07 July 2014

I Am Quite Stuck-- With Writing.

All that I feel like I've been doing lately is procrastinate. Usually I am not the one to be lazy over what I have to do-- even when my grades were slipping to B's, I did not get lazy and didn't do anything about; I did quite the opposite. Maybe it is something about this lazy weather and spending hours most of my weeks either reading books for next year's school competition or reading blogs. I've been so used to not really getting out of the house that I'm not being as productive on the tasks I want to do, if I actually do them.

In fact, as I am typing this, I'm already feeling too tired to continue on with this post, the only thing keeping me going is listening to LOUD movie scores via iPhone and the that I am feeling quite motivated to actually get writing of any form done sometime soon. Though, as of now, I'm listening to this song with a nice blend of folk called "Into a Fantasy".

For weeks now, I was supposed to be getting lots of writing and Camp NaNoWriMo preparation done, but every single day, I constantly kept either one, a sever case of writer's block, or something else in my life came up. I was ready to write those 50,000 words that depicted Bee's story, but now, I can't. Sad as it is to say: I'm stuck.

I've never had writer's block before, or did a long stretch of procrastination before.

Yet, still, I am writing this blog post, and now, I have hit the dead end.

I am stuck.

Usually, I am one to give advice, but today it is time that the reader and the writer switch roles. Do you have any advice to overcome this big double whammy, this wall made of writer's block and procrastination combined?

Finally, before I sign off, Wednesday is the last day to post your writing contest entries, and my cover of Titanium is below (audio only, sorry, and I was kind of sick when I recorded this from two weeks ago).


Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

9 comments:

  1. Hope things sort out soon! Try this post for ideas: http://imogenelvis.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/3-ways-to-find-motivation.html Love this blog. Imogen is lot's of fun. You should read her blog.
    Love the new blog design by the way!
    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll check out the link! :D

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. Morning-
    Oh, I'm so sorry!!! :( That sounds terrible! For you, since you're working on your story, I'd definitely recommend taking a day off from actually attempting to write and reading through what you already have. Go back to the beginning through early scenes, those little notes of ideas you shot down on loose leaf sheets of paper, character sketches, etc... whatever you have. In other words, go back to the start and it may motivate you to reach the finish. That works for me a lot of times. :) Even looking back on writing from years and years ago (that should never see sunlight) is motivating because it can show you just how far you've come.
    Good luck! I hope that the writer's block goes away soon! :(
    -Morning Kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Morning! Yeah, I was thinking about taking a break-- this entire day, I've been reading and (cringing) at old versions of my manuscripts and searching up character pictures for all of my novels, it really helped a lot!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry Morning :( I hope things get so much better soon <3
    You have a beautiful voice by the way!
    I nominated you for the Sunshine Award.
    Head over to my blog for your questions.

    xoxo,
    Bethan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I hope things will get so much better soon, too. :( And thank you for the award! I'll be sure to check it out and post my answers sometime next week-- all of times this week for posting are all filled up! :D

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  4. Morning, you have an inner beauty that few people carry with them. If you're having a tough couple of weeks productivity and writing-wise, don't worry. You're what- fourteen? You've done so much for such a young person. Participating in Camp Nanowrimo, going to writing camps, starting blogs, this is a lot for even an adult to do. Here's some advice- take your eyes off electronics for a few days and do something active, whether it is running around your living room or doing something outside if the weather clears up. You'll get that writer's itch again, and when you do, hit the computer screen and write your heart out. Don't look at anything else- cat pictures, blogs, websites- and just write. On your blog. For camp. A fun fan-fic.
    Don't worry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Anonymous! For my age... yeah, I'm somewhere around that age (not necessarily 14, but in that range). You message made me really happy. ^.^ I think I actually will go out and do that-- spend time outside of the electronics. Honestly, it's kind of what I've been wanting to do for weeks, but with me not really being allowed to go outside, I couldn't. That's what I'll do. Tomorrow, I will go and spend my time at the university making solar panels and run on campus! Thank you for the advice-- I really appreciate it.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  5. Hi Morning!!! I think that you should take a break from writing and reading for one of two days. Don't even read blogs and don't use electronics. Take a nice walk outside! If you still have writers block, just write scentences about your life until you have an idea. This might be boring but after a while you might get an idea. An example is below.
    Example
    My name is ---------- I have --------- people in my family. I am ------------- years old.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Morning