14 September 2014

Tears

This is an excerpt from one of my novels that I've had for quite some time now. It's one of the more intense parts, which a working title for this would be Tears. After my second round of edits I'll go and try to find beta readers or critiques. Please don't steal, and please be courteous! Thanks!
(via)
"Whose opinion do you value more? Theirs, or your own?"

"I don't know! I don't know, I don't know, I don't know!" I pounded my fist against the table. I didn't care if anyone else saw me. I was sick and tired of having being torn of choosing different sides and valuing different people's opinions. 

My face became streaked with tears, running like water being thrown out a window. I rubbed away the snot dribbling down my nose. "Usually, it's so easy for me to choose, but I can't. Is this what they were telling is in Health class, that the teenage years is when we find ourselves? I hate this, choosing sides and all of these aimed threats and stuff. Going through all of this self-discovery just for that is stupid. I can't distinguish the truth from lies anymore! I can't handle this anymore! I can't--" I paused with a thought dawning on me. "Oh my gosh. I don't even know what I want in my life." Through my glistening tears, Monique was staring in bewilderment. 

I could barely make out the words that came from my lips as I hoarsely whispered, "Monique,  who am I? I am so confused, and I don't know what to do."


post signature

26 comments:

  1. Wow! Definitely intense but very good. Hope to see more exerts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful! I can feel it, I love it so much. I have bookmarked this post so I can always go back and read it. I can't wait to read more (if you share).
    -Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I actually attempted to write this several times, but it never came out "right." Then wrote when I was feeling it... I don't know how to describe it, exactly. It's like lightning, in a sense... you get what I mean though, right? That's how it's like.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  3. That is beautiful! I would love to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jollygirl! :D :D :D

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  4. That's very beautiful and strong ! I hope you post more of this !

    xx
    Molly
    http://www.corinnemolly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Molly! Let's hope there's time to post more, too!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  5. Intrigued! :) I like the darker side of this. I haven't really seen anything like that from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Kate! Usually I write stories that have dark sides-- but not too dark so that the darkness is overshadowing and jagged. You know what I mean?

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you thank you thank you, Livy!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  7. That's awesome, Morning! I'm speechless! It's so beautiful and emotional!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Morning! Thanks so much! I wanted to write something that had a touch of darkness of it but make it not TOO dark, and this was the way I went. ^.^

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  8. Wow, I'm intrigued! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Oakstar! I'd love to post more, but I'm kind of protective of my work... xD

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  9. That's amazing! I love writing as well. I would never be able to share it on my blog though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can see where you are coming from about not wanting to share your writing on your blog; people might possibly steal your work or (this one can be worse) the fact that you're sharing something delicate to your heart. :)

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  10. Awesome job! Real good, m'dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you, Sophia!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
    2. Yep! Is it your birthday? If so, happy birthday! :)

      Delete
    3. No, my birthday isn't today... it's real close, though! XD

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  11. That was a really intense scene- plus, this might sounds trivial, but I LOVE how you actually mentioned that your nose starts running when you cry (I'm sorry, but a lot of books tends to leave it out and that makes crying look nice whereas its actually a messy and sticky business xD)
    Following.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha, yeah, when I reread this right before I post, I frowned at the fact that the scene did not sound realistic at all when we actually cry in real life. XD

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  12. I have tagged you for an award: http://almostcompletelymad.blogspot.com.au/2014/09/20-things-you-might-not-know-about-me.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! I'll be sure to do it!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Morning