14 July 2014

Award Spree!

Hi, everyone! I got nominated by Bethan and Lizzie for le Prix De Soleil! No, I don't know French, but I've been searching for classes in town to learn the language! Thank you, you two! Please go check out their blogs; they're amazing writers! I loved the questions that they gave me. I spent about four hours thinking and writing about them, so unlike my usual answers to the Sunshine Award, these are pretty lengthy. I hope when you read through them, you'll learn a little more about me!


RULES:
i. Thank the person who nominated you.
ii. Answer the questions the person who nominated you asked.
iii. Nominate a few other bloggers.
iv. Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you nominated.
v. Notify the bloggers you nominated on their blog.
vi. Put the award button on your blog.
Bethan's Questions:
1. "When is your birthday (you don't have to say the year)?"
My birthday is sometime in September! Let's just keep it at that for now. And let me just say that my birthday is at the end of the month, and that I'm a Libra. So really, you all have one in eight chances to guess my birthday correctly. When my birthday does comes, I will tell you all, and we will kick it off possibly with a blog party! Haha, that idea just popped into my mind. :)

2. "Why did you start blogging?"
I started blogging because long story short, I loved writing. That, and I also didn't know who I am. I forgot what this pyramid was called, but they mentioned in health class the stage that people around the ages of 12-19 (maybe it went up to 21) are going through is self-identity, meaning you're trying to find the answer to the questions, "Who am I?" "What do I stand for?" "What is my purpose?" I'm in that age range and I'm asking myself those questions, too. So, with those two thoughts at hand, I decided to make this blog to also, one, share my thoughts and opinions and to have a voice that eventually would relate to people in their toughest times, and two, record all of the ups and downs happening in my life. The title, The Ups and Downs of My Not-So-Average Life (yes, it's a mouthful, I'm sorry; the nickname is just Ups and Downs) really reflects all of those reasons of why I blog. And honestly? "Not-so-average" is just my way of saying "unique". We all go through similar trials and turmoils but we each go through them differently. Just as I yelled aloud in the cafeteria while walking with my friend Jaden on the last week of school (note: she's a girl): "We are never alone!"

3. "What is on the top of your To Be Read pile?"
Oooh, this is so hard! I'm not sure because usually, I check out books from the library by just picking them off the shelves, and then I end up enjoying the books and try to look for their sequels. That, and on Goodreads, my friends recommend books to me. Until two days ago, the top of my TBR pile was I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore. Now, I think it's Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson. She has about three books out, with only Second Chance Summer I read. I love her style of writing. I've been going to the library for about three months now always asking whether the book is checked out or not.

My current book pile from the library. How To Betray A Dragon's Hero and The Meaning of Maggie were renewed books.
4. "How are you today? :)"
I'm quite well, thank you! I'm just a bit tired from helping my dad shop at Home Depot and going over to get pitas for lunch while my brother was complaining about missing who won the FIFA World Cup. Staying at home most of the summer has really made me bored around the household. ^.^ The only contact I have with my real life friends are through texting, this blog, and seeing them at Costco. They read my blog, but they never comment. They're silent ninja readers! A, W, and D, you know who you are.

5. "If you could be room mates with one fictional character, who would it be and why?"
If I had to be room mates with one fictional character, I would choose Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series. She seems the safest one to actually be a room mate with compared to Katniss, Tris, and Clary. A close runner up would be Annabeth Chase from Percy Jackson. She's used to meeting people and chatting with them at Camp Half-Blood, and I would chat with her nonstop and learn reading Ancient Greek fluently from her.

6. "If you could be one fictional character, who would it be and why?"
Have you guys ever heard of the fictional character Stargirl from the book by Jerry Spinelli under the same name? If you haven't heard of her, her real name is Susan Caraway, a sophomore-formerly-home schooled girl who attended Mica Area High School, known as MAHS for short. Anyways, she was the one who caused all of these bursts of individuality throughout the school, something that they mostly lacked prior to her arrival, but then those bursts soon became, sadly, what made the entire school shun her. I'd seriously love to be her. She is selfless and knows how to play the ukulele real well. And her "magical place", the place in the middle of the desert where she does nothing, is beautiful. I tried to do nothing once, and it almost worked. It almost did!

7. "If you could push one fictional character off a cliff, who would it be and why?"
It's a tie between Peter Van Houten from The Fault In Our Stars and Peter from Divergent. I have nothing against Peters! I really love the Peter from The Chronicles of Narnia, his character. But Van Houten... he didn't have to turn out the way that he did, you know. And Peter from Divergent-- I mean, you guys know what he did with a butter knife, right? I despise them both ("hate" is a strong word), but I don't think I would have the actual heart to push them off the cliff. I would've spared them, because pushing people off of cliffs is against my usual compassionate persona.

8. "What is your favourite book genre e.g classic, fantasy, sci-fi?"
This is so hard! I read so many genres-- fantasy, dystopia, contemporary, books such as those. I'm only scratching the Young Adult surface. There's really strict rules about what I can read involving the YA genre, so I can only read anything that's on my book competition list for this year! I would have to say fantasy is my favorite book genre, because it's fantasy! Dragons, mythical spells! All of those beauteous wonders that can help you escape reality! What more could you ask for?

9. "Dogs or cats?"
That's hard. Um... I'm a Libra, as I mentioned before. According to this book I've read up on in third grade about zodiac signs, the animals, if there were any animals to represent it, since the scales represent that zodiac, is a cat and a dog. Their personality traits will keep rocking back and forth. I think I would choose a dog, because I can actually run with them. Cats are adorable, but however adorable they would be, it's hard to take baths for them and they cough up hairballs. I have a friend who owns a cat and she says that her cats never listen to her, EXCEPT for training them to get to the litter box.

10. "Would you rather read or write?"
When I first saw this, I was like, "Uh-oh, this is going to cause a conundrum." And wouldn't it? It really depends on how you interpret the context. It could either mean read or write as for skills, or read and write as for things you like to do. After awhile, I thought about it. Write, so that way, I can read what I've written! You have to learn how to read first, before you can write, so you can do both! Reading is unavoidable! I don't think I necessarily got myself out of that tough situation, but... well, at least I tried. And now you all have seen an insight into the mind of Morning.

Lizzie's Questions:
1. "Who is your favorite blogger?  Put their name and link below!"
I don't have any favorite bloggers! It's so hard just to choose from one, you know? Most of the bloggers I know of I'm friends with. ^.^ You readers and bloggers out there are all amazing. You know that, right?

2. "Cookies or Cake?"
That's strange: I had to choose between the two of these before lunch! I would choose cookies. I love cookies-- chocolate-chip, snicker doodle, sugar-- whatever kind they are, it doesn't matter to me. The cookies may be sweet, but the frosting on some cakes is just too sweet for my taste. That's the reason why I only taste a little bit of frosting and then 90% of the time, I scrape the frosting off my cake. 

3. "If you had to choose one eating utensil to use for the rest of your life, what would it be?"
A spoon! How would I eat soup with a fork or chopsticks? That would be hard to do! Really, there are many foods that you can't eat without using a spoon, mostly anything has been liquidized or a liquid-like texture. I would have liked to say straw.... but you can't really eat with a straw, unless it's one of those super strong straws that don't bend down due to its weight.

4. "Least favorite song?"
This question makes me want to type in random letters on the keyboard in confusion because there really isn't an answer to this, meaning one solid answer. Honestly, I don't like most songs that were made after 2012 because (at least the ones I listen to on the radio) they're not really songs that I can relate to. That's what music is all about, you know? It's suppose to make us feel, make us connect with everyone and the world around us. How are we suppose to connect and feel something when lots of songs talk about partying and they have the same message? We need more variety!

5."Fandom(s) you are in?"
The Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and The Legend of Korra, just to name a few. I have a ton more... and I pretty much love almost every single animated movie out there. If you asked me all of the movies I have watched this year, I will tell you I have watched all animated movies except for Captain America: The Winter Soldier. I don't know what's up watching animated movies with my brother and I. 

6.Fruit or vegetables?
Fruits! I love fruits. Mangoes, pineapples, apricots, bananas, all of them are delicious! I especially love dried mangoes, the ones that you can get from the store, and freshly made mango smoothies. They have lots of those in the Philippines when I last went there for vacation, and they are just perfect, flawless drinks. I think after all of the theater posts I posted you know that I'm into fruit boba (aka pearl/boba milk tea and bubble tea). Some vegetables are pretty good as well, but if you've tasted vegetables such as bitter melon--yuck! So bitter! The taste is in the name!

7. "Why are you in those (^^) Fandom(s)?
Well, I briefly explained why I'm kind of into animated fandoms earlier in question five. As for the Chronicles of Narnia and Harry Potter, I can give you one word to describe them, a thing that ties them together: magic. C.S. Lewis and J.K. Rowling have a writing style that's so vivid, you can actually envision what is going on in the novel and what you're envisioning is so clear. With Avatar: The Last Airbender, my brother and I watched the show whenever we had the chance. It was one of the first shows I remember actually sitting down and watching outside of PBS. And the Legend of Korra was the follow-up to that. Avatar: the Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra turned something cliched into something extraordinary. Both shows have great storytelling, and I think that's why most popular shows and books are popular. In fact, all of these fandoms I'm apart of, I admire their storytelling. If you have a great story but poor storytelling, no one will tune in. It also works the other way around. Plus, when you do have great storytelling, the story will nestle in people's mind and will be memorable.

8."Desert or Rain forest for a month?"
I would definitely stay in a rain forest for a month! There's water, and water is vital for us to survive! It stops daytime fatigue! (Ack, sorry! I've been reading up about water lately since I've been bored). I could sleep up in the trees and spend my downtime weaving macrame to create a blanket and a hammock! If I stayed in the dessert, I'd die of thirst and would have no place to shield myself if a sandstorm came through.

9. "Hair texture? (Example: Curly, straight) Sorry, so random!!"
It's fine! My hair texture is really weird. Everyone in my family has straight hair except for me. Differences between simple things like that happen a lot between my family and I. For example, my real name is about as plain as it can get, while everyone else in my family has a hard-to-pronounce/uncommon first name. My hair is naturally wavy. It must have been something to do with the homozygous and heterozygous genes-- it all came down to genetics. 

10. "Are you picky when it comes to food?"
Yes. Yes, I am! When my family (well, just my brother, dad, and I; my mom and grandma are traveling at this moment in time) went to go get pitas, my dad got every single vegetable on the menu. My brother got about seven or eight of them. I only took diced tomatoes, two types of lettuce, and spinach! And I have a strong distaste for bitter foods. A very strong distaste.


Nominating:
And anyone else who wants to join!

My questions:
1) If you had the power to hangout with one of your favorite fictional characters, what would you two do?
2) What is your opinion on croissants?
3) One lesson that you wish you had learned earlier in life?
4) What Broadway show universe would you want to live in, and why?
5) When you can't go to sleep, what do you do? (Do you just read in bed, or stretch?)
6) If you had an alter ego, what would your alter ego's name be and what would their personality be like?
7) Name three to five bloggers you would want to meet, and why.
8) Something that you just can't stand?
9) What would your dream occupation be?
10) If you had three wishes given to you by a genie or a fairy, what would they be?

Also, here is my entry for the third category of Paige's photo challenge, nature! This was from the fishing trip I took. :) The clouds here tend to turn a pinkish crimson when the sun sets.



UPDATE: Right when I was about to post this, I also found out I was awarded by also awarded by Bethan once again for the Liebster Award! 


RULES:
i. Post eleven facts about yourself.
ii.Answer the eleven questions provided by the person who nominated you and then create an eleven-question set for the next group of nominees.
iii. Choose eleven people to nominate and link them in the post.
iv. Let your nominees know they've been tagged - and no tag-backs!

THE FACTS:
i. I'm pretty independent. I don't fall hop onto whatever the latest trend in society is, and that is why my some people that I know of always ask me if I am old-fashioned, which I am. I'm the rebel that stays behind. :) 
ii. I have a soft side for animated movies. I love them to pieces! That is also the reason why I choose multimedia artist and animator for my career research project.
iii. I'm an INFP and a Libra. An INFP, basically, is an idealist. And a Libra is the scales. ^.^ I provided links just in case you want to learn more about them.
iv. My favorite drink is a fruit boba!
v. My vision of a perfect day would be hanging out with my friends all day long, go to the movies and have a movie marathon, and cram ourselves into the theater's photo booth.
vi. I'm such an overachiever. I'm not even lying. By the end of high school, I want to go to a TED conference, be recognized as a winner for Scholastic's Art and Writing Awards in either the categories or novel or personal essay/memoir, and get published. Oh, and with that said, also learn three new languages and appear in at least five plays. Who am I kidding? Most high school aged people are worrying about passing their SATs and ACTs! And whenever I talk to my parents about this stuff, their like, "Wait, what in the world is that?"
vii. With that said, I am also a perfectionist.
viii. I am currently missing my friends and ice cream. :( 
ix. A fictional character that I am like (personality wise) is... well, I'm not sure. You guys have any ideas? If you do, please tell me, because I'm doing this sort of role-play and that kind of applies to this fact.
x. I am described, nicknamed, and look a lot like a Pikachu, a reason why I am feeling nervous just thinking about that author picture that will appear on that book blurb or book flap. Another reason why I prefer to be called Morning. >.<
xi. I'm really loyal and supportive of my friends, but whenever heads clash or we have to do a group project in class, they look up to me as peacemaker and the leader in charge of everything. I'm not keen on the idea of me being a leader. I'd rather run away and actually be free of responsibility. But you know, when you're appointed as one, who can't people down.

Bethan's (Next Set of) Questions:

1. "What colour are your eyes and what colour is your hair?"
The color of my eyes are brown and the color of my hair is black.

2. "Which author would you like to collaborate on a book with?"
Ooh, ooh, ooh! I would love to collaborate with Marie Lu, the author of the Legend trilogy! She is such a talented, yet underrated writer. I wish more people knew about her books, because they are just so good that I started this huge wave of people last school year to read them. And they got addicted. Or maybe some of the authors that I've met who blog-- Kate, Chloe and maybe even Jada. to name a few. :D But I'd love to write with you all, too!

3. "Who is your fictional boyfriend?"
My fictional boyfriend? Um.... I don't know. Either Will Herondale from the Infernal Devices, Augustus from The Fault in our Stars, or Day from Legend. Will would be very sweet though. :) I'll just leave it at that, because I've never really thought of it until now.

4. "Do you like floral print?"
For a minute, I had no idea what floral print was, and then I remembered. But yeah, I love floral print! It's beautiful! I love the modern print, though. Vintage is okay, depending on the style.

5. "If you could have dinner with 10 fictional characters (films, TV shows, books, any fictional character) who would you choose?"
Oh. My. Goodness. This is going to be quite hard! I would choose all of these people because it would add a bit of variety to whatever subjects will be talking about at where ever we may be having dinner. And Meelo would be hilarious! "Be the leaf!" But here are the people I would invite:

Hermione Granger from Harry Potter
Aang from Avatar: The Last Airbender,
Katara from same as above, 
Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III from How To Train Your Dragon,
Astrid Hofferson from How To Train Your Dragon, 
Meelo from Legend of Korra,
Dave the Minion from Despicable Me
Pikachu from Pokemon,
and Lucy Pevensie from the Chronicles of Narnia.
(If I would have invited an extra person, I'd choose Toothless. Flying in the air!)

6. "What is one of your favourite songs at the moment?"
I am currently loving "Classic" by MKTO. I kept singing it while I was vacuuming my room. And every time I do, I imagine myself on a stage in town's square, doing choreography. 

7. "Are you going on holiday this summer? If you are, where are you going?"
Sadly, I'm not going on a holiday outside of town this summer. However, if you have been checking out my blog, I have been going to events on different parts of town that I have never visited much before.

8. "Which social media site do you use the most?"
I spend most of my time on Goodreads, browsing through all of the book recommendations and role-playing. 

9. "What are your hopes and dreams?"
Most of my hopes and dreams were listed up above in the in facts section. I really want to be published before high school ends, earn an award and receive recognition from the Art and Writing Awards, go to a TED conference, learn three languages and be in at least five plays with my theater group. I hope to get into an Ivy League college on the East Coast.When I am older through, I would like to go travel through the world and spend at least a week in Ontario, and spend a month traveling Europe and Asia (separately). Really, I just want to make the best out of life and the opportunities open. 

10. "Would you rather read inside or outside?"
Most definitely, I would read outside! I've been reading and staying inside so much that it is a bit depressing. After reading the book, I would run barefoot through the backs of the rows of backyards, screaming, "Freedom!" I haven't done that for awhile, but it feels amazing.

11. "What book have you read that had a really great message? What was the message?"
A book that I read that had a really great message was Wonder, by R.J. Palacio. It's such a great book, about a boy with a facial deformity who enters a school for the first time. He deals with tons of downsides, like bullies, and the book is told by various characters. The book's message is that you should really treat people the way that you want to be treated. If you haven't read it, I suggest you go and read the book right now.

Questions for the Nominated:
1) What's your zodiac sign?
2) Would you rather go bobsledding or mattress surfing?
3)If you had to be any mythical creature from any fictional world, which would you be and why?
4) Imagine this: You found out that you had a long-lost aunt who left you a small inheritance of $500, BUT you have to spend it in 24 hours. What would you do with the money?
5) What country would you want to live in? You can't choose the one you are residing in as of now!
6) What is one book/movie series you really despise?
7) Are you more like your mom, or your dad? Explain why.
8) Tell me about your favorite or most significant childhood memory.
9) What is your opinion on sombreros?
10) Describe your fashion sense.

Nominating: 
and anyone who says, "Geronimo!"

Well, if you have read to the bottom of this post, I applaud you. Reading something that is extremely lengthy can be difficult at times. :) Well, until next time!

post signature

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yup! You sure can!

      Wait. Wait, wait, wait, wait. Let's make it official.
      I nominate Thesecretghostcaller for either one of these awards!
      :D Oh, and by the way, you won first place for the writing contest, which you can view here:
      http://theworldthroughmywindowsill.blogspot.com/2014/07/writing-contest-winners.html

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. Hi, thanks so much for visiting and commenting on my blog! :D Congratulations on your awards!!! The first one sounds really fun! Haha. Whoa, your blog is amazing! Do you want to follow each other on, idk, GFC or Bloglovin perhaps? I'd love to keep contact, I have not have any writing friends so far, haha, so, would love to. Let me know. I have Goodreads too, want to friend up there too perhaps? I really haven't been much on the site though. Btw, I read one of your writings, it's so gooooddd, enjoyed it. :D Too many things I'd love to comment from your answers of these tags, I won't even try, haha.

    xo,
    Emm
    doodleandstories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I'll follow you on GFC! And I'd love to be writing friends and Goodreads though; I'll send you a friend request... wait, on second thought, I have no idea what your account name is (there's no link on your blog directing toward your GR account)! Wait again... yeah, I can find you on Goodreads. :D And thank you! I really hope to be a successful and published author someday, so I'm trying hard to get there and writing TONS.

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
    2. Yay! Thank you! Added you up on GR! :) Yes, sorry, I thought I'd give you the link here, surely need to put that link up on my blog soon. :S Wish the same for you too! :) You're great and you're practicing to get there! That's awesome!

      xo,
      Emm

      Delete
  3. Congrats on winning all these awards!! Thanks so much for nominating me for the sunshine award!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Jollygirl! You deserve it!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  4. I love your answers! :)

    xoxo,
    Bethan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bethan! Although yesterday I read thoroughly through your post... there's only one Will Herondale in the world. >.<
      There's going to be some problems there. We can't all fight over him! :P

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  5. Thank you for nominating me Morning!
    June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, June! I can't wait to see your answers!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  6. You know...you are so pretty. :) Black hair! Love it!
    And I loved your answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Haha, you should see me in the mornings (bad pun, oops!)! My hair is super crazy then. XD

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  7. congratulations! on all of these awards,
    and i loved reading through all of your answers!
    Abbey <4

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for nominating me! I will fill it out by Wednesday hopefully, as I will gone for another 3 days!
    Hope to get back to the blogging world soon!!
    xxLizzie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome loved it!!! Am a big fan of asking, answering and reading interviews!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for nominating me! Here it is: Click

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Morning