09 July 2014

4th of July!

So, this past weekend, it was 4th of July! And for those of you who live in Canada, it was Canada Day for you folks! 4th of July this year was pretty laid back, compared to last years' (in short, my family and I watched a parade on the other side of town, ate at a fancy dining place, and watched Despicable Me 2, view it here). 

This year, I woke up to find my brother and my dad watching a sci-fi horror movie, which wasn't the picture I was necessarily thinking to see. We watched it all movie long. During the afternoon, my brother and I sat at home, lazy and hot. The temperature was at a boiling 81 degrees Fahrenheit, the highest it has been in years! While my dad went to go and buy ice cream from the store because of the hot weather, I decided to cool off in my room and try Brooke's nail tutorial.

Let say this straight: I never wear makeup outside of artistic performances, meaning musical and theater performances are the only times I willingly will wear makeup. I did not have much knowledge about how to apply it (thus the reason I had to ask my mom to tell me in a five-minute speech how to apply makeup). So, when I tried to apply nail polish to my fingernails, it came out really messy:



When I was done with experimenting, there was still lots of leftover polish on the piece of tinfoil I used. So instead, I decided to use the remaining polish and cotton swabs to create this pictures:


My "art palette" was messy:

In the evening, my parents decided to take our entire family out to go and see the fireworks! We arrived too early for the show. What did we do thirty minutes prior to the event? We stayed in the car, as my brother and I taught our parents how to take selfies on their phones.














video
(If you here someone talking in another language in the background, that's just my mom talking in Filipino about how she wished the fireworks made shapes.)
post signature
(P.S. Stay tuned for the results of the writing contest tomorrow!)

13 comments:

  1. That looks like fun!!! Oh and your new blog design is awesome!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like fun. I love your new blog design. I have a question. Do you have any tips on making a blog more popular? I would like to have more people reading my blog but I don't know exactly how to go about doing that.
    Thanks,
    Jollygirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jollygirl! Thank you! As for blogging advice, well, I have tons that it'd only fit in one huge letter, but the best thing I can tell you as for blogging advice is to go out and meet the blogging community by participating in link-ups and memes! Comment on other people's blogs and say hi, and at the end of each comment, add your blog link (people will most likely see it at that point)! Anyhoo, (I'll also be posting this same message on your blog in a bit), I usually don't do this, but do you want to be interviewed on my blog? You and Oakstar, actually, can both of be interviewed. It'll help you guys be introduced into the community!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
    2. I would love to be interviewed on your blog!! Thank for offering that opportunity to me and thanks for the advice!!

      Delete
  3. You are an amazing photographer and an amazing blogger, Morning! As soon as I get my blogger account, which I'm hopefully getting this weekend when I launch my blog, I will follow your blog! @ Jollygirl, I have a few ideas. I'm not a blogger yet, but here are some: Leave your blog name on other blogs in the comments, or put it on other websites like DG, spread the word around your town, and get your other blogging friends to mention your blog (if you're comfortable doing that). I'm Oakstar, by the way, and pretty much all the anonymous recent comments are from me. I love your blog, Jollygirl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was thinking that the anonymous comments were yours, but I wasn't sure. xD And yeah, please leave the link! I'll be excited to read your blog and posts! :) And, like I told Jollygirl, if you want, you can be interviewed on my blog and I'll put your answers in a future post-- it'll help introduce you two to the blogging world! :D

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  4. Ooh that's a really good idea to use the leftover polish to make art! I'm definitely going to start doing that! The photos are all beautiful as well!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Using nail polish as paint is kinda a bit of upcycling. xD Love doing that!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the help Oakstar! Thanks for saying you like my blog! When you start your blog this weekend I will definitely follow it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! And I'll follow yours! I don't officially follow any blogs yet because I don't want to use my personal account for the blogging world. (But I read many blogs, I can tell you that!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, those pictures are amazing! Great job!!

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Morning