09 March 2014

"So Long, Farewell" Theater! (Or Is This Not Farewell?)

Theater just ended yesterday. We had an hour and a half between shows, so a majority of our cast went out to the nearby mall to eat lunch and browse around the malls for a bit. These are my photos, please don't steal them. 

A picture I took on the sidewalk.

While we were walking, I stayed in the back of the pack with the girls. Some of the guys walked ahead of us.

One of our cast members said they didn't like Starbucks, so we all went to Starbucks and said that he should try something there. He'd only been there once, after all.


Another smoothie drink I got! 

I went to Claire's for the first time! 

I'm really going to miss everyone from our show-- they have been "the most amazing cast", as one of the actors in our play said, and he couldn't have worded it any better. They've accepted me, the newcomer who wasn't just shy but who also couldn't remember anyone's names on the second day of rehearsal, and by the end of it all, they've helped me come out of my shell and I became the girl who would jump into the group circle for group sing circle. I'm going to miss singing Frozen songs for warm ups and pass time, playing "WAH!" and "Diva" (which is group sing circle), using a dagger and buckler for stage combat (I miss them already!) and every single person there who helped make that play come to life. 

I don't know if I'm doing mainstage theater again (mainstage meaning plays during the school year), and I really hope I do. This was my first time acting for a local theater company, and it was so much fun. Writing and theater are pretty similar. You get to become a character, and you can "see" through their eyes. I never imagined being casted as an evil knight (the complete opposite of me), but I felt honored to play such a heavy role of working for Morgana le Fay and capturing Arthur and Guinevere. Wow. I just realized, I like playing "odd" roles; my first play, which was for school, I was one of the witches from "Macbeth". This was my second play.

I wish I could mention everyone's name who was in my play (because those guys are AMAZING people) and mention how wonderful they are, but I can't. So, I'll just say this: To the entire cast of the play, you guys rock. No, seriously. All of you guys either come from public school, private school, home school, outside of town, the other side of town, etc. etc. and though came from a completely normal background compared to the majority of you guys, you guys took me in as a fresh newbie and I'm really happy for that. You don't judge when we sing at the top of our lungs or when someone hyperventilates for seeing a famous actor or comedian that just came to town and said "Hi" to you while walking down a hallway. (This happened many times to us.) And the people behind the scenes? They're cool beans. I got to play "Rock, Paper, Scissors" with our in-theater resident, Katie Perry.

Luckily, what I heard is that we're having a surprise cast reunion in a couple of weeks! I know the details (and I'm dying to chat about this with someone from theater, but I don't have any of their numbers! Didn't have enough time!). Who is the surprise for? For the person who is in charge of making sure that our lines, blocking, and stage combat is memorized! I'm hoping the reunion doesn't occur on the weekend of my retreat! That would rather stink. I can't wait, and even just typing this up makes me feel all jumpy on the inside. 


Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Morning





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Morning