22 March 2014

We're On Fire This Week!

Hi, everyone! How are you enjoying the first few days of spring? Where I am right now, it doesn’t seem like spring one bit (the three days of heavy snow that weekend before going back to school from spring break is slowly melting, though). I’m feeling so tired, sore, having mixed feelings.

Well, track and field started this week. I was about ready to brace myself for the harshness of training I had to endure last year—full on boot camp training to strengthen core muscles and get in shape—but surprisingly enough, the first week was quite easy. I do admit I can still feel the burn in my legs. The other two pieces of good news is that a lot more of my friends joined this year, and two, one of our meets is at the school of my friend that I haven’t seen in a long time!

That, and we finally completed our "We the People" speeches. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's a competition where a group of four or five must prepare a four minute speech answering a civics question about the U.S. constitution and government. It was required as a grade, and we were assigned partners. To be honest, I was a little nervous if my group would pull through because we were allowed to choose our group, but I simply wrote down, "I can work with anyone." I didn't mind working with everyone.

This week was the week that we had to represent our speeches. We all pulled ourselves to work twice as hard and prepared for the series of follow-up questions that were to follow our speech. Our group was on fire, answering these questions and trying hard to stifle laughs under our hands because it was hard for some people to speak without using their hands. It makes me laugh just remembering that.

One of the things that we had to do as a requirement was to dress up nicely. I had to wear a scarf, a lacely striped shirt, black dress pants, and Dansco shoes, things that I do not normally like to wear. Normally, I look like this:

Inline image 1
(image via Tumblr)
'
One last thing: DIVERGENT CAME OUT YESTERDAY!!!

Inline image 2
Look at how beautiful this movie poster is!

~(•-•)~

So close to watching it in the theater... sadly, our family didn't get the chance to watch the movie. My feels, though.... IT'S HARD TO CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT! *squeals*

2 comments:

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Morning