolkien, Anne Shirley, Audrey Hepburn, and John Lennon. 
brilliant writers, actors, and poets, like John Lennon and Audrey Hepburn. We are also perfectionists. Several days ago I got my grade on an essay that I spent my time working on. My teacher gave me an eight (which is 90%; his grading system is strange) even though I kept telling myself, "I deserve a six! I didn't explain my points well..." As soon as I get back to school, I will ask my teacher about that. I feel as if I'm not a brilliant writer. I don't know if I'll ever reach being as great as J.K. Rowling, C.S. Lewis, Rick Riordan, J.R.R. Tolkien or any other one of the greats, but I will try.

INFPs are passionate, energetic, and of course, idealistic, just as our title claims us to be. When I really want something, I will go up and fight for it. Hard. This may sound really boring at this point, but if I was allowed to make a video of myself and post it or if the room that I am typing this up in is quite, I will be talking about this. Hard. My mouth and voice will literally be strong and my words will be flowing out to the point that I stumble. If I want something in life, I will fight for it.

We hate criticism. I take it personally against me, and it's like a punch to the gut and the head. INFPs also hate fighting or arguments of the sort. That is why, whenever my friends break out into a fight, I have to play peacemaker.

I'm imaginative and a dreamer. If you met me and found me zoning out or if I don't respond to something quickly, it's either because I am thinking in about something or because I am imagining something. I tend to imagine things too much. Like, when I was young, I used to imagine that my friends and I were superheroes (this soon became my first writing piece). This kinds of go along with my idealism; I tend to imagine how things can be, but then I end up extremely disappointed. This is something that happens on a day-to-day basis for me. 

INFPs are creative-- I sing, I dance, I act. And hey, have you seen the new blog design? :) We also like dislike data. For some weird reason, I disagree with this to a degree. Math, at times, can be a comfort to me as much as it can be a discomfort. Yet right now, I am taking Biology, and it is really hard to deal with the data. Besides, the opposite of fact and reason is morality and virtue, and it's just so hard to do something that doesn't stand with me. You know?

Finally, we try to find jobs that are worthy to us, meaning no business jobs that are controlling whatsoever; we are on the other end of the spectrum that no one seems to notice, jobs such as being religious leaders, teachers and even massage therapy. We want to find jobs that are meaningful but don't contradict our virtues. This is my major worry; I am mainly happy when I am helping people or doing things relating to the arts, but I need to find something that I want to do. My family is suggesting going into a financial or medical fields, but it isn't something appeal or something I really could see myself doing. If I am to get a job, I would want something that I can do whole-heartedly.

Being an INFP can be hard. Some days it's better than others, but I don't think I would like to change my personality for a bit. If you want, you can make your own post about the hardships and amazingness of being something-- whether it is a Myers-Brigg personality type or homeschooling, I would love to see it!

17 comments:

  1. Thats cool! BTW, I LOVE your new design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jollygirl! Winter, where I live, can last for up to seven months of the year, and even if that doesn't seem like a long time, it is. I'm planning on making a few more changes to the design, and one of the changes I'm planning to make will happen on the day that something in my life corresponds to another thing. :)

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Livy! There is something I want to add to my blog as soon as it happens here in my life off-line: falling snow!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  3. I just took a personality test, and I'm an INFP as well! I think it describes me pretty well.

    Nice design :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I've never really met any other INFPs before... we only make up about four percent of the world. Isn't it creepy how it describes our personalities a little bit too well to the point that it appears creepy? XD And thank you. :)

      Delete
  4. I just love how cute your new blog design is! I've never taken a personality test before...maybe I should...and I wonder what I would be :)
    -Lauren <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new design! Also, this post is pretty cool. I want to take the test now and see what I am!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting post Morning! Also I'm loving the new design.<3
    Blog on // June

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, thats so amazing!! I'm actually an INFJ, so we're very similar in personality can you believe it!? Haha thats so cool! Love the new design too by the way! Keep it up!! ~ Riarna (Walking On Sunshine) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there! Is it okay if I ask for your email? I would like to talk to you about something.
    Let me know ion my blog. :)

    Sammie
    sammiethestargirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! Just wondering, when are you going to post the results of the writing contest? :)
    Oh, make sure to enter my writing challenge. :) Learn more here: http://thisandthatbyaliah.blogspot.com/p/cacawc.html
    Aliah

    thisandthatbyaliah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just took the test-- I've never actually taken it before. I'm INFP, too, which describes me pretty well :)
    Emily
    lovemilysblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a great blog here. I am impressed with your design too. I am an INFP and I just recently found out that my best friend is as well. My sister is an INFJ which is very similar, she just likes to plan ahead more and know what's coming up. lol I'm lucky :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Morning