17 June 2014

Q+A and Writing Contest!

Since I have reached 50 followers (well, now, 52 and counting), as I said in various posts before, I will be holding a q+a post, as well as a writing contest! But first, thank you all so much for following and supporting this blog, "The Ups and Downs of My Not-So-Average Life!" (I've now just realized how much of a mouthful that is! Whoa!) It means the world to me that you lovely readers read what I have to say and leave comments!
So, for the q+a post, you lovely readers can ask me anything you want to hear about. You can ask who my favorite Doctor is to what the color of my ceiling is or even asking me to describe the shoes I'm wearing! Any question, as long as it isn't inappropriate or too personal for me to answer and share. I'll answer them to the best of my abilities in a post and probably dig out some photos from my camera or former blog posts to answer them. Just leave your questions in the comments section. ^.^
Now, for the writing contest! Well, it is a writing contest, but I did expand some things to a degree. This contest I actually have thought of a prompt for, and it is a prompt which was drawn from a fantasy novel that I've been working on for almost four years now. I did answer this prompt to some degree in my writing, but I want to read what you guys have to say about this, because this actually is an interesting question. I've also been in a bit of a fantasia craze, so here is how it is going to go!

How To Enter:
The prompt is, "Why do not mythical creatures exist anymore?" "Anymore", in the context, means in modern times.

You can answer the question either in a short story, poem, drawing, or  comic. As I mentioned earlier, I did expand some things, the reason why you can enter in a comic or drawing.
Once you have finished with your entry, post it on your blog and comment back here with a link to your entry. But, since I do have some friends who I know would love to enter but do not have a blog, I have set up a Google form which you will submit your entry here. Please only submit there if you do not have a blog; this will keep things much more organized for me to read and judge entries.

Other Terms:
No nasty words or pictures (bloody scenes, etc.). Keep it a PG level, please!
If you do enter in a short story, there is a word limit of 1200 words long.  As long as you are under or at that limit, you will be alright. You can also include a picture that can help with the mood of the story (if it is not yours, please correctly cite it; i.e. image via Pinterest).
For the comic and drawing entries, it clearly has to depict the prompt. Otherwise, it is invalid.
The Prize:
So this is what you have all been waiting for, huh? The prize! Well, if you haven't noticed, my left sidebar is pretty much bare, with no blog buttons whatsoever. The winner of this contest will either have a choice to have themselves in an interview that will be posted on this blog, OR have their blog button on my sidebar until my new design is up in August. Plus, the winner and the three runner-ups will each receive a button award and will have their entries shown in the post when the winner is revealed!
Everyone else that entered, however, will have their blog button/link (or, if you're a non-blogger entering, I will create a badge for you!) featured on my sidebar for three weeks after the contest is done. :)
The Deadline:
This contest will be running from June 17th to 11:59 PM, July 3rd, and I will extend the deadline only by a couple of hours because of different time zones.
If you have any questions, then just also ask them in the comments section and I will answer ASAP!
post signature

15 comments:

  1. 1. Who is your favourite Doctor?
    2. Who is your favourite assistant to the Doctor? (Vote for Rose JK)
    3. Which are better: Daleks or Cybermen?
    4. Would you want to travel with the Doctor? Why or why not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question: Current fave song
    And YES, I am going to enter the contest with a short story ;)
    -Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Questions
    1. What is your favorite book series?
    2. What is your favorite stand alone book?
    3. What is your favorite TV show???

    Hi Morningtime4!!!! Thanks for giving everyone this opportunity in a writing contest!!! Sorry, but I will not be entering. However,I'm eager to see the winning entries!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jollygirl! You might be a different Jollygirl but if you know me, you know me by Oakstar!

      Delete
    2. Yeah, it is the same Jollygirl from DG! :)

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
    3. Well, the Jollygirl up there. ^^ XD

      Delete
    4. Hi Oakstar!!! Yes, I'm the jollygirl from the dg website. I can't wait to meet you at the summit. Your comments are really nice!!!

      Delete
  4. Questions:
    (I hope these aren't too personal, if so, don't bother with them.)
    1. What grade are you in?
    2. Do you have a big family?
    3. When did you first start to blog and why?
    4. What is one food you absolutely love and one food you absolutely hate?
    5. Who is your favorite Disney princess?
    6. Do you know what you would like to do for a career when you're older and if so, what career?

    I'll see if I can enter - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning,
    Is it okay if my story is like, 300 words over? Or do I have to shorten it?
    -Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Lizzie! Yeah, it's okay if your story is 300 words over. ^.^

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, here are my questions. :)

    1. Favorite Doctor?
    2. Favorite companion? (I'm counting characters such as River Song, Mickey, and Jack as companions, too, not just Rose, Martha, Donna, Amy, Clara, etc.)
    3. Do you watch "Sherlock"? If so, what are your thoughts? If not, OMG WATCH IT NOW IT IS AWESOME!!!
    4. Top three books?
    5. Favorite genre to read/write?

    I'll definitely be entering the contest! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, is it okay if I e-mail my entry to you? I'd love to enter, but I have posts lined up for the rest of this month and I'm not sure if I'll be able to squeeze it in. :( If not, I totally understand.

      Delete
  8. http://castleintheair-inspired.blogspot.com/2014/07/writing-contest-entry.html Here is my entry!! Enjoy!!

    xxLizzie

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://thesecretghostcaller.blogspot.com/2014/07/contest.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  10. www.littlelivys.stinge.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Morning