18 August 2014

Summer Rewind

If you've been reading some of my posts from May, I mentioned that I was going to create some sort of meme, link up, or blog tag. Then in early June I mentioned that I was going to go and post whatever I created at the end of the summer because it seemed for fitting. I'm not sure whether this will catch on or not because of so many different problems, mainly the northern and southern hemisphere season conflicts and the time when summer ends for everyone. Hopefully I posted this at a time where it's convenient for a lot of people.

Alright, enough with the rambling. So, finally, after making graphics that have been sitting on my computer's desktop for nearly two months, with it's kilo and megabytes, collecting pixel dust, I finally am happy and able to present to you:

The Summer Rewind Tag!
Rules:
1. Thank the person(s) who tagged you.
2. Post about five to eight things that you did over the summer or upcoming in your summer schedule!* Pictures are optional.
4. Answer the ten summer/fall questions given to you.
6. Tag 5 or more bloggers and tell them by commenting on their blog.
5. Ask ten new summer/fall related questions.
7. Share the banner above when you publish the post and credit the photo and the tag origin (http://theworldthroughmywindowsill.blogspot.com/).
*Note: If you live in the southern hemisphere, just share about what's happening in your season right now but answer the questions as if it were summer.

Summer Activities
1. Youth Conference-- this was a great way to kick of the summer because until this youth conference, I was at home, saying, "Can I please get out of the house?" I met up with some of my friends who I didn't see often and met new friends. If you can't go to youth retreats, then you should go to a conference like this, because this four-day event is just unbelievable amazing. I have to warn you-- it is a bit like school, except if you forgot what class or activity you signed up for that day, everyone is relaxed about it and you're allowed to pop up into another class.

2. Town-Wide Community Event Party-- There was this community event party, and my mom kind of beckoned my brother, grandmother, and I to come along with my uncle, aunt, and their family. It was seriously fun, because I saw people from school (that rarely happens in the summer) and because some of my friends were volunteers at the event, I got to see some things that only the volunteers are allowed to see.  Plus, they were like, "Hey, Morning, you're actually growing taller!" Then I'm here internally like, "YAAASSS." And one of my friends was like (we saw puppets of these guys), "Guys, it's Bob the Tomato!" There were some amazing people there, like a contestant from The Voice, and TobyMac. Yeah, TobyMac!

3. Movies-- This was the summer I saw the most movies because I even though I only went to the movie theaters two or three times, I watched so many because we binge-watched movies there. The movies I watched are How To Train Your Dragon 2 (I watched this twice, but it's worth it), Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Planes: Fire and Rescue, one international movie that originated from the Philippines, and Guardians of the Galaxy. So many great movies; my family is going out to do this on Tuesday, possibly.

4. Community Picnics-- I went to several of these this summer. The first one wasn't technically in the summer, but it was to celebrate the summer. There I entered a watermelon eating contest! The second one was a neighborhood picnic, and I got to see one of my teachers/coaches from school and watch my brother play basketball. The last one I was just for fun, and I still got to meet up with people I haven't seen in awhile. The picture above is from the second picnic I mentioned.

5. Soccer-- I can't believe I actually did this this summer, but I've been dying for a long time to actually tell you guys about this! Before I join the rec soccer league in my town's local YMCA, I had no soccer skills, and my coach was super strict (that's the reason why, whenever our assistant coach was there ahead of the coach, we'd hurry though our stretches). And I sort of gotten in trouble and called out a lot because of my lack of skills. But I've improved so much, and I'm so happy! 

6. The Engineering Camps-- I might sound really dorky with what I am about to say, but I love these camps! Loved the activities we did--taking selfies and photobombing on the camp's computers and tablets, or being able to explore some of the campus's sights-- it was amazing and absolutely fun. This was something that saved me from summer boredom, because June is usually activity packed while July is pretty lazy.

7. Going to the airport-- the picture is in the car in the late evening/early morning. My entire family didn't go on a trip to another state or country, but my mom and grandma were lucky to go and visit several states, actually. My dad, brother, and I drove all the way to the airport, which is on one of the far sides of the town, at 1:30 in the morning to go and pick them up. Best of all, we got huge Cinnabons and all sorts of souvenirs (mainly food. Including my leggings; I received jellybean and hamburger leggings. Food-themed leggings.) I can't wait to go on an airport and travel-- it's not long before that will happen. ;) Besides, the last time I've been on a plane was in 2012 (long before I started this blog), when I went to go visit New York City and some of the major cities of Canada!

8. Type One Heart Blockage-- This summer I found out about the third heart beat and got it checked out. So how does the picture above relate to it? There really is no relation to it, really, except this was the food my parents got for our family on that day (my appointment was in the morning but it was nearly lunchtime when it finished). If the Mexican food picture doesn't look pretty, I'm sorry-- that was the same day I had school registration, and I had to hurry eating.

The Questions
1. When did you get out of school?
2. When are you heading back to school?
3. Name three songs on your summer playlist.
4. Do you prefer beaches or swimming pools?
5. What's your favorite summer treat?
6. Does your skin tan or burn?
7. Name the summer activity you love, and the one you absolutely despise. ("Hate" is a strong word.)
8. Something you discovered this summer?
9. If you can, post a picture of your summer outfit. (If you don't have a camera, find an outfit via Pinterest).
10. Something you'll be missing from this summer?

My Answers:
1. I got out of school on May 22nd...
2. ...and now I'm going back this Wednesday, August 20th.
3. Three songs on my summer playlist are Maps by Maroon 5, Girls Chase Boys by Ingrid Michaelson, and I Choose You by Sara Bareilles. 
4. I prefer beaches. I'm not sure why. But I love swimming pools too.
5. My favorite summer treat is ice cream! :D
6. My skin is luckily one of those who just tans, not burns. No skin to peel off, there!
7. An activity I love is really just going outside. The summer activity I despise? Waking up early. Summer is the time to go and sleep in!
8. Something I discovered this summer is how a day feels like when you're all alone in your house and you go on with your day by your own agenda. I got to go and run outside screaming for no reason (except for possibly excitement), binge watched the last six episodes of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and eating ice cream during lunch. It's an amazing feeling.
9. Here's a picture for my summer outfit. Funny, the jean dress in the picture is going to be one of the things I'm wearing to school in several days: 
10. I'm definitely going to be missing the simplicity, because with the grade I'm entering-- I'm serious-- I feel like I'm walking into a hurricane that I could clearly see. I don't feel ready, but hurling into unexpected activities is my specialty. That's how it was for dance, theater, middle school, a lot of things. But usually when I run into things that are unexpected, by the end of it, I'll say, "That was amazing. Let's do it all over again!"

I nominate:
1. June
2. Chloee
3. Emily
4. Lizzie
5. Sarah
And anyone else who wants to do this!

This isn't a part of the tag, but before I finish this post and log off, here is basically a collage of what I've done through the entire summer:


1. My grandmother came back from her month long travel in Europe.
2. I went to a youth conference.
3. I went to a huge community event party.
4. I watched movies-- the day I took that picture, I saw How To Train Your Dragon 2.
5. I went to a picnic.
6. A picture from the second to final game from soccer.
7. The medal everyone received for participating in soccer that summer.
8. Picking up my mom and grandmother from the airport!
9. I'm texting my friend, and she's telling me how Lays is filled with 50% air.
10. A picture of one of the souvenirs my mom got. 
11. Look! It's a robot from the air show!
12. Went to go on a binge-watching day of movies.
13. I got my heart checked out on that day and ate Mexican food.
14. Greek festival! Yeah!

post signature

8 comments:

  1. Awesome tag! SO cool:) You have been so busy. We never do much in the holidays, even the summer ones. It's hard to imagine that you're in Summer while we're in winter, so weird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kat! I usually am not that busy, because my parents have to bring me to my activites (they're more than a mile away from my house). And yeah, it would be weird imagining the polar opposite of seasons on different hemispheres! Though I know in some regions of the world there's just a sunny season and rainy season. Those are the only two seasons those regions got!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. This is a nice post! The tag you created is really cool! It looks like you've had fun this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jollygirl! If you want, you're free to do the tag. ^.^ And I did have tons if fun this summer, both in the blogosphere and, more importantly, in my life outside of the screen.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  3. I will fill this out asap! I nominated you for the Liebster award! http://castleintheair-inspired.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just filled it out!! http://castleintheair-inspired.blogspot.com/
    xxLizzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! And thanks for nominating me! I'll check it out!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Morning