20 July 2014

Of Shippings and Ice Cream (Liebster Award Again)

I've been nominated once again for the Liebster Award by Eve, Jollygirl, Michaela and Oakstar! Thank you all!
+ Post eleven facts about yourself.
+ Answer the eleven questions provided by the person who nominated you and then create an eleven-question set for the next group of nominees.
+ Choose eleven people to nominate and link them in the post.
+ Let your nominees know they've been tagged - and no tag-backs!
My (44) facts:
1) I'd like to say I'm a pacifist 70 percent of the time. The other 30 percent is when I have to start speaking louder to fight and stand up for what is right.
2) I rarely procrastinate unless it's summer or I have to force myself to write. In my case right now, I've been hit by a double whammy.
3) I love anything that revolves around the arts and sports.
4) I tend to use intricate vocabulary when I'm cranky.
5) I can do double digit multiplication in my head in a matter of seconds.
6) My fashion sense (I'm not much into fashion) revolves around vests, hats, and horizontal stripes.
via
7) My favorite ice cream flavor is mint chocolate chip.
8) I've been working on my longest novel project for three or four years.
9) I have no idea what career I'm going to get into or what I'll major in for college.
10) By graduation for high school, I would have maybe laughed at what I said for number nine.
11) I just binged-watched and finished up on Friday season one of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. because...
12) My entire family was out and about either at work or on a men's only fishing trip...
13) So I had the entire house to myself, plus my grandma, who knitted most of the day.
14) I also was bombarded with TONS of blog orders to fulfill.
15) I spent an hour running outside yesterday because I haven't been outside on my own time.
16) On Friday, I ate a calzone with spinach for lunch.
17) For dinner, I ate barbecue grilled chicken wings.
18) In the evening, I spent most of my time stretching.
19 I read lots, too.
20) I also kept switching the TV channels back and forth between Sleepless In Seattle and Rio, because nothing good was on for movies.
via
21) I finished the day reading the end of Michael Vey: Prisoner of Cell 25 by Richard Paul Evans. Ha! Still remember the author from the book competition.
22) I actually had to turn an electric fan on because it was so hot in my room. This usually doesn't happen.
23) If I were a Hogwarts student, I would probably be in Ravenclaw.
24) I now ship Fitz/Simmons.
25) Which is weird, because I usually don't make a big deal shipping one true pairings (OTPs).
26) I am current reminiscing the time in fifth grade when all of us fifth graders kept knocking on on the wall that separated the fifth grade classrooms because we had a Narnia fandom craze.
27) I can't wait until Blood of Olympus comes out!
28) Now I'm wondering why most YA novels have love triangles. In the end, there's going to be one pairing, you know!
29) I wonder how Lin got the scar on her face.
30) I have yet to see the two new Legend of Korra episodes that came out last Friday.
31) I'm Divergent with an aptitude between Abnegation, Erudite, and Amity!
32) I like looking at different conspiracies that connect different fandoms together (like the one that connects Frozen, Tangled and the Little Mermaid together).
33) I missing singing Frozen songs aloud in theater.
34) With that said, I currently miss all of my friends, who I've had limited contact with.
35) Now with theater mentioned, I want to audition for at least one play this year: either (can't mention name of the plays, sorry): the royalty, the swashbuckling, or the storybook telling one.
36) I'm happy about actually contacting the school counselors about how my schedule got mixed up; I get to go to do Algebra II! No way am I taking Geometry again.
37) I have "Do You Want To Build A Snowman" stuck in my head, but...
38) I am listening to a song called "Sticks and Stones."
39) Currently I am craving a pita.
40) Because I have many blog designs, I can not reply to your comments. :(
41) I'm really awkward.
42) Speaking about myself is really awkward, because I'm usually a closed, reserved person.
43) When I was younger, I used to knock on the back of wardrobes.
44) This post is kinda stressing me out.

Eve's Questions:
1. "If you could choose your own natural hair color, what color would it be?"
The color I would change my natural hair color to is a chocolate brown. I can't change my complexion or demeanor, so it if it were that shade I would be fine. I'd imagine myself with also red hair, or just black hair with orange highlights, something I was going to do over the summer but instead ran out of time to do.
2. "If a dog started talking to you would you...
A. Jump up and down screaming and run away at the shock of it.
B. Think your mind was playing tricks on you and walk on.
C. Start up a conversation with the dog.
D. Non of the above. What kind of question is this anyways?"
I would start up a conversation with the dog, definitely! I'd pretty much ask how life is from a dog's point of view! I mean, honestly, how often do you bump into talk dogs every single day? Not everyday, right? Might as well take that chance to do so!
3. "How do you eat a Twix bar?"
I usually just try to take small bites in the beginning, but when the Twix is almost gone, I take big bites.
4. "Would you rather keep your Christmas tree up for a year or wear Christmas sweaters for a year?"
I'd rather keep my Christmas tree up for a year. Most people in my neighborhood usually don't remove their Christmas lights until May through July, so it wouldn't be that awkward. I love Christmas sweaters, but I 
doubt I can stand the heat.
All of these questions are making me think of Christmas-- in July!
5. "If you had to dress in a certain time period's fashion all your life, which would it be?"
Hmm... Whichever time period thought that vests, hats, and horizontal stripes were in, which was probably the late nineties/early 2000s. If you're wondering if that's how I usually dress up, then yes.
6. "Is there a food you eat that when you eat it you think of a certain memory?"
An orange is the food I associate with fifth grade. We always had this orange peeling contest between everyone in class to see who can peeling their orange skin all in one piece clean. My friends-- who, to this day, I'm still good friends with-- at my group (pod), we always had this mini competition against each other. This was four years ago.
7. "If you could be the author of one of your favorite books, which would it be?"
I'm not sure. I'm indecisive for this song.
8. "Who is one person through History that you would like to chat with?"
So many! I haven't really gotten into history until recently, so the people I would choose are Martin Luther King Jr., C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, L.M. Montgomery, and King Arthur, same as Jollygirl. Mr. King wrote great speeches and did so much in his lifetime to fight for what he strongly believed in. One of his speeches, called What Is Your Life's Blueprint, is hanging up on my mirror. The next three people are all author I admire. Finally, I'd meet King Arthur, because when I was in a play based on Camelot, I read up on some of the legends and found them fascinating.
9." Is there a song that annoys you? If so what is it?"
#SELFIE. When I first heard this song, I was thinking that it was just a made-up song or parody of a song that the radio station made up. They tend to do that in the mornings. Then, people told me, "You know this is a real song, right?" I have nothing against people taking seflies, but when you're singing a song about selfless and you aren't really even singing... Come on! It just annoys me so much!
10. "Would you rather wear flip flops in the winter, or wear a coat in the summer?"
This is simple: wear flip flops in the winter. I live in a place that has snow for almost half of the year round. I can stand out in twenty below weather and be just fine with a light sweatshirt and books. Besides, "the cold never bothered me anyway." I'm used to the weather!

11. "Things you didn't get to do this summer:"
There are a couple, actually. First, I haven't traveled anywhere out of town. Second, I didn't hang out with friends (my parents are so busy, they haven't helped set up a schedule to check out and meet friends' parents), Finally, I've never been fishing this year, something my family does annually. I still have a month left, so I may be able to go and do some of these activities on time!
Left to right: Sara Bareilles, Colbie Calliat, and Taylor Swift
Jollygirl and Michaela's Questions:
1. "What type of music do you listen to? (Genre, artists, songs?)"
You'll be surprised at how much music I listen to. I usually listen to movie soundtracks because, if you read my last post, most of the pop songs on the radio nowadays (western pop) all away the same thing. We need diversity in our music! I listen to pop... from other countries. Canada, New Zealand, Australia, the UK, even Icelandic! I'll also listen to folk and indie. There are so many songs that I love listening to, I can't list them all! But here are some of my favorite artists: Sara Bareilles, Colbie Calliat, Taylor Swift, OneRepublic, Jason Mraz, John Powell, Harry Gregson-Williams, Jeremy Zuckerman, Lorde, and Birdy. As I'm typing this, I'm listening to this video right here by Colbie Calliat. Nice message it has:

2. "What usually cheers you up?"
My friends and music. ^.^ 
3. "What makes you sad?"
Something that makes me sad is when I see and visit my real life friends for the last time and won't be able to see them awhile (the main reason why I suffer summertime sadness). Sure, I can text and email them, but hanging out with the, is much more fun. There's more interaction and we can never go five minutes without laughing. Some of my friends I may not see again at all, like the ones from my theater group. :( (If I ask my parents if I can audition for ONE play this year with my local theater group, I'll see them again. The chances of that happening are pretty slim!)
4. "Is there something you constantly misplace at your house or anywhere?"
Most people don't know this about me, but when I have to stare at anything that has a screen, I need to wear glasses. Before, I used to wear them daily. Sometimes I wear my glasses even when I'm not on a screen. A lot of times, I read with my glasses on, so whenever I need to get onto my laptop, I can't find my glasses and spend about ten minutes trying to look for them, almost every single day.

5. "Do you have a favorite book? Why or why not?"
I have a favorite book list, but a book that stands alone that's my favorite? That would take me hours to pick out of a compiled list! If I had to think extremely hard, I would choose Shug, by Jenny Han, or Wonder, by R.J. Palacio.
6. "What is the longest you have slept?"
The longest I've slept is for fifteen hours because my family flew from the west side of the country to New York state... and I never slept during all of those flights. I'm thinking that this year, I might top that when my family flies for vacation in the next couple of months.
7. "Do you have anyone you go to for advice?"
Yes. I have lots of friends in the community who tend to clash heads with one another sometimes, so whenever there is an argument break out, I tend to have to play peacemaker and say, "Stop! Let's work this out." Then I listen to both sides of the story and give advice from there. And yeah, even when I wasn't there for an argument, people will come to me and ask for help.
8. "What is the one habit you are proud of breaking or want to break?"
I want to break the habit of biting my nails.
9. "What do you usually order at a restaurant? What is your favorite restaurant?"
At a restaurant, I like to order (if they have any) ravioli. My family seldom gets any, so when there a chance to grab ravioli, I'll take it! I also love egg drop soup from Asian restaurants, but I wouldn't mind trying a burger or steak on occasion. My favorite restaurant? This place isn't necessarily a restaurant, but it's a fancy cafe-like place that serves sandwiches and subs.
10. What is your favorite word? Least favorite?
I tend to say "shish kebabs" spontaneously, so that must be my favorite word.
I don't have a least favorite word.
11. "Describe something that happened you for which there was no reasonable explanation?"
Some people in my science class last year, including myself, made a pun board on the white board. 
Oakstar's Questions
1. If you could cast a Patronus, what would the happy memory be? (Translation from geek-speak: What's your happiest memory?)
I know you've heard me rave on about these people so many times right now. This is my most happy memory, but one of my happiest. My happy memory would be doing theater. Before, I used to be stuck at home during break, 24/7. All I did every day was write on my laptop, which I loved. But I wanted freedom to explore. Theater took two months of my life, in a good way, and turned it upside down. I got a chance to go out into the world and live my life rather then spent my time facing a screen.
2. What would your Boggart be? (Translation from geek-speak: What's your worst fear?)
Ooh, this is tough... I'm not sure how the Boggart would appear as, but my worst two fears are tied: not having freedom and deep water. Freedom means everything to me, and by freedom, I mean running outside and hanging out with my friends and being out there meeting people in the community, face-to-face. As of now, almost all of my freedom has almost been taken, except for contact through email and text.
3. Apples or oranges?
Oranges, because I have memories associated with them! If you have no idea what I'm talking about, go up and look at one of my previous answers to Eve's or Jollygirl's/Michaela's set of questions up above, which explains and goes a little bit into the memory.
4. Do you like tea?
I LOVE tea! Well, herbal tea, anyways; I have never tried milk tea before. It's very seldom that my family has it in our household, so whenever I stay go to a hotel or I go to a youth retreat, the two places that has tons of tea, I try to drink as much as I can.
5. Hair: Curly or straight?
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking... I have wavy hair, which is not exactly curly or straight. If you're asking what sort of hair I would style my hair as everyday, I'd have it curly, but just a tiny bit. I love the hair I have now, and nothing is going to change that.
6. What fictional character would you slap in the face when you meet?
There's this one character in Wonder, the main external antagonist was Julian. He was super mean; he kept telling people stuff about Auggie behind his back, and sometimes, right up to his face. He indirectly bullied Auggie in front of the entire cast. But as I said in my last post, I don't think I would have had the heart to actually slap him in the face because violence is really against my nature.
7. What's an irrational fear that you have that nobody else has, such as the fear of the colour pink?
I don't think I have an irrational fear...
8. What's a strange pet peeve of yours?
My friends from this camp and I talked about this, but we get annoyed when there's a random physical open door in our sight and we just want to close it. It's something that we kept talking about for twenty minutes straight and never thought was weird for one second.
9. Do you think you spend too much time on the internet, wish you spent more, or do you think you spend just enough time?
I spend way too much time on the Internet, but only for a good reason: my real life friends, the ones that I know from school; some of them don't have phones or they can't text, so the only way to connect with them is through email. (Like my friend Brynn.)
10. Do you enjoy camping?
Are you kidding me? I LOVE CAMPING!!! To be honest, I've only been on one trip that was actual wilderness/forest camping; the only camping that I've been to is camping when I go deep net fishing each year. I wish I can go do more traditional camping, or even go to a residential summer camp! I've never been to one of them (residential summer camps are foreign terms to my parents).
11. Spicy, salty, or sweet?
Sweet. I can not express how much I can't handle spicy foods. If you gave me spicy Cheetos, I would then ask to have two bottles of water. That's how much I can't stand spiciness. As for saltiness, I can only stand it so much.
NOMINATING:
Livy from Little Livys
Lexie from What Lexie Loves
Maiya from Willowy and Wispy
Jada from Through the Eyes of a Writer
Chloe from Rainbow of Words
Questions:
1) Do you value justice or mercy more?
2) How many pairs of shoes do you own?
3) How long can you balance on one foot?
4) Would you rather trade some intelligence for looks or looks for intelligence?
5) If you could ask your future self one question what would it be?
6) What do you have on your fridge door?
7) Do you prefer straight or bendy straws?
8) Do you often read your horoscope?
9) What was the last DVD you purchased?
10) Which are cooler? Dinosaurs or Dragons?
11) Favorite song from a movie?
post signature

5 comments:

  1. Great answers! I love Ravioli and Wonder is one of my favorite books too! Like you I don't have a favorite book! I just have a long list of books that I love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! It was fun learning more about you. Oh and I nominated you over on my blog. :] http://thestoryofthisgirlslife.blogspot.sg/2014/07/the-sunshine-blogger-award-3.html

    ~Natasha
    thestoryofthisgirlslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I'm not sure if I could do the tag or not (I'm going to be busy for the rest of the week), but I'll try! Thanks so much for nominating me, though!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  3. Soooo sorry I didn't do this.

    Noor told me about it and I was busy at the time, it's too late now or else I would do it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Morning